General TV (16 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I didn't like the warrior :D

Your loss this time, Ah Sam is the man :D The warrior because feels like a martial arts peaky blinders. Hardboiled gangster story with martial arts.

Into The badlands is way worse for similar genre, but you might like it more because its bit more carefree and casual fantasy action series, less serious then warrior. Uses ALOT of wire fu, decent fight choreographies.

You can see the guys behind warrior did Banshee. It has similarly effortless rugged and gritty style.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You were right Osman, badlands is weak
Yep, its entirely about the main guy being a good stuntman martial artist irl. The series itself is just an avenue for him to showcase that. Dont expect much from it, except it being a late 90s kinda low brow cheesy action series in mad max type setting.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Just watched beef. It’s brilliant
I thought it was pretty boring. Average at best.
For some reason, I never got into it. I got the idea the show received all those positive reviews because it was something new, something pretty original. Which it was. But that doesn't necessarily make it good.

Then again, maybe it's just me.

Watched the first 3 seasons of L' Amice Geniale myself over the past few weeks. It's not perfect and there are definitely a few weaker episodes (especially in the 2nd & 3rd season), but still: :heart:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Tried out class of 09 pilot episode. Pretty decent first episode. Curious to see where this will go narratively with flashbacks, present and flashforwards so to speak.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I thought it was pretty boring. Average at best.
For some reason, I never got into it. I got the idea the show received all those positive reviews because it was something new, something pretty original. Which it was. But that doesn't necessarily make it good.

Then again, maybe it's just me.

Watched the first 3 seasons of L' Amice Geniale myself over the past few weeks. It's not perfect and there are definitely a few weaker episodes (especially in the 2nd & 3rd season), but still: :heart:
Did you watch the whole thing or just the first couple of episodes?

I found it very.creative and character driven. Started quirky and then kept progressively becoming more absurd and more intense until the 2nd to last episode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)