General TV (64 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
i watched only like 20-odd minutes of the first squid game episode, and never wanted to see more

based on the reviews and trailers, i'd probably enjoy alice in borderland, so i'll give it a shot.

i still have to finish rewatching house md lol. i saw most episodes back when it was released, i started rewatching it a few months ago, and i totally enjoy it. best comedy + characters + love story + drama in a single package, perfect light entertainment. i preferred it over the world cup, totally worth wasting my time on it when my son is sleeping
Idk how your synchro is btw, but the german one was ace. Was disappointed when I switched to the original audio and heard his actual voice lol.

Great show, but I liked the earlier seasons better than the last ones.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Banshee is great. I really love it. The fighting scenes are epic.

Also
Lili Simmons
absolutely agreed. but the story does get silly at times. f.e. in the last season you have these strange, ritualistic murders that involve cutting out the victims heart and it takes 4 murders and several weeks for all the genius detectives there to start wondering whether its worth looking at the local satanist club, that's just poor poor poor police work :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Im close to finishing rewatching Banshee, light, fast paced and silly entertainment, turns out I still like it. Is there anything similar to it?

Banshee is cult classic.

Same creators made a 1900s San Francisco martial arts gangs show. Its fantastic.

And not similar but would say Justified gives similar vibes to Banshee.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Anyone tried the Bear? After the UK movie Boiling Point (single take movie) about a chef in one shift in his restaurant, I was in the mood for similar setting, and my brothers recommended The Bear. Oh my what a lovely suprise it been, only 8 episodes, and 25-30 minute episodes, so I breezed to 7 of them already. About to watch the finale.

@swag Yellowstone is like Dallas/Dynasty type soap infused with crime gangster elements, vicious politics and breathtaking gorgous nature ranch living. Its more simplistic then his other shows he spin offed Yellowstone. 1883 is a proper brutally raw slow burning beautituf tale. His 1923 spin off is less soapy then yellowstone and more gritty and grounded so far (just few episodes).
I watched The Bear last month. I loved it, and I didn't expect to. The cast is amazing. It also represents a working class Chicago history that's like family to me, so I carry a bias. My criticism is that it can go really intense and then 5 minutes later everyone acts like nothing happened. But other than that, it's great storytelling.

My issue with Yellowstone is it lacks range or subtlety. It feels like an AI wrote the script, and Kevin Costner has zero range as an actor to add to the robotic dullness of it all.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The bear was totally a breath of fresh air for the same reasons you mentioned. I dont know who the creator is but I will try anything else he makes after this one. And yeah it was kinda odd how chilled out they became after being balls to the wall few minutes before lol.

And fully agree on YellowStone. But I still watch it, its a modern western and im a sucker for westerns since my father showed my my first Western at age 5.

Kevin Costner plays a caricature (its really basic writing, Taylor Sheridan writes much better for his spinoffs then he does for yellowstone), but Kostner does it well with the little he is given.

But he didn't deserve the golden globe he got for for the part. It should gone to Bob Odenkirk with his amazing better call saul role.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
The last of Us pilot was pretty much perfect.

Hopefully the rest of the series is as good. Kind of wish I didn't play the same so that I didn't know what happens.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Yep. Was worried going into the second season it was gonna disappoint, but turned out to be even better.

Thought it was far better than Squid Game.
I also thought season 2 was the better season. I didn’t like the latter episodes of season 1, but in season 2 they returned the focus on how the individual person lived. I think that was what made this show really great. Absolutely brilliant show which is not for the mainstream viewer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)