General TV (65 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I'm gonna rematch Dark from beginning.

Just in time for 1899 to come out. Been a while I been this intrigued by a new upcoming show.
I could never get into Dark. Will need to try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, I was sad to see 1883 end, it was very slow paced episodes, but beautiful story. Too bad it was one off story. But the creator is doing a Bass Reeves story as direct follow up to that period, so we still have more westerns to look forward to.
Harrison Ford is starring in the new season. 1923.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Yep I know, with Helen Mirren. How the hell did they get them to do the show lol.

And defenitely get into Dark, you won't regret it.
Paramount must be pumping a shit load of money into the Yellowstone franchise.

I'll try it again and again. I know I'm going to love it eventually, I just have to be patient until it clicks with me.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
For me 1899 was a huge disappointment.
As I consider Dark one of my top 5 series I expected way more from it's creators.
Pacing is slow. I couldn't look past the language barrier between the characters. Unlikable characters. Weak character development.
Romances coming from nowhere and unbelievable.
Managed to watch almost 4 episodes before turning it off completely.
Also it seem to suffer from the "streaming service treatment", as in the show is stretched so it has a bigger runtime than it needs to.
I think the story overall could have been great and I also suspect that Netflix interfered with the production by probably setting some dumb guidelines.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
For me 1899 was a huge disappointment.
As I consider Dark one of my top 5 series I expected way more from it's creators.
Pacing is slow. I couldn't look past the language barrier between the characters. Unlikable characters. Weak character development.
Romances coming from nowhere and unbelievable.
Managed to watch almost 4 episodes before turning it off completely.
Also it seem to suffer from the "streaming service treatment", as in the show is stretched so it has a bigger runtime than it needs to.
I think the story overall could have been great and I also suspect that Netflix interfered with the production by probably setting some dumb guidelines.
I agree. Went downhill after the first episode

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)