General TV (83 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No one gives a shit about that other than some huffpost "journalist" and the tweeter who has been given a voice because of it.

Its nothing more than said "journalist" searching high and low for "muh patriacry" complaints that are relevant in popular shows.

Pretty much what the go to internet/social media narrative is now. Everyone gets a viral voice, ONE single idiot can say the most outlandish thing, and it takes another single idiot to react to it and call it out, and suddenly its shaped as a pandemic of everyone thinking and talking like this, and it has to be stopped, nitpicked, generalized, forms the whole outlook of said topic, wether its reacting positive or negative to it etc. Its kinda ridicolous and Pavlonian reactions in endless loop.

"It was said in the internet, so the whole world thinks its". In real life scenarios, you would just ignore bozos like that, instead of give them instant gratification.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Barbarians is indeed not good, its average. A historical soap opera with high production and good cinematography. Watch for the scenery and time period. But don't expect much, the writing is shit.
A shame you say that, as I only started watching it yesterday, but I see your point. The cinematography was great in the first episode but the writing was really poor and cliche. Had high hopes for this one.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
A shame you say that, as I only started watching it yesterday, but I see your point. The cinematography was great in the first episode but the writing was really poor and cliche. Had high hopes for this one.
I also had high hopes, its still worth watching considering the period its covering, but I was hoping for a more serious writing/plot exucution for the first non anglo roman era series I seen (I'm watching the italy made Romulus right now, and its so far better then barbarians). Instead it has the right look and feel, but falls flat in key things. But hey, the actor playing Arminius and the main female lead are good in their roles. Its just they not given much to work with.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Of course not but I don't watch gay shit.
That pretty much sums up why I can't stomach Marvel movies.

Anything that even hints at its cosplay potential makes me vomit.

Pretty much what the go to internet/social media narrative is now. Everyone gets a viral voice, ONE single idiot can say the most outlandish thing, and it takes another single idiot to react to it and call it out, and suddenly its shaped as a pandemic of everyone thinking and talking like this, and it has to be stopped, nitpicked, generalized, forms the whole outlook of said topic, wether its reacting positive or negative to it etc. Its kinda ridicolous and Pavlonian reactions in endless loop.

"It was said in the internet, so the whole world thinks its". In real life scenarios, you would just ignore bozos like that, instead of give them instant gratification.
I second this.

And then you get the assclown wannabe journos in Buzzfeed and PopSugar saying, "Everybody is saying xxxx" or "The Internet loves yyyy". :inter:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
umbrella academy anyone? just finished watching the 1st season, it started slowly, way too much repetitive elaboration on some characters, 2nd half was a bit more eventful and addictive. some characters would have deserved a bit more of screen time, five and klaus stole the show. still a solid 7.5/10, will start to watch the 2nd season too

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I was curious about it because of the big kahuna as the lead role, but its an apple tv exclusive over here. While im generous with subscriptions for most streaming services, I'm not not gonna touch anything related to apple :D

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I was curious about it because of the big kahuna as the lead role, but its an apple tv exclusive over here. While im generous with subscriptions for most streaming services, I'm not not gonna touch anything related to apple :D
You are missing out BIG TIME!
Just pirate that shit. Trust me, you will thank me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)