General TV (60 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Someone told me youtube has all episodes, but I didn't check.

I didnt touch the nettlix one yet cuz I too heard the original Chinese one is better and closer to the books.

But I'm not sure I will watch either. Just some research.
I am not that hooked now. Three episodes into the series and I am starting to lose interest.

you guys should watch the netflix one till end. it's setting up quite a big story that will destroy your mind.

the books and chinese version are very long and there is lots of slow parts. an characters are not explored in detail. the netflix show is doing a good job of fleshing out the characters and world building

also after watching it either read the books or watch this 4 hour epic guide/summary of the books

it's a really horrifying take on the universe. i don't want to spoil what happens so either watch the video above or read the books. it will make you scared of the universe.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Intriguing post Lion.

Anything that scares you I must investigate further, so I can use it against you in the future.

ba4172cc14bbd1a3c2e98b4ac1a84c03.gif
no joke if you have no interest in the show or reading books, just watch the video summary above. the dark forest theory alone in the 3 body problem will make you terrified

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I may read the books, and your post actually makes me intrigued to watch the netflix show too.
the thing with the show and the books. everything is told for a reason.

in the show you will see characters give each other gifts. books being shown. unfunny "joke" being told.

everything is there for a reason. every detail matters.

you may watch the show and be like the fuck they showing this for? whats with this scene? there is no filler. it's all there for story and world building and all ties in to the bigger story.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
the thing with the show and the books. everything is told for a reason.

in the show you will see characters give each other gifts. books being shown. unfunny "joke" being told.

everything is there for a reason. every detail matters.

you may watch the show and be like the fuck they showing this for? whats with this scene? there is no filler. it's all there for story and world building and all ties in to the bigger story.

The acting is just too terrible to get into it. Feels too off.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
The acting is just too terrible to get into it. Feels too off.
thats fair. if you can't read the books just watch the video i linked above. it's a nice summary and deserves a watch. the dark forest theory as an answer to the fermi paradox is both genius and classic cosmic horror same time

also you guys who gave up after few episodes try and watch episode 5. it has one of the craziest and most insane scenes in tv history. was wild how they pulled this crazy scene off

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
fallout is fun. i played some of the games for a short time so i'm not a huge fan or connoisseur of the game series, just slightly familiar with the base story. and it looks like true to the "fallout universe", even with every inconsistency. the script, the main characters/acting (save for maximus, he's a bit bland and one dimensional), the scenery, the gags, all work. the supporting actors are flawless. walton goggins was brilliant in justified already, these roles fit him perfectly. the chick playing lucy was a good pick too. loved to see michael emerson after person of interest too. and the soundtrack is terrific. solid entertainment, easy 8/10 halfway through the 5th episode

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I wish Michael Emerson was a stalwart in the show, big fan of his machevelian quiet genius type casting since Lost and person of interest.

Indeed Goggins and the chick playing Lucy are great at their role, as are most supporting cast. But the Cuba Gooding jr looking dude playing Maximus feel more like a CW/Nickelodeon type actor lol

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Holy shit Shogun episode 8 "the abyss of life". That certain scene, what an emotionally packed power house scene. You will get it when you see it. Manly tears were shed. Brilliant actors.

shogun-lord-yoshi-toranaga.gif

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Holy shit Shogun episode 8 "the abyss of life". That certain scene, what an emotionally packed power house scene. You will get it when you see it. Manly tears were shed. Brilliant actors.

shogun-lord-yoshi-toranaga.gif
Indeed, that scene was a masterpiece.

Just finished episode 9, and man oh man, Mariko epitomizes a brilliantly written female character.

Aug 30, 2002
also you guys who gave up after few episodes try and watch episode 5. it has one of the craziest and most insane scenes in tv history. was wild how they pulled this crazy scene off

shock-shocked.gif

I binged watched to episode 5 now (first 3 episodes was slowish, all the flashback china stuff was peak Lost level great, while modern oxford scenes sluggish at first), it's been an interesting sci fi mystery series so far, but HOLY FUCK did it reach next level with EPISODE 5, WAS NUTS.

My face was my like avatar throughout that scene.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952jj025xpgpo82m80empykp3b5v9kdd1azwcuj4ojs&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif

Thanks for recommending the show.

Jan 24, 2007
  • Lion

Lion

shock-shocked.gif

I binged watched to episode 5 now (first 3 episodes was slowish, all the flashback china stuff was peak Lost level great, while modern oxford scenes sluggish at first), it's been an interesting sci fi mystery series so far, but HOLY FUCK did it reach next level with EPISODE 5, WAS NUTS.

My face was my like avatar throughout that scene.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952jj025xpgpo82m80empykp3b5v9kdd1azwcuj4ojs&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif

Thanks for recommending the show.
Yeah ep 5 caught everyone off guard. N the books this scene is not even explained, it’s just told it happened. The show do a great job showing how a weapon can be so terrifyingly dangerous and silent

just watch out cuz it’s about to slow back down now. But the stuff happening in next few episodes it all important. Not a single detail is filler here

Sep 7, 2023
01) Black Butterflies - one of the best mini tv series I've seen in years. A tale of a serial killer who operated in the 70s but told through a writer working on a book in the present. Cinematography is spectacular, never seen 70s emulated that well.
papillons-noirs.jpg

02) Pending Train
About people traveling into the future due to some mysterious occurence happening in 2023.
Absolutely falls into so bad it's good category. Super-low budget and I shit you not, they have only two songs they use throughout the show and for some reason they use it totally random, even when the song doesn't suit the mood at all.
MV5BZDdiODAxZmMtMTQzNi00NzkwLTkyMzMtYWRkMGM0MGRjODQ2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTk1MjM3OTQ@._V1_QL75_UY28...jpg

03) Dear Child
German TV series about a woman and a child escaping their abductor that kept them locked up for 12 years.
Really cool 5 episodes (even the plotholes are tolerable).
Then comes episode six which is so incredibly uninspired and underwhelming it casts a shadow over previous episodes as it's painfully bad and it's baffling.

Attachments

Mar 16, 2013
Yeah ep 5 caught everyone off guard. N the books this scene is not even explained, it’s just told it happened. The show do a great job showing how a weapon can be so terrifyingly dangerous and silent

just watch out cuz it’s about to slow back down now. But the stuff happening in next few episodes it all important. Not a single detail is filler here
Just watched the show based on your recommendation.

Most of the characters aren’t very interesting and the dialogue is mediocre, but the story is so gripping and compelling that it was hard for me to stop binging. I’m really inteigued with what’s next and dont think I can wait for the next seasons to come out so I’m going to buy and read the books instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)