General News & Politics (12 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Goddamnit!

Let me guess, there are no term limits either?
they removed

besides those 3 most important things that were instrumental to guarantee re-election, many changes happened under the hood. new constitution, new electoral legislation, stronger russian ties, creation of a state managed mafia, reform of the public procurement processes, channeling eu money to friendly entrepreneurs, replacing all (and i mean all) officials with loyal servants, reforming prosecution, etc, i could go on for an hour.

just an example: before 2010, conflict of interest rules didn't permit you to run for public procurement services if you were a relative to anyone deciding on public investments. now the wife (now ex wife) of a minister can easily be a successful entrepreneur by having only one client: the state. the wealthiest man of the country is an old friend of orbán, a dumb plumber. he was a nobody before ~2012 when the former right hand dude and biggest oligarch had a nasty disagreement with orbán (about russians, imagine a corrupt oligarch having moral limits lol) and needed to be replaced.

this is so fucked up

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
they removed

besides those 3 most important things that were instrumental to guarantee re-election, many changes happened under the hood. new constitution, new electoral legislation, stronger russian ties, creation of a state managed mafia, reform of the public procurement processes, channeling eu money to friendly entrepreneurs, replacing all (and i mean all) officials with loyal servants, reforming prosecution, etc, i could go on for an hour.

just an example: before 2010, conflict of interest rules didn't permit you to run for public procurement services if you were a relative to anyone deciding on public investments. now the wife (now ex wife) of a minister can easily be a successful entrepreneur by having only one client: the state. the wealthiest man of the country is an old friend of orbán, a dumb plumber. he was a nobody before ~2012 when the former right hand dude and biggest oligarch had a nasty disagreement with orbán (about russians, imagine a corrupt oligarch having moral limits lol) and needed to be replaced.

this is so fucked up
How much of a decider were family values/issues in the election in your opinion? the rerurgence of far right movement is imho a direct result of the culture war, too much bullshit is being rammed downs people's throat by lefties and big tech

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
How much of a decider were family values/issues in the election in your opinion? the rerurgence of far right movement is imho a direct result of the culture war, too much bullshit is being rammed downs people's throat by lefties and big tech
is it a question or a statement? :p

no man, just forget everything that you know about the west when it comes to hungary. it's pure propaganda, populism and 100% demagogic bullshit. and orbán isn't far right at all, his methods are autocratic and resemble more to the communists than anything else. they didn't even have a program ffs. it's not politics, just a religion.

- - - Updated - - -

also, the resurgence of the far right means that a small and new party, mi hazánk got 7% of the votes. they are hardcore far right: anti vax, anti lmbgtq, anti eu, anti communist, anti everything. probably funded by fidesz :p

Last edited:

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
lol wtf is that even supposed to mean
It means that Orban wins for the 4th time, and apparently this time he won against Soros and Zelenskiy. Pretty sure neither of them were even running, but that's not the point. How did Hungary managed to get into the EU, I assume it was more or less normal democracy, and then turn into this?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
It means that Orban wins for the 4th time, and apparently this time he won against Soros and Zelenskiy. Pretty sure neither of them were even running, but that's not the point. How did Hungary managed to get into the EU, I assume it was more or less normal democracy, and then turn into this?
democracy is a very fragile thing.

Now that I think about it the term limit is by far the most important requirement. Without it, sooner or later some ass-hole will decide that he can stay in power forever.

Jun 16, 2020
Because of the last wars (Iraq, Afghanistan) the European unity was under pressure (migration crisis; Brexit, rising of right wing parties) until the current war when the public opinion actually changed to very pro-EU, with Hungary apparently as the exception. But they were something different during the migration crisis already. I think that no EU country reacted as heavily as they did, and the problems they faced didn’t came close to the mess Greece and Italy were in.

Jun 16, 2020
Not only this, he was also bribed by Kremlin and then hired by Gazprom :rofl:
This happens a lot, it’s a very bad thing. It happened during last elections in The Netherlands aswel: https://www.ad.nl/politiek/vvd-minister-cora-van-nieuwenhuizen-stapt-op-en-wordt-lobbyist~a1fabdea/

They should make regulations against this. After a career in politics you shouldn’t be able to work for certain lobby’s for a x-amount of years. The advantage create for the lobby is insane.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)