General News & Politics (7 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I should have mentioned Abrahamic or monotheistic religions.

Buddhism is more of a doctrine or a way of life, but it is definitely not without its flaws.
I should trademark that statement :D

- - - Updated - - -

All religions are equally fucked up and equally flawed. The funny thing is they all deploy the same narrative and borrow ideologies from one another. Essentially, each religion is an extension of the next, with the name of the prophet and the god changing as a consequence. If you actually read the scriptures and look at balanced unbiased interpretations, you will arrive at the conclusion that they are one and the same.
Nope, not equally. Islam is definitely more fucked up.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Religion is a connection of that individual with their deity, it is a deeply personal idea that involves believing in something that is not physically evidenced. By your idea @Elvin you're expecting the billion Muslims to start killing everyone but it won't happen because 99% have understood the meaning of the religion on a human level while 1% haven't. The few guys who attacked Charlie Hebdo somehow in your mind reflect what all Muslims think in which case France should've been nuked by the Arab countries yet Bush and Blair invading Iraq on a hunch killing so many innocents is the least of your worries because you're obediently regurgitating what is fed to you about evil Islam. It's not about religion, the bigger picture is that you have little compassion for the evil Muslims because you're told to. You don't want to ask the questions or understand because you're told not to be inquisitive.

I mentioned BLM because it's the same method used to dehumanise blacks to the extent that it's OK for a kid Rittenhouse to show up to a riot with semi-automatic, kill a guy, and be cleared. Yes, he was defending himself but he shouldn't be there and a dickhead should never be allowed to carry a gun. His gun saved him at the expense of another guy attacking him with a skateboard and that's great news for the NRA because he got off the murder charge. It's the same thing about dropping bombs in the Middle East, you just don't want to think about it because you might feel some empathy. Ultimately, when you don't feel anything when another human dies then you are insensitive to any atrocity or injustice so it'll happen all the time and you'll obediently do nothing.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You mean to tell me very superficial knowledge on the subject and commie propaganda sequelae make one sound like a complete idiot?
Religion is a very sensitive topic because when you try and deploy a rational or logical approach, the pious populace demand you have faith, even though they were the ones proposing a logical rationalization from the onset :D

For example, I can never engage in any religious discussion with my father because it will lead nowhere. On the other hand, I find it compelling to pick my mom's brains about religious text and its interpretation, because she is open to discussion.

If we closely analyze the Quran for example, we will find there is nothing there that says alcohol is forbidden (this was introduced much later by one of the caliphates) or that Hijab is mandatory.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Religion is a very sensitive topic because when you try and deploy a rational or logical approach, the pious populace demand you have faith, even though they were the ones proposing a logical rationalization from the onset :D

For example, I can never engage in any religious discussion with my father because it will lead nowhere. On the other hand, I find it compelling to pick my mom's brains about religious text and its interpretation, because she is open to discussion.

If we closely analyze the Quran for example, we will find there is nothing there that says alcohol is forbidden (this was introduced much later by one of the caliphates) or that Hijab is mandatory.
All one needs to know about Islam is that it was forced upon populations.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I don’t think Buddhism is that fucked up at all. Very peaceful religion and not as widespread so hyenas aren’t using it to profit off of poor people.
Ah, the religion of non-violence. Except when they try to wipe out the Muslims in Myanmar or the Tamil Hindus in Sri Lanka.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
All one needs to know about Islam is that it was forced upon populations.
As was Christianity. Educate yourself. Ignorance is bliss I suppose :boh: :numnum:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2016/06/14/if-islam-is-a-religion-of-violence-so-is-christianity/

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/08/books/review/catherine-nixey-darkening-age.html

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, the religion of non-violence. Except when they try to wipe out the Muslims in Myanmar or the Tamil Hindus in Sri Lanka.
Don't forget about the Uyghurs in China.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
I think I read something about the Middle East being more prosperous and developed than Europe before the arrival of Islam.

But to be fair, Europe first got really developed from the 1850's and up. We had our fair share dark ages, it's also not by coincidence we had the bloodiest wars in history fought on our soil.

WW2 was a massive eye opener for Europe in many ways.
Middle east countries are trying to be superpower in their region. Basically each of them want to be the US of central asia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)