Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (2 Viewers)

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
Roose Bolton was one of the best characters. He was all about the game

R.I.P. Roose, stay hard
Roose was an asshole. Tywin was the best. I agree with all of you though, they killed off the best characters. Martin was so busy playing the Grim Reaper for the shock value that he didn't notice that he was taking away the best part of the series and replacing them with these lame watered down characters.

Jaime (I pronounce it the spanish way) Lannister is no where near the bad ass he is made to be in the books apparently
Jaime has started to turn into Cersei's bitch again. :yuck: Why Martin has kept that pathetic excuse for a woman around is far beyond me.

Puberty

the last one :D
:lol: Also that very last one on the right...:heart:

- - - Updated - - -

As a side note: Holy shit! I have been off and on on this forum for 10 years now.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
@Lilith The main problem with the tv series is that not enough time has been spent on the pillars of the show which would include Ned Stark, Bobby B, Rhaegar and the Mad King, Tywin and Roose, etc.. The list goes on

Without these foundational characters getting to set the plate and in most cases to never make solid appearances, it just hurts the brilliance of the story overall. I haven't read the books but from what I've come across i can tell that it's far more rich than what the series distillates it down to on screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
How do people know so ,ugh about the likes of Bobby B, Rhaegar and Arthur Dayne? I haven't read the books are they a big part of them? If so how much history of Westros been told befor the TV show starts.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
How do people know so ,ugh about the likes of Bobby B, Rhaegar and Arthur Dayne? I haven't read the books are they a big part of them? If so how much history of Westros been told befor the TV show starts.
All over the internet. Yes, not so much Arthur Dayne as the others. A fuckton, if you're not into reading the books there are a bunch of videos on youtube, narrated by the GOT actors, about history of the houses, character's pasts and important events leading up to the show like Robert's rebellion. Search for "game of thrones a complete history" they're about an hour long each but really comprehensive.

There used to be some good ones for specific houses too but it looks like they got taken down. I've heard it's extra content that comes with the DVDs so you could probably still find it somewhere.

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
Pretty sure it was Lord Karstark who Robb beheaded
You're right.

Season 3

The Greatjon is not present at the Twins during the events of the Red Wedding, making him one of the few bannermen of House Stark that survived it.[5][6]

After Bran decides to travel north of the wall, he sends Osha and Rickon to the holdfast of Greatjon Umber for safety.

Season 6

When the Greatjon's son Smalljon Umber arrives at Winterfell to hand Rickon Stark over to Ramsay Bolton. He reveals that the Greatjon has died, and Ramsay accordingly addresses the Smalljon as "Lord Umber". He tells Ramsay he might have killed his father himself if he had not "died on his own".[7]

Holy sht you know what this means? It's theory time:

Greatjon Umber is not dead, they only want bolton to believe that, that's why his son the new "Lord Umber" takes Rickon and Osha (whatver the fk her name is) to bolton, it's all a play:
1) Greatjon claimed dead
2) New Lord Umber takes Rickon and the lady to Bolton as a gift for their new formed 'alliance.' Throw in a wild wolf's head as proof that this sh*t is legit.
3) Lord Umber suggests Snow being Lord Commander would be threatening to Bolton, but here's the catch. Umber definitely knows a man of the watch cannot leave his duties on the wall unless killed. So he's definitely up to something
4) Bolton and his allies march to the wall or at least make sure Jon knows they have his step-brother (They don't know the dude just got killed and resurrected)
5) Banners loyal to Stark's turn on Bolton and his men. Boom.

Greatjon was known for his fierce loyalty to the Starks, no way he'd let a bastard of a Bolton take control over the north. Plus, they know the guy is mentally insane & just killed his Pops.

TL,DR: Umbers are playing Ramsay.

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
... by giving them a real Stark, ok. :lol:
Why not, what's your argument here?

If he kills Rickon he'd have no cards to play against Snow & his army of wildlings. Ramsay is a psychopath, but the people with him will be advising him against it & he'd have to agree that it's better to get what he wants before burning that card. Plus, what easier way to get to someone than planting false sense of trust in them

But sure, its not at all plausible :rolleyes:

Check this out, real good parody:
http://imgur.com/a/D6a32

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
You're right.

Greatjon Umber is not dead, they only want bolton to believe that, that's why his son the new "Lord Umber" takes Rickon and Osha (whatver the fk her name is) to bolton, it's all a play:
1) Greatjon claimed dead
2) New Lord Umber takes Rickon and the lady to Bolton as a gift for their new formed 'alliance.' Throw in a wild wolf's head as proof that this sh*t is legit.
3) Lord Umber suggests Snow being Lord Commander would be threatening to Bolton, but here's the catch. Umber definitely knows a man of the watch cannot leave his duties on the wall unless killed. So he's definitely up to something
4) Bolton and his allies march to the wall or at least make sure Jon knows they have his step-brother (They don't know the dude just got killed and resurrected)

Greatjon was known for his fierce loyalty to the Starks, no way he'd let a bastard of a Bolton take control over the north. Plus, they know the guy is mentally insane & just killed his Pops.

:tup: great theory

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Why not, what's your argument here?

If he kills Rickon he'd have no cards to play against Snow & his army of wildlings. Ramsay is a psychopath, but the people with him will be advising him against it & he'd have to agree that it's better to get what he wants before burning that card. Plus, what easier way to get to someone than planting false sense of trust in them

But sure, its not at all plausible :rolleyes:

Check this out, real good parody:
http://imgur.com/a/D6a32
Too much risk that there won't be any future Starks (someone loves cutting things), even if Ramsey decides to keep him alive.

This: :lol:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
But is he still?

- - - Updated - - -

Am I the only one who finds the names Greatjon and Smalljon ridiculous?
Probably not, but they do sound quite Olde English.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I wonder if there's some Averagejon in the family.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I just googgled them and they are both named Jon Umber. Greatjon and Smalljon are just nicknames. That makes more sense.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
You're right.

1) Greatjon claimed dead

I am kinda with you on the main premise of this story. But also keep in mind that the Lannisters will be coming for the Bolton's asses. I do agree that the Umbers are playing the Boltons tho.

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
I wonder if there's some Averagejon in the family.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I just googgled them and they are both named Jon Umber. Greatjon and Smalljon are just nicknames. That makes more sense.
:howler:

Wouldn't Smalljon be reserved for Jon Snow?

- - - Updated - - -

I am kinda with you on the main premise of this story. But also keep in mind that the Lannisters will be coming for the Bolton's asses. I do agree that the Umbers are playing the Boltons tho.
Lannisters and the Freys. @Stevie :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)