Gabriel Paletta - CB - Parma (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Almost all our signings from outside Italy had been a success here (Vidal, Pogba, tevez and Llorente) yet we keep on looking for players from serie A who would cost us a fortune and would hardly make a difference in our team !!

I can never understand our Management obsession with Serie A players, I really can't .
the next one is menez :D

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Almost all our signings from outside Italy had been a success here (Vidal, Pogba, tevez and Llorente) yet we keep on looking for players from serie A who would cost us a fortune and would hardly make a difference in our team !!

I can never understand our Management obsession with Serie A players, I really can't .
:touched: To be fair, we did sign Pirlo, Licht, and Asamoah from within Serie A :D

Joe

Dec 20, 2009

What about Asamoah, Marchisio, Pirlo, Lichtsteiner, Chiellini, Bonucci and Buffon?

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
What about Asamoah, Marchisio, Pirlo, Lichtsteiner, Chiellini, Bonucci and Buffon?
Bonucci is a great example of overrated/overpriced players in Serie A. The guy "at best" is an average defender yet we've spent 15 mil on the guy. Milan got Brazil's best defender for half that price ( and plz I don't anyone to argue that he became great just after coming to Italy) because the guy was voted as the best player in the Brazilian league (ahead of attackers and midfielders there).

Asamoah half cost us around 8-9 mil (going by that price, he'll probably cost us 20 mil in total) though being solid but for that price you'd imagine he should add a lot more to the team than he is right now.

Marchisio is our product so we didn't buy him from another club in Italy. From that list I'd say only Pirlo (who was a huge surprise even to Milan fans) and Lichtsteiner that really made the difference in our team.

Point is, every top team in Italy right now are targeting players from other leagues (not surprising that most of those players did really great here). We seem to be the only top Italian club that is still looking for players in Serie A.

I don't mind our management signing young players (who prices are still low because they've yet to have the hype around them). But going for established players for ridicules fees is what I personally don't think is a smart move from the management .

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
to be fair we did get tevez, pogba vidal llorente from abroad but I agree we should look more.

- - - Updated - - -

btw notice that all have been very successful

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We should always go for quality, or potential quality. Of course we do base an amount of our mercato on Italy-based players, but I prefer to judge on individuals rather than a general gripe. This formula has worked exceptionally well for us, as it also has for Roma. Napoli not so much, if you get 50% of foreign signings doing well in year 1 you have done well.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
We should always go for quality, or potential quality. Of course we do base an amount of our mercato on Italy-based players, but I prefer to judge on individuals rather than a general gripe. This formula has worked exceptionally well for us, as it also has for Roma. Napoli not so much, if you get 50% of foreign signings doing well in year 1 you have done well.
My main point is, you get same quality of players or even better for half the price of serie A players from other leagues (bar PL and perhaps Porto).

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We've wasted plenty of big money on overseas signings. Andrade, Tiago, Poulsen, Diego, Krasic and Elia are the main ones.

There is no hard and fast rule, you buy players to suit your team. It's no surprise how our team has shaped up with our model, but maybe we could do with a few different elements. I don't suppose if we signed Benatia, Iturbe, Keita and Immobile there would be any real complaints. The complaints would only come if any of those players flopped, and how much money we wasted etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)