[Friendly] Roma vs. Juventus - August 11 (23 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
What a game. Been a long time, since I was able to watch a juve game on tv(was really worried rai uno would scramble it), and it was so worthwhile. One of the best friendlies i've ever watched, I reckon.

We looked very poor and timid early into the game and conceded some very soft-goals, with the defence nowhere in sight. I expected Roma to slaughter us, instead it was the other way around :).
Was kind of dissapointed to hear, Ranieri's tactical change was forced though.

Some quick player ratings:

Buffon 6,5
Not at fault for the goals and had a few good saves.

Birindelli 5
Was always a step too late.

Andrade 5.5
Didn't look to be very sharp. Also made some fouls, he would've gotten yellow cards for in official matches. I hope this does not forebode many suspensions. He looked quite solid later on in the match, but he needs to step it up a little.

Criscito 6.5
Took his time, like the entire team, to wake up. When he did, he was great though. Very aggresive in closing down attackers, great positiong and never caught out of position. Outshined the much more experienced Andrade.

Molinaro 6
He seems to come alive late in every match. He plays a very anonymous game, until he decides to finally show some quality in the closing stages of the match. He has shown to posses a lot of speed and good technique, he has to use it a little more. He does have the talent.

Salihamidzic 5.5
Wasn't as impressed as others were. He was useless as rightmidfielder. As a rightback, he was solid, but not much more than that. He offered some nice support to Nocerino on occasion, but nothing special.

Zanetti 7.5
My man of the match. He added some much needed steel and he completely turned the game around..Very lively performance, closing down gaps and sending some nice passes upfield. He allowed Almiron, Nedved and even Nocerino to showcase their skills. Smart player and more technical, than usually beleived.

Almiron 7
The axis of the 'new' juventus. He makes us tick. He has only played a handful of matches for us, he can only become even better for us. I already dread the day, he gets injured or has to serve a suspension. Well.. maybe Tiago will finally have a use then..

Nocerino 7
What a beast. So much energy, the first one to help in offence and the first one back to defend. Surprisingly inventive and unpredictable when attacking. This guy is going to be huge.

Nedved 6
Typical Nedved performance. All over the field and as intense and lively as always, but I thought he was playing his own game too much; had little eye for what was going on and took some efforts(shots at goal basically), not worth taking.

Iaquinta 5.5
Happy to see him score(not as happy as he was himself..), but has still a lot room to improve on.

Trezeguet 7
Vintage Trez performance.

Del Piero 7
Ditto

Zalayeta 6.5
I was impressed with his strength and tenacity. Took his goal convicingly as well, he often plays a good pre-season, but never gets a good run in the real games. This season won't be any different.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
What a game. Been a long time, since I was able to watch a juve game on tv(was really worried rai uno would scramble it), and it was so worthwhile. One of the best friendlies i've ever watched, I reckon.

We looked very poor and timid early into the game and conceded some very soft-goals, with the defence nowhere in sight. I expected Roma to slaughter us, instead it was the other way around :).
Was kind of dissapointed to hear, Ranieri's tactical change was forced though.

Some quick player ratings:

Buffon 6,5
Not at fault for the goals and had a few good saves.

Birindelli 5
Was always a step too late.

Andrade 5.5
Didn't look to be very sharp. Also made some fouls, he would've gotten yellow cards for in official matches. I hope this does not forebode many suspensions. He looked quite solid later on in the match, but he needs to step it up a little.

Criscito 6.5
Took his time, like the entire team, to wake up. When he did, he was great though. Very aggresive in closing down attackers, great positiong and never caught out of position. Outshined the much more experienced Andrade.

Molinaro 6
He seems to come alive late in every match. He plays a very anonymous game, until he decides to finally show some quality in the closing stages of the match. He has shown to posses a lot of speed and good technique, he has to use it a little more. He does have the talent.

Salihamidzic 5.5
Wasn't as impressed as others were. He was useless as rightmidfielder. As a rightback, he was solid, but not much more than that. He offered some nice support to Nocerino on occasion, but nothing special.

Zanetti 7.5
My man of the match. He added some much needed steel and he completely turned the game around..Very lively performance, closing down gaps and sending some nice passes upfield. He allowed Almiron, Nedved and even Nocerino to showcase their skills. Smart player and more technical, than usually beleived.

Almiron 7
The axis of the 'new' juventus. He makes us tick. He has only played a handful of matches for us, he can only become even better for us. I already dread the day, he gets injured or has to serve a suspension. Well.. maybe Tiago will finally have a use then..

Nocerino 7
What a beast. So much energy, the first one to help in offence and the first one back to defend. Surprisingly inventive and unpredictable when attacking. This guy is going to be huge.

Nedved 6
Typical Nedved performance. All over the field and as intense and lively as always, but I thought he was playing his own game too much; had little eye for what was going on and took some efforts(shots at goal basically), not worth taking.

Iaquinta 5.5
Happy to see him score(not as happy as he was himself..), but has still a lot room to improve on.

Trezeguet 7
Vintage Trez performance.

Del Piero 7
Ditto

Zalayeta 6.5
I was impressed with his strength and tenacity. Took his goal convicingly as well, he often plays a good pre-season, but never gets a good run in the real games. This season won't be any different.
I agree with most of this. I definately think Nocerino was M.O.M and should get an 8. Buffon a 7 and sali a 6.

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
Salihamidzic 5.5

Salihamidzic: Our joker during the match. He was effective in the two positions he played at. Nice playing on the RB position. He could make a great difference over there. 6.5

And finally, nice match for Ranieri. I hope he chooses the formation which played in the second half today more often in the future.
Ok I didnt watch the game , so how was Salih yesterday? I mean , do we finally have a RB or not ?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Salihamidzic is perhaps the most underrated player we have in this squad in my opinion. A lot of us may see him as cover for Camoranesi, but I think he's good enough to be in the starting 11, maybe at RB. He gives us good cover, pace and a lot more fluidity out of that flank. As does Zdenek Grygera I'd imagine. Only in his case, he needs a little more time to adapt to conditions within the squad. Zebina can come off the bench, but I now see his place in the team as one that just makes up the numbers more than anything else.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Salihamidzic is perhaps the most underrated player we have in this squad in my opinion. A lot of us may see him as cover for Camoranesi, but I think he's good enough to be in the starting 11, maybe at RB. He gives us good cover, pace and a lot more fluidity out of that flank. As does Zdenek Grygera I'd imagine. Only in his case, he needs a little more time to adapt to conditions within the squad. Zebina can come off the bench, but I now see his place in the team as one that just makes up the numbers more than anything else.
sali isnt good enough on the right to replace camo in the starting 11, if anyone is to replace camo on the right it would be nocerino and sali should be starting rb looks far more solid than zebina, as for grygera im not sure if hes any better at rb than sali

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I won't give Iaquinta a break until HE PASSES THE BALL. Because of his stupidity, we have wasted several chances, ever since the Geordies match to yesterday. He better start becoming less selfish or he won't be useful at all.
I agree...he needs to learn how to pass the damn ball

tiago was great for chelsea, and if he is given the time here he will definintely prove his worth, imo i think he can be our starting midfielder if he works hard enough.
Ranieri will have to come up with a formation that has both Almiron and Tiago in there at the same time, as well as a battler in the center (Nocerino or Zanetti)...otherwise, Almiron is the better choice between the two at this point in time

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Thanks for the ratings, Dom!
Zanetti played well, but I too would say Nocerino was MOM. I liked the way he was all over the place, getting involved with the play.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
I agree...he needs to learn how to pass the damn ball

Ranieri will have to come up with a formation that has both Almiron and Tiago in there at the same time, as well as a battler in the center (Nocerino or Zanetti)...otherwise, Almiron is the better choice between the two at this point in time
yes for now but i think if tiago is given a certain a amount of time to settle he will be better imo.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
thanks for all the reports guys, always appreciated.

i saw the goals and you just can see how much creative power we have, and thats great.
The goals we conceded especially the 2nd one was just unforgivable, i dont know who was marking mexes but he just walked passed him.

Great to see trezi getting his touch back, as those two goals were just pure class finishes giving the keeper no chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)