[FRIENDLY] JUVENTUS 3-3 K-League All Stars [July 26th, 2019] (10 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Theres no reasoning with petulant kids

- - - Updated - - -

My stance is clear, wait and see. Sarri was never my first choice but the clubs intentions are clear that they want this team.to establish an identity on the pitch. The way I see it sarri is probably more of a stepping stone move for someone better down the line. Regardless any manager who we were going to hire with an attacking philosophy is always going to require time to adjust, in the long run it will most probably reap more benefits than someone with conte's philosophy which is easy to adapt to but not as suited for the European competitions
Who stepped on your tail?

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
My stance is clear, wait and see. Sarri was never my first choice but the clubs intentions are clear that they want this team.to establish an identity on the pitch. The way I see it sarri is probably more of a stepping stone move for someone better down the line. Regardless any manager who we were going to hire with an attacking philosophy is always going to require time to adjust, in the long run it will most probably reap more benefits than someone with conte's philosophy which is easy to adapt to but not as suited for the European competitions
"pep confirmed"

- - - Updated - - -

"pep confirmed"
“Want to establish an identity on the pitch” :rofl:
Just go away.
Paratici is playing 4d chess

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #368
    Juve face Ronaldo legal action?
    By Football Italia staff

Juventus are reportedly facing legal action from the organisers of their K League All-Stars friendly after Cristiano Ronaldo did not make an appearance.
    According to Corriere dello Sport, TheFasta is seeking damages from Juve after they failed to give Ronaldo at least 45 minutes of playing time on Friday.
    The 34-year-old remained a substitute during the 3-3 draw and had to witness an opposition player mimic his usual goal celebration.
    It appears there was an agreement in place for the Bianconeri to field the No 7.
    However, the club would have replied to TheFasta that the player was unable to play due to concerns over his physical condition.
    “We sincerely apologize to fans for Ronaldo not playing in the match although he was later found to have a muscle problem,” said the K League in a statement.
    “We’ll pay more careful attention to not disappoint K League fans.”
    The Korea Herald adds the country’s top flight was demanding financial compensation from TheFasta, while it was not given prior notice that Ronaldo would not take part.
    The friendly was hampered by logistical problems as the Old Lady only arrived in Seoul seven hours before kick-off.
    Furthermore, heavy traffic in the city meant it did not get under way until 8:50pm local time – 50 minutes later than planned.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
    OK, so my wife is Korean and Koreans take things like this very personally. This is bad PR on our part. If it is true that their was a contract to play Ronaldo then this thing just blew up in our faces.

I mean why agree to play in Korea other than to raise your profile in that country only to p*ss them off. Sarri's response to the media also was not taken very well. Apparently responding to a reporter: "hey if you want to see Ronaldo, you can come to Italy and watch him - we'll pay for your flight". That didn't go down well.

From a preperation standpoint, you are better off staying in Europe during the pre-season. You only go overseas to raise your profile and its stupid if you do it in such a way that it actually makes you look a lot worse.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    i skipped the 2nd half of last week due to a local music festival and just realized that sarri didn't play ronaldo against the k-league all stars. i bet it was a contractual obligation, and those fans who bought those tickets didn't want to see muratore or matheus pereyra at all. these matches win the club those so called plastic fans who spend tons of money on :J:-gear.

these tours gave the foundation of the asian popularity of manure, real or barcelona. are we fucking idiots?

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
    Dec 23, 2012
    fair enough he had some muscle soreness, but even like 5 mins at the end would have made the world of difference, let him run around up front for a bit, make 1 or 2 passes, like those terminally ill kids that get subbed on for their favorite team

or just don't name him in the squad?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    OK, so my wife is Korean and Koreans take things like this very personally. This is bad PR on our part. If it is true that their was a contract to play Ronaldo then this thing just blew up in our faces.

I mean why agree to play in Korea other than to raise your profile in that country only to p*ss them off. Sarri's response to the media also was not taken very well. Apparently responding to a reporter: "hey if you want to see Ronaldo, you can come to Italy and watch him - we'll pay for your flight". That didn't go down well.

From a preperation standpoint, you are better off staying in Europe during the pre-season. You only go overseas to raise your profile and its stupid if you do it in such a way that it actually makes you look a lot worse.
    I think we threw PR out the window when we appointed a homophobic chain smoker and made a racist sympathiser stand in captain.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
    i skipped the 2nd half of last week due to a local music festival and just realized that sarri didn't play ronaldo against the k-league all stars. i bet it was a contractual obligation, and those fans who bought those tickets didn't want to see muratore or matheus pereyra at all. these matches win the club those so called plastic fans who spend tons of money on :J:-gear.

these tours gave the foundation of the asian popularity of manure, real or barcelona. are we fucking idiots?
    Exactly its there own dumbass fault for signing a contract that ronaldo would play 45 mins then People go buy tickets for that reason and they he doesnt even play 5 mins of course there going to be pissed its terrible management and PR.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    what a stupid contract to sign you cant guarantee a player will be fit and you shouldnt be risking your most valuable player in a preseason game if he needs a rest.

if we are going to commit ronaldo to anything like this it should be photo ops, interviews, meet and greets etc not commiting him to play possibly against the better judgement of fitness and coaching staff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)