[Friendly] Italia vs Ukraine [02-06-2006] (1 Viewer)

Tariq

Jun 17, 2003
Stephan said:
In 1982 before Italia went on to win the World Cup three major things happened:
1) there was a big scandal
2) Italy drew(1-1) the first friendly of the two of before the World Cup
3) Italy lost the second friendly of the two before the World Cup.

Yeah that's right and I also think that Paolo Rossi was removed from the list of players who were going to play for Italy in 82 due to the scandal, but then somehow he made it to the World Cup after the Italian Football Federation allowed it and he brought the cup back home.

Who's gonna be our Paolo Rossi this year?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Stephan said:
In 1982 before Italia went on to win the World Cup three major things happened:
1) there was a big scandal
2) Italy drew(1-1) the first friendly of the two of before the World Cup
3) Italy lost the second friendly of the two before the World Cup.
Shame such information is worthless.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Tariq said:
Yeah that's right and I also think that Paolo Rossi was removed from the list of players who were going to play for Italy in 82 due to the scandal, but then somehow he made it to the World Cup after the Italian Football Federation allowed it and he brought the cup back home.

Who's gonna be our Paolo Rossi this year?
The answer is already there. I just hope he does it.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Stephan said:
well comparing brazil and their pashion to the game with italy is just a joke to me. brazil is brazil end of story.

Its also the media what might be causing this what you describe about italy. you think its good to prepare if you are in the centre of media and because of negative reasons? thats not easy.
that statement is just a joke to me

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Dominic said:
Why? What does it tell you exactly?
People are moaning about two Friendly games that Italy played. People moaning and keep on saying that they can't see Italy going far in the WorldCup after these two friendlies, that information, explains everything. Italy already lost their last game before the worldcup82, and yet they clinched the Cup. Interesting no?

So, my point here is just give it a break and stop predicting how failure Lippi's men will be in the world cup and just watch.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
People are moaning about two Friendly games that Italy played. People moaning and keep on saying that they can't see Italy going far in the WorldCup after these two friendlies, that information, explains everything. Italy already lost their last game before the worldcup82, and yet they clinched the Cup. Interesting no?

So, my point here is just give it a break and stop predicting how failure Lippi's men will be in the world cup and just watch.
My point is that, how events panned out in '82 has no bearing on whatever will happen in 2006.

Jeeks said:
This is why I compared them to Inter.
I know :tup:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I was not talking about results of training or friendly matches, i am talking about attitude to these matches. Players like Cannavaro and Gatusso always seem to have the right attitude and its no wonder they are very consistent, now you compare that to the attitude of guys like Pirlo, Totti , Camoranesi and to a smaller extent Dp and its no wonder these guys are very inconsistent. As long as you are wearing your country's colours, you ought to automatically show passion and prove why you are wearing that shirt above a million other Italians and not act like its just some other game and you will be able to raise your game when it really matters. Form and confidence is not something you can just switch on and off like a tap.
I am still not sure why the goal keepers never got a look in at all, they ought to have played at least a half in both games as you never know when you might need them.
Its not just even that , its the scandal as well as surely it must have gotten to the players and thats my biggest worry

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
denco said:
I was not talking about results of training or friendly matches, i am talking about attitude to these matches. Players like Cannavaro and Gatusso always seem to have the right attitude and its no wonder they are very consistent, now you compare that to the attitude of guys like Pirlo, Totti , Camoranesi and to a smaller extent Dp and its no wonder these guys are very inconsistent. As long as you are wearing your country's colours, you ought to automatically show passion and prove why you are wearing that shirt above a million other Italians and not act like its just some other game and you will be able to raise your game when it really matters. Form and confidence is not something you can just switch on and off like a tap.
I am still not sure why the goal keepers never got a look in at all, they ought to have played at least a half in both games as you never know when you might need them.Its not just even that , its the scandal as well as surely it must have gotten to the players and thats my biggest worry
Indeed. I was hoping Peruzzi could atleast play for 20 or 30min.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)