[Friendly] Italia vs Ukraine [02-06-2006] (7 Viewers)

Tariq

Jun 17, 2003
Stephan said:
you talk about germany and holland game but then world cup was so far, now there isnt much time left and injurys can happen in every game, why risc to win this game, with loosing a player before the world cup
Yes Stephan you are right...but these 2 friendlies b4 the WC are also critical...I'm sure Lippi told the players to watch out from getting injured but that doesn't mean he didn't tell them to play well and score goals. but unfortunately they failed to impress and like I said before I just hope they start the WC with a more positive approach to the game.

by the way...Germany beat Colombia 3 - 0 in a friendly today...Ballack, Schweinsteiger and Borowski scored.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
giovanotti said:
or Juve by Capello...

I hope that these 2 performances are just worming up(not the real power of Italy) and trying the different options.
Juve by Capello won two trophies.

Look at the comparison:

At each transfer window, everyone says that Inter is the team to look out for.
The season starts slow and then they exit the tournament.
This has been the same since 1989.

In each qualification for the World Cup or Euro, Italy are the team to out for.
The friendlies start off with lots of problems.
They play to exit the tournament

As for you, go support your team. FFS, what is more passionate than seeing one's nation playing the best football tournament on earth.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
hmm im starting to become concerned with our performances of this week, why oh why does every italian manager insist on playing materazzi wen nesta is injured, i swear nesta fakes an injury to bunk a friendly, i dont rmemeber the last time i saw him in a italian friendly.

we are gona go into the wc playing ghana who will be very fast, i just hope Lippi knows what hes doing, and PLEASE!!! DONT PLAY TOTTI STRAIGHT AWAY! AND PLEASE NO ZACCARDO!! ODDO FOR RIGHT BACK!!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Tifoso Lou said:
Or Torino---great years in the il Duce years... a good year a few years back, then nothing.

Doubt I will watch WC, unless Italy gets in the final, TBH
And that's when you see you have football running through your vains :touched:.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Jeeks said:
Juve by Capello won two trophies.

Look at the comparison:

At each transfer window, everyone says that Inter is the team to look out for.
The season starts slow and then they exit the tournament.
This has been the same since 1989.

In each qualification for the World Cup or Euro, Italy are the team to out for.
The friendlies start off with lots of problems.
They play to exit the tournament

As for you, go support your team. FFS, what is more passionate than seeing one's nation playing the best football tournament on earth.
Interesting comparison,Jack.I hope that this time it wont be a case.:)

Yes,I'm doing that thing,I'm supporting my team-Italy,and I really hope we're able to reach the final and get the 4th star!

Forza Azzurri,I'm passionate supporter of Italian NT!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Jeeks said:
Is it me or are Italy becoming the exact same Inter of international tournaments?
It's a friendly Jack...I don't see why Azzurri or non Azzurri fans should take this and the prev match a serious thing. It was pretty clear that Lippi was trying to find some alternatives for the team incase he needed to go for Option B or C god knows.

England lost Belarus, does that mean that they sinking their ship down?, Like I said It's nothing more than just trying to find diff things before the WorldCup starts. I still think the Lippi's men are the fav after Brazil to win the Cup.

OP
Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #109
    get over with it. first i tell you i underestimated ukraine but as it seems they are a solid team (and even without shevcenko). no i am not trying to find excuses, italy didnt play well defenetly but if you look ukraine qualification campaign they where extremely solid and they where the first european national team to qualify for world cup. Thats defenetly something! consider that ukraine hasnt been doing much in previous qualification tournaments. I dont know much about their coach but as i seems to me, he has had a very important part in ukraine success. Although they have shevcenko i cant say they rely on him, they can work well without him as well as i have seen in some of they qualification games. I guess one of the reason why some feel badly or dissapointed is that if you look the names italy has so many popular names in their team while ukraine have probably 3-4 known names, but thats nothing in football. want example, well look real madrid then.

Anyway as i said before, they seem to have a very good coach.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Stephan said:
    i dont understand what to you want. its not the first XI whos playing there. stop the s..t bashing, no one wants to get injured now! so players wont take this game so seriously. for example sheva hasnt played a minute and has been on the bench entire game, ukraine coach doesnt want to loose him because of this game, after all, materazzi is playing :p
    You keep going on its only a friendly like its totally irrelevant. If thats the case why play any at all? Any player who takes it easy because of afraid of injury is usually the one who gets hurt, if you have ever played the game , you'd know that. I personally do fear for Italy, though i want them to succeed, i wont be surprised if they went out in the first round. No matter how much they deny it, they gotta be affected by
    all the allegations and questionings going on. Its not good reading Toni saying they are not match fit yet, as if the season didnt just end. Another thing I do not believe you should take any matches unseriously except its beginning of season or in the middle of Cl campaign. When you are playing for wc then every player should give his all as its great practice towards the big tournament. You should have seen the way Brazil took Lucerne seriously and hugging each other when they scored like they were playing Germany or something. Thats the attitude to take as it makes everyone happy including the media who can affect your campaign negatively if you keep messing up like Italy have done against Ukraine and Swittzerland. You cannot just turn it on when it suits you and Italy of all teams ought to know that. Case in point Juventus in Cl

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
    I don't know why you are all reacting this way..
    I think Italy played an ok match. They have improved alot over the swiss match.. The team was better connected with each other.
    Lippi's formations are going towards the right direction. I just hope Italy does not suffer setbacks interms of injuries or suspenssions during the WC..

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #112
    denco said:
    You keep going on its only a friendly like its totally irrelevant. If thats the case why play any at all? Any player who takes it easy because of afraid of injury is usually the one who gets hurt, if you have ever played the game , you'd know that. I personally do fear for Italy, though i want them to succeed, i wont be surprised if they went out in the first round. No matter how much they deny it, they gotta be affected by
    all the allegations and questionings going on. Its not good reading Toni saying they are not match fit yet, as if the season didnt just end. Another thing I do not believe you should take any matches unseriously except its beginning of season or in the middle of Cl campaign. When you are playing for wc then every player should give his all as its great practice towards the big tournament. You should have seen the way Brazil took Lucerne seriously and hugging each other when they scored like they were playing Germany or something. Thats the attitude to take as it makes everyone happy including the media who can affect your campaign negatively if you keep messing up like Italy have done against Ukraine and Swittzerland. You cannot just turn it on when it suits you and Italy of all teams ought to know that. Case in point Juventus in Cl
    well comparing brazil and their pashion to the game with italy is just a joke to me. brazil is brazil end of story.

Its also the media what might be causing this what you describe about italy. you think its good to prepare if you are in the centre of media and because of negative reasons? thats not easy.

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #113
    also add to that, think if italy would have won 4:0 or something? what could have happened then? players could have been too confident when the world cup starts. now they know they have to improve and they probably know where they have to improve.

you really think totti is gona play a superb game after what happened with him? oh, ou i know denco, you probably will say, why lippi even played him yesterday. but if he doesnt play now, he wont improve, his right now in the situation where he needs to play as much as possible but also be patient.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    denco said:
    TBH, I still think It was friendly more than a match. Lippi was trying different things and It was obvious in both games(Swiss and Ukrain). Lippi's men already have 3men injured If I'm not wrong. The Ukrain game was taken easy and well played, not to forget that Ukrain isn't Luxemburg or Jamaica or even a regular team in Swiss. They're well organized team that can create trouble with or without Sheva. As an Azzurri fan, I'm very satisfied with what Lippi had tried in these couple of matches. And there's nothing to worry about except ofcoarse Zambrotta and Nesta.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Stephan said:
    also add to that, think if italy would have won 4:0 or something? what could have happened then? players could have been too confident when the world cup starts. now they know they have to improve and they probably know where they have to improve.

you really think totti is gona play a superb game after what happened with him? oh, ou i know denco, you probably will say, why lippi even played him yesterday. but if he doesnt play now, he wont improve, his right now in the situation where he needs to play as much as possible but also be patient.
    What are you talking about , that iwill question Lippi using Totti, he needs games

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #116
    denco said:
    What are you talking about , that iwill question Lippi using Totti, he needs games
    then why do you expect italy to beat other teams with a large margin, if totti is playing and some other players are not fully fit :confused2:

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Stephan said:
    then why do you expect italy to beat other teams with a large margin, if totti is playing and some other players are not fully fit :confused2:
    Amazing sometimes the conversations i find myself haing on here sometimes. When did i say win witha large margin, all i said is, they ought to take friendlies seriously, win or lose does not matter , its attitude that counts. And whats confusing you about me saying other players aprt from Totti should be fit as the season has just finished, so they ought to be fit apart from injuries and every team has that

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #118
    denco said:
    so you think if the game is seriously taken it should always be won? you cant predict the outcome of the match, italy draw and thats it. yeah on paper they could have won but thats football, not always the biggest names win, YOU CANT WIN EVERY GAME!

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #120
    In 1982 before Italia went on to win the World Cup three major things happened:
    1) there was a big scandal
    2) Italy drew(1-1) the first friendly of the two of before the World Cup
    3) Italy lost the second friendly of the two before the World Cup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)