FRIENDLY: Holland - France (1 Viewer)

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #43
    Eurosport might show it Suzanne, them being obsessed with everything frog, I mean French, of course.

++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
    wait.....no stam...? sorry erik, 2-0 for les blues ;)
    Only 0-2? That's not good enough. I want us to be humiliated so we can go to Portugal being the underdogs, what we should already be!

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #44
    NEW FORWARD COMBINATION

As Ruud van Nistelrooy got injured, chances are becoming larger and larger that Dutch coach Advocaat will try out a new combination up front: Van der Vaart - Makaay.

Van der Vaart in discussion with Advocaat (left) and Van Hanegem (right)

Van Nistelrooy (who suffered a knee injury earlier) had to skip training on Monday. "His last medical test will be on Wednesday morning, that one will be conclusive", Advocaat said today. The same scenario stands for defender Wilfred Bouma, also mildly injured.

From Voetbal International

--------------------------------------

So, what do we think?

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #46
    ++ [ originally posted by Vilhelmas ] ++
    why dont they just put u21 play?
    Huh? What are you on about? Makaay is in his late twennies and Rafael has been a starter for some time now :undecide:

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

Huh? What are you on about? Makaay is in his late twennies and Rafael has been a starter for some time now :undecide:
    i know that. what i ment was that since every bigger name is pulling off this game, maybe they just should let youngsters play. supposed to be a joke, but it isnt really. god, first fabiana, now me. everyone is turning to gray!!!

what are current squads? is bosvelt in? :D

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #48
    ++ [ originally posted by Vilhelmas ] ++
    i know that. what i ment was that since every bigger name is pulling off this game, maybe they just should let youngsters play. supposed to be a joke, but it isnt really. god, first fabiana, now me. everyone is turning to gray!!!

:rofl:

what are current squads? is bosvelt in? :D
    Dunno. Line-ups aren't given yet.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #53
    I can't actually. Not with so many players cancelling. If I were the coach, though, it would probably look like this:

Van der Sar
    De Jong - Melchiot - Heitinga - Zenden
    Davids
    Van der Meyde - Sneijder - Cocu
    Van der Vaart
    Makaay

That's 4-1-3-1-1

Van Bommel left out, because he doesn't play well together with Davids, who gets a more free role between midfield and defense. Sneijder behind Van der Vaart, simply because it's a combination that makes me drool everytime Koeman uses it at Ajax. I'm telling you; I don't care what the result is or who else play as long as Sneijder and Van der Vaart play together! :drool:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    I'm telling you; I don't care what the result is or who else play as long as Sneijder and Van der Vaart play together! :drool:
    :LOL: That looks pretty good. The French are missing Vieira, Zidane and Pires, so the midfield is going to be a sea of Oranje.

Melchiot is seriously your best option in the centre though? :frown:

By the way, Ireland gets to warm you up on Saturday 5 June in Amsterdam!

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #55
    Well ... you could put De Jong (Ajax) there but I figured I'd put in at least ONE experienced defender :worried:

Edit: I know! First we were supposed to play the South Africans (which I liked cause, well, when do you get to play THEM, right?) now it's just going to be an awkward dejà-vu :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I can't actually. Not with so many players cancelling. If I were the coach, though, it would probably look like this:

Van der Sar
    De Jong - Melchiot - Heitinga - Zenden
    Davids
    Van der Meyde - Sneijder - Cocu
    Van der Vaart
    Makaay

That's 4-1-3-1-1

Van Bommel left out, because he doesn't play well together with Davids, who gets a more free role between midfield and defense. Sneijder behind Van der Vaart, simply because it's a combination that makes me drool everytime Koeman uses it at Ajax. I'm telling you; I don't care what the result is or who else play as long as Sneijder and Van der Vaart play together! :drool:
    Looks good to me :thumb: I'm hoping for a highscoring match with such firepower on display, even though stars of the calibre of Seedorf, RVN, Pires and Zidane have been ruled out for whatever reasons.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    A question though: wth is Desailly doing in the France squad!?!? To be fair to him I haven't seen alot of Chelsea games as of late, but the last time I saw Marcel was when he got sent off against Arsenal in the CL. Surely Mexes deserves a call up more than he does, no?

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #59
    Probably a call on experience though I'm having trouble figuring it out myself as well. Admittedly, he has played some solid matches this season for his club. Maybe Mexes is slightly injured or something? :undecide:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Yeah I'm helping you hoping man!
    Damn, I just remembered that I have a football match to play tomorrow so I'm going to end up missing the game anyways! :wallbang:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)