[Friendly] Al-Ittihad 2-2 JUVENTUS (Dec. 30th 2009) (4 Viewers)

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
actually we played better than i expected, lets see he posative things from this game:
1. Giovinco is still alive.
2. Tiaga actually made a crespo like move.

ok if someone could think of some posative thing please tell us

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
"Juve and Al Ittihad share the spoils
In the last match of 2009, Juventus and Saudi Arabian side, Al Ittihad shared the spoils in what was obviously a training match for the bianconeri. The Juve goals were scored by Giovinco and Poulsen."

Haha, a training match.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
actually we played better than i expected, lets see he posative things from this game:
1. Giovinco is still alive.
2. Tiaga actually made a crespo like move.

ok if someone could think of some posative thing please tell us
3. Molinaro went down.
4- Manninger had some fun.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Notes:

1- Chiementi looked more reassuring than Manninger
2- Molinaro made a very good cross
2- De Cegli was ok. I believe if he gets more playing time he will improve as a LM/Left wing.
3- Giovinco showed he can play on the right wing, though he is better on the left.
4- Del Piero had a good run around and made two assists.
5- Grosso and De Cegli on the left side combined well, and this could be a future partnership on the left side alternating in positions from LM to LB depending on who's attacking.
6- The game rise the possibility of the prospect of playing with the following formation in the midfield
Giovinco
De Cegi Melo Marchisio​

with giovinco drifting more to the right than left giving space to both De Cegli and Del Piero to work there.
7- Although Giovinco was supposed to be the one behind the strikers or a RM all our plays was going through Del Piero, and although he is still to get to his best we played some very simple football rather than the complicated crap we were trying to do..

All in all, if you expected any more from a friendly you were dreaming.
I think there are many positive notes to get out of this game.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I don't know about Juve, but the whole of Saudi Arabia got to play for Al-Ittihad. Their coach was making one sub a minute :D

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Del Piero: «The warm welcome by the Arab supporters was a pleasant surprise»

Juventus and Del Piero are loved in every corner of the world and the away match in Saudi Arabia was not necessary to underline this. In Jeddah, the bianconeri received a great welcome and the Prince Abdullah Alfaisal Stadium was packed as further confirmation of this. The captain witnessed the affection of the Arabic people from close, meeting with a group of VIP Al Ittihad supporters before the match.

At the end of the match, Del Piero commented the two days in Jeddah by stating: «This was not the right match to give any indications but it was helpful for our condition and to re-try the 4-4-2, a formation which we know well. We spent a great stay in a country which showed us its affection. I was pleasantly surprised by the welcome which made me understand that Juventus is loved even here. Now we must think of the return of the championship. A difficult match awaits us right away. We will be playing against Parma and we must immediately seek a victory».

4-4-2 according to alex.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
yes, its only a friendly, but playing against a team that I rarely hear about, in a league which I know little of, and against a bunch of guys I've never heard of, and we STILL cant win ???

Guus, please come soon :agree:

Bettega, please "dispose" of BLANK, and bring back Moggi :flag1:

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
Del Piero: «The warm welcome by the Arab supporters was a pleasant surprise»

Juventus and Del Piero are loved in every corner of the world and the away match in Saudi Arabia was not necessary to underline this. In Jeddah, the bianconeri received a great welcome and the Prince Abdullah Alfaisal Stadium was packed as further confirmation of this. The captain witnessed the affection of the Arabic people from close, meeting with a group of VIP Al Ittihad supporters before the match.

At the end of the match, Del Piero commented the two days in Jeddah by stating: «This was not the right match to give any indications but it was helpful for our condition and to re-try the 4-4-2, a formation which we know well. We spent a great stay in a country which showed us its affection. I was pleasantly surprised by the welcome which made me understand that Juventus is loved even here. Now we must think of the return of the championship. A difficult match awaits us right away. We will be playing against Parma and we must immediately seek a victory».

4-4-2 according to alex.
Alex, Juve is everywhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)