French rumours (3 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
According to L’Equipe newspaper, next summer nine French internationals coudl be among the most highly-sought after players in the transfer market. Milan and Inter are in pole position for Abidal, Juventus are still hoping to sign Ribery and have expressed interest in Anelka.

L’Equipe newspaper writes Lyon left back Eric Abidal has allegedly agreed with his club he will be allowed to leave at the end of the season. Lyon bought him from Lille three years ago, spending 8 million euros, and now the French champions want 20 million, although Abidal could be sold for around 12 million. Inter and Milan are in pole position, but Barcelona and Real Madrid are also interested.

Juventus instead have Nicolas Anelka in their sights. The ‘enfant terrible’ of French football seems to have found peace of mind at Bolton; however the Premiership side, who bought him from Fenerbahce for 12.5 million, might decide to sell him if the right offer comes. Domenech considers him one of the key players in the French national team, and Deschamps has always been a fan. That said, rumours linking him to Arsenal or to a Spanish club should not be dismissed.

Juventus, who in 2003 tried to sign Drogba from Marseille, are interested in the club’s current rising star, Franck Ribery. They are facing plenty of competition though, from the likes of Arsenal, Real Madrid and Manchester United, and the price is high too (15 million euros)

As for the midfield, the bianconeri have their sights on Claude Makelele, who has to decide whether to stay at Chelsea or try his luck elsewhere before retiring. At 34, the player, at odds with Mourinho, might decide to leave the Blues. He only costs around 6 million euros.

However, the real star signing could turn out to be Florent Malouda: the 26-year old Lyon winger could leave for around 15 million euros, and Juve will have to fight it out with Chelsea and Arsenal.

At Marseille, the days are numbered for Djibril Cisse', on loan from Liverpool, but disliked by fans and club alike. The striker still has two years left with Liverpool, but Benitez does not want him. The Reds could sell him for around 10 million euros. Cisse' would prefer playing in England, maybe at Bolton.

Liliam Thuram could also change club, as he is not playing regularly at Barcelona. William Gallas, should he want to leave Arsenal, could join Milan or Real Madrid.
http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=46&a=39621

Buy on AliExpress.com

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
No need for Anelka, and 6 Million for Makelele, bid high if you ask me, I wouldn't mind having him, but 6 Million.

Ribery and Malouda would be great, but indeed difficult and expensive.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Good God, not Anelka..he's been a talent in the rising for like 10 years and he's still changing clubs like they're socks. Let him stay in Bolton, he's doing fairly well and besides, he can't offer us anything that we don't already have, besides a pain in the butt that is.

fender06

Sep 16, 2006
i believe Secco is not Mr.Bean...Makelele for 6m? 0.6m is more reasonable.
but to buy Ribery and Malouda would be too good to be true!
they'll cost us at least 25m-30m

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Good God, not Anelka..he's been a talent in the rising for like 10 years and he's still changing clubs like they're socks. Let him stay in Bolton, he's doing fairly well and besides, he can't offer us anything that we don't already have, besides a pain in the butt that is.
:agree:

same goes to Cisse

OP
Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #8
    Cisse was amazing when playing for Auxree. Anyone who followed his career afterwards knows that he didn´t progress at all, infact he lost some of his abilities. A big role in his downfall belongs to 2 leg breakings.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    Cisse is still a good player,and he could do well for us.But id rather get Huntelaar over him.Makelele's price tag is too high,plus age isnt on his side either.The only player in the article other than Ribery that interests me a lot is Gallas.He is an extremley versatile and solid defender,who can play at virtually any position in the backline.We should definatley try to get him.

Nedved17

Jul 16, 2006
    Cisse is amazing???From when?
    Yes Cisse is amazing! :agree: Hes career has only been full of bad luck in last years. 2 bad injuries and a disaster move to Liverpool where he didn't impress because he didn't suit to Liverpools way to play the game. But that guy have a huge potential and ability and I'm sure at we could make him one of the most dangerous strickers in Serie A.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    I will be very surprised if we sign Malouda/Ribery/Makelele and I will be disappointed if we sign any of the other players.

Can't see Ribery choosing us over Arsenal or Real Madrid.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
    Aug 1, 2002
    if it wasnt for his injuries, Cisse would have been bigger than Drogba. He is the better player. He just some horrbile luck and he seems to have gotten back on track.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)