[FRA] Ligue 1 2012/2013 (17 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Lorient host Montpellier today, both teams are completely depleted, so this game might not be as attractive as it should be. Montpellier are still missing Belhanda and Mounier, now they're also missing their DM Saihi to suspension(he was sent off last time around). Lorient are going to miss Ecule Manga for 6 months unfortunately, he was injured in the last game against PSG, the injury was aggravated because he played until the end of the first half, and tried to play even more. His partner in defense Bourillon, who had a disastrous game against PSG mind you, and was directly responsible for both PSG goals, he's also missing after being sent off last week. I'd avoid this game to be honest.

Some good news on the transfer front for Lyon this week ahead of their home game against Troyes. Revelliere failed his medical at PSG and they still got Bisevac who will get his debut today. Will be interesting to see a Cris - Bisevac partnership in defense, definitely better than Kone, Lovren and co. Lyon won away to Rennes last week, that for me was a very good result. It looks like Garde has a stable starting XI that have gelled together, despite not having a very strong squad, as a unit they seem like they're clicking. Gourcuff is back too.

St Etienne - Toulouse might be an interesting game. Capoue is finally back to playing in his more favored DM role this season, after he was forced to play as a makeshift centerback for most of last year. They have Zebina now. St Etienne like i said earlier have been steadily improving ever since Galtier took over. They are a good attacking side, with Aubemeyang, Sako, and now they brought in Cohade from Valencienne(creative attacking midfield player that has been one of Valenciennes best players the past 2-3 years) and also Hamouma, who was one of Caen's revelations last season. Hamouma is a decent winger, pacey and with a bag of tricks. I think St Etienne have a good chance of upsetting the balance in the Ligue this year, they might even push for a CL spot.

I haven't seen Marseille yet this season, but they seem to be on decline. They have a home game against Sochaux tomorrow, who themselves are not in good shape, but Marseille have lost M'Bia, Alou Diarra, Azpi seems on his way to Chelsea and Andre Ayew is injured for tomorrow's game. Really sad for them, 2 seasons ago they had a mighty squad, now they don't seem to have nothing left. A few good attacking players in Remy(who is still injured and won't play either tomorrow), Ayew and Valbuena, but the former two are injured all the time.

PSG play away to Ajaccio, that should be an easy game for Zlatan and co.

Bordeaux and Rennes go head to head at Stade Gerland. Bordeux seem to be on the up ever since the second half of last season. They won their last game away to Evian 3-2(check Obraniak and Goufran's goals, both absolute beauties). They've really developed into an explosive side under Gillot. Obraniak and Mariano seem to be great signings. Goufran is finally showing why he was so highly rated in Caen, Plasil is an admirable player as always, Tremoulinas did very well in the second half of last season, and had a good game last week too. Even Henry Saivet is getting more chances with Gillot than he ever got under Blanc.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Looks like Lyon got their shit together. Where was Gourcuff played today? I see they're playing both Gomis and Lisandro, was he playing on the left?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)