FORZA Coppa ITalia (3 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by arifelly |Juve| ] ++
if we go to the penalties, i am 90% sure we will win, IF GIGI IS GOALIE...but let's hope we will go to the penalties.
I don't really think the keeper makes that much of a difference. It really matters how the kickers take their penalties. The keeper just takes a gamble on one of 4 directions to dive

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
Dida made a difference for Milan last year.. don't you think..?

yes, I agree.. the important thing is who take the penalties.. but, don't forget, the keepers can make a difference..

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

I don't really think the keeper makes that much of a difference. It really matters how the kickers take their penalties. The keeper just takes a gamble on one of 4 directions to dive

tHe keepers have a lot to do grahamm..what are u talking about.

We dont need to go so far...look at the penalty Ofchinikov stopped against Prso in the loko-monaco game.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
But the penalty taker has more options! He can put the ball where he wants in the goal. The keeper has just gotta guess which way the ball is going. If he goes the right way, chances are he would save. But he only has a 20% or so success rate!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I wasn't saying that the keeper does nothing, but i'd rather have a top penalty taker like Shearer than a good goalkeeper like Buffon, since the skill of the penalty taker is more important than the keeper's ability

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Del Piero is a good PK taker!
I've only seen him miss like 4 over the last couple of years with Italy and Juve and in all competitions

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
hmm, del piero is veryy good PK taker...i don't remember when he missed for the last time penalty (oh now i remember, it was when he was back from the injury that he suffered against roma)...

he is very calm at taking the penalties..

nedved is good too, but DP is better ;)

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

but u could say that Juventus shot penalties much worse than Milan
that...yes.
we used wrong players.
i will NEVER forget zalayeta.
i was mad whe i saw him shooting.
btw,in some other thread i read that dida was in front of the line in 2 of our shots.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
:blah: we've talked about it too many times. Keepers always do it and don't get penalized. Either way, I could have saved half of the shots we got in, they were very poorly placed.

Let's not get started with the "Why the hell did Zalayeta shoot" debate. Bravo to him for having the guts to take a penalty in the CL final even though he had so little match experience. I know I'd probably be too scared.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003

well yes,we must rely on the players who will (hopefully) score all the penalties

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
:blah: we've talked about it too many times. Keepers always do it and don't get penalized . Either way, I could have saved half of the shots we got in, they were very poorly placed.

Let's not get started with the "Why the hell did Zalayeta shoot" debate. Bravo to him for having the guts to take a penalty in the CL final even though he had so little match experience. I know I'd probably be too scared.
whe have we talked about that???

i don't remember one single time we've talked about that.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++

whe have we talked about that???

i don't remember one single time we've talked about that.

i was lookin through some old threads and i found one that was about the CL final. it included disscusions about the penalty takers

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
oh come on!!

this was like...1 year before and i was too upset and too sorry to remember everyhting.

and i have no idea how much i was posting there.
if i had the strengh to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)