Forum Bugs & Suggestions (26 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
When I am looking at threads in the new posts page why does it display a tiny version of my avatar in the bottom right corner of the avatar of the last poster?

Is that really necessary? I know what account I am logged into and I know what my avatar looks like. I feel like that would only be useful if you have multiple accounts which is against the rules anyway

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Marty

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,442
    When I am looking at threads in the new posts page why does it display a tiny version of my avatar in the bottom right corner of the avatar of the last poster?

Is that really necessary? I know what account I am logged into and I know what my avatar looks like. I feel like that would only be useful if you have multiple accounts which is against the rules anyway
    It just indicates that you have participated in the thread, if your avatar is not there you haven't posted in the thread.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010

First world problems. That’s such a specific complaint.

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,449
    - Reduced image size (increased compression) for the background images in the Xenith styles. Reduced about 50-60% in size without any real noticeable difference in quality.
    - Thread ban add-on enabled, similiar to what we had before.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    When we're in a LIVE thread and it auto-refresh a page, posts keep popping up, we don't get a notification that we're quoted? It seems we only get notification if we're out of that thread, which kinda sucks.

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,456
    When we're in a LIVE thread and it auto-refresh a page, posts keep popping up, we don't get a notification that we're quoted? It seems we only get notification if we're out of that thread, which kinda sucks.
    Hmm I think alerts should work, I'll do some testing later. Pretty sure I saw alerts when in the live thread.

Edit: Could be due to polling time, it polls content every 20 seconds. Will do some tests with a couple of test accounts later.

Last edited:

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
    Apr 5, 2006
    Thie new forum is acting all freaky. I go in a certain thread, wait for the page to coald completely, start scrolling down to read thr comments and the page just starts jumping like it is realoading or something and it takes me to some other comments and parts of the page or even a different page. I went on the last page of the GOATs thread, read the comments, posted a comment of my own and when i clickced "Post reply" it posted the comment and this weird thing happened where have the page was with comments feom the last page and half were from the first page from when the thread was opened.

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,459
    Thie new forum is acting all freaky. I go in a certain thread, wait for the page to coald completely, start scrolling down to read thr comments and the page just starts jumping like it is realoading or something and it takes me to some other comments and parts of the page or even a different page. I went on the last page of the GOATs thread, read the comments, posted a comment of my own and when i clickced "Post reply" it posted the comment and this weird thing happened where have the page was with comments feom the last page and half were from the first page from when the thread was opened.
    Yes it's supposed to do that. If you stay in a thread it polls the server for new replies without refreshing the page. I'll see if I can code some sort of option in the User CP where you can disable the option but it won't be today.

Edit: It might not be what you are describing though. You should not be redirected to another page, only that new replies will be updated automatically.

Last edited:

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
    Jan 5, 2006
    I really like xenith dark, but the difference between two grays when there are new posts on a certain forum is minimal.

Just a suggestion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)