For all you guys who play(ed) football! (1 Viewer)

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
I thread in my taste :D

I wasn't the most prolific scorer, to say the least, I used to play as fullback or winger but I remember this one time when I all of a sudden found myself in the scoring position. Someone made a shot and the goalie just punched it away, towards me. I chested the ball down, found myself having not enough time to get a good shot away. I somehow lobbed the ball over my own shoulder turned around and made a overhead-kick. When I landed I see the ball sailing away, ending up as a perfect lob over the goalkeeper and, off the crossbar, into the goal. The best thing of it was that a mom of one of the players in my team was making a team-video for the cup and she recorded the whole thing :D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Nekton ] ++
I wasn't the most prolific scorer, to say the least, I used to play as fullback or winger but I remember this one time when I all of a sudden found myself in the scoring position. Someone made a shot and the goalie just punched it away, towards me. I chested the ball down, found myself having not enough time to get a good shot away I somehow lobbed the ball over my own shoulder turned around and made a overhead-kick when I landed I see the ball sailing away, ending up as a perfect lob over the goalkeeper and, off the crossbar, in the goal. The best thing of it was that a mom of one of the players in my team was making a team-video for the cup and she recorded the whole thing :D
shit man really? :dazed:

overhead kick wow! Never done one of them myself, probably never will :D

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
I've had a couple of great personal moments...

In my first match for my new club I scored a wonderful goal. The match was tied at 4-4 with about 15 minutes to go. We won the ball in the midfield, our right sided and very fast winger took control, bursted down the pitch. He ran by about 3 opponents before he send me a perfect cross. I received it in the left side of the box... I controlled it on my chest, and then I volleyed it in to the corner. A great goal if you ask me :D.

Later that season our goalkeeper got injured right before a match, so our coach gave me the job to defend our goal. We were up by 3-2, when one of our defenders had his hands on the ball in the box. Of course the ref gave them a penalty. I remember wondering about which side to jump to... and suddenly my opponent ran up to take the penalty. I jumped to the right and saved the ball and the day.

Well thats my story. Right now there's a long winter break in Denmark, so I won't be out there until march. Hopefully I'll be playing some great matches, so I can brag about them here ;)

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #11
    Magnus - why the hell are you not at Juve? :D

Kalle - that volley sounds great! :lick:
    You stopped a penalty? :eek: I never managed to do that! :groan:

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ok well i can't answer best save ever cause I refuse to go in goal..I can do the other two though!

best tackle, well probably not but I remember it. A guy had sprinted past the guy that was meant to mark him, so i came across, sprinted to catch up, slid from behind at full stretch and hooked the ball clear :cool:

I remember it cause I looked down at my leg, it was covered in blood..I had just slid in a broken glass bottle..scarrred for life at the expense of a tackle :rolleyes::D

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    best goal, this rocks:

kinda route one stuff, but I liked it!
    Goalie launches a massive kick upfield, its landing just behind me, so i flicked the ball up, over my head, and past my marker. He is totally stuck, i run past him, ball bounces once, and a half volley from just outside the area, keeper doesn't move, its in the top corner before he can react :cool:

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Kalle - that volley sounds great! :lick:
    You stopped a penalty? :eek: I never managed to do that! :groan:
    Thanks!

That penalty save was pure luck! As I said I was wondering about which way to go, when he suddenly took the penalty. I had no idea where he was gonna put it... But i leaped to the right and caught the ball... very lucky! :D
    Of course thats not how I tell the story while I'm telling it to my friends :D

How about you Erik... any great moments in your "career"???

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    one of my worst and best moment joined together was..

the quater-finals, my lowly team against the tournament faves..my team managed a good 2-2 draw..during the extra time, our keeper got injured(horrible,broke his leg or sth like that)..and since we used all two of our subs, i became the replacement keeper..penalty shoot-out....both teams skored 2 outta 3 pens..my turn to be GK again..he kicked, i dived. i pushed the ball, but it hit the post as i looked on, but it bounced back and hit my..NOSE..yes..it was so fast that my nose actually bleeded..we won the shootout eventually (including me missing a penalty :wallbang: )...

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by Karlberg ] ++
    Thanks!

That penalty save was pure luck! As I said I was wondering about which way to go, when he suddenly took the penalty. I had no idea where he was gonna put it... But i leaped to the right and caught the ball... very lucky! :D
    Of course thats not how I tell the story while I'm telling it to my friends :D

How about you Erik... any great moments in your "career"???
    Not really ... I was topscorer several times but only because I was like Inzaghi - at the right place at the right time :D My technical skills were and are nill!

Then I had to stop because of a knee injury but that's another story...

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #20
    ++ [ originally posted by [DJ Juve] ] ++
    one of my worst and best moment joined together was..

the quater-finals, my lowly team against the tournament faves..my team managed a good 2-2 draw..during the extra time, our keeper got injured(horrible,broke his leg or sth like that)..and since we used all two of our subs, i became the replacement keeper..penalty shoot-out....both teams skored 2 outta 3 pens..my turn to be GK again..he kicked, i dived. i pushed the ball, but it hit the post as i looked on, but it bounced back and hit my..NOSE..yes..it was so fast that my nose actually bleeded..we won the shootout eventually (including me missing a penalty :wallbang: )...
    :LOL: :LOL: Sounds so like you ;)
    Hey, at least you won the shootout with you on goal! Not many professional keepers can say that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)