Footballplayer nicknames (1 Viewer)

Jul 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

Hide - short for Hidetoshi

The Philosopher - Henry said once in an interview that Thuram was very talkative in the pitch and dressing room as if he was the coach of the team. And that he also speaks about lots of different things, making him a 'Philosopher' ..
Thanks. :)

I'm surprised.....Thuram looks like the type that doesn't talk much when he's playing.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I think Cruz got injured for a long time last season, that's why he didn't play much often. But now that Elber seems to be joining Monaco, maybe he will play more matches, but will still warm the bench as Hitzfeld preferres to start with Makaay and Pizarro.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

The Philosopher - Henry said once in an interview that Thuram was very talkative in the pitch and dressing room as if he was the coach of the team. And that he also speaks about lots of different things, making him a 'Philosopher' ..
Thuram also looks like a Philosopher when he wears a suit and his glasses...

:D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Angelo Di Livio - Soldatino (Soldier).
Haha I love this one...Di Livio runs like a little toy soldier!

Alvaro Recoba - El Chino (The Chinese).
I totally agree with this! He looks Chinese, especially when he's smiling after he scores a goal.

I think A lot of the 'nicknames' being posted are just abbreviations eg neddy, sheva...

Roberto Baggio - The Divine Ponytail

Ronaldinho - Donkey

Miccoli - Piccoli

Carlos Valderamma - :confused: Be creative

Edson Arantes de Nascimento - Pele

Luis Nazario de Lima Ronaldo - Ronaldo

Roberto Carlos da Silva - an anagram for "Real's robotic salvador" !!

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
Roy Makaay-Goofy (As in the Mickey Mouse character)...
:LOL: I call my brother like that!!! Well, not exactly goofy, but the italian name of mickey's friend: pippo :LOL:

And considered that when goofy becomes a superhero his italian name is superpippo, he and inzaghi share the same nickname!

Moon

May 29, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Nedved11 ] ++
any nicknames for Roque Santa Cruz?
Chico is also a nickname of Roque Santa Cruz... Some people in Germany call him like that!

By the way, I saw him yesterday in the stadium!!!! ;) After the living of Elber and the illness of Pizarro, Santa Cruz (and Makaay) have enough place to play at the same time!!!! :) The match was not so good as the other Bayern Munich matches... :(

Greets Moon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)