Football Manager 2020 (12 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Got sacked for the first time ever in an FM game.

I was managing Italy and got sacked for losing to Spain on PKs in Euro semifinal. Dominated the game but that frontline of insigne, chiesa and berna just wasn't able to score.

Before the game against Spain my record was 15-0-0 with 40 goals scored and 3 conceded

I feel so wronged by this.
Same for me with Italy I had won EC-WC-EC and then lost in the next WC semis on penalties in a game I dominated, got sacked. Realism.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I bought FM05 almost 2 years ago, was so excited to play it after all those years. Came home and found out that its impossible to play it on modern computers.
Since Win 10 there is a compatibility issue. I think you can run as administrator but if that does not work look into running in compatibility mode back to Win 7 or, ideally, XP.

The other issue you might find is that it has to detect a disc trying to load. Many machines now don't have disc drives so the only way around that would be to buy an external disc drive or download the game as a crack somewhere to bypass the disc issue.

Jun 16, 2020
Since Win 10 there is a compatibility issue. I think you can run as administrator but if that does not work look into running in compatibility mode back to Win 7 or, ideally, XP.

The other issue you might find is that it has to detect a disc trying to load. Many machines now don't have disc drives so the only way around that would be to buy an external disc drive or download the game as a crack somewhere to bypass the disc issue.
Yes, that was the hardest part. I came home after buying a external disc drive, haha. Bought it to play FM05. I didn’t fix the compatibility issue, I ended up accepting the situation and returning the external disc drive.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011

A friend got his wedding pictures on a DVD. He still hasn't seen them. :D

Sent from my SM-G960F via Tapatalk

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
cr-manager.png

cr-manager-2.png

His last three managerial jobs lol.

Quite good attributes but he's been very unsuccessful so far. Still keeps getting top jobs, however...

Europa Conference League (Real Sociedad)
Europa League (Man Utd)
League Cup (Man Utd)
Supercopa de España (Real Madrid)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
cordoba 34 35.png

:lion: Couldn't score enough goals. Not sure how Barcelona didn't win it but they sunk like a stone in the last 10 games. I did win the Copa del Rey, so some consolation. Dat defence though - 18 conceded in 38 games.

Not sure if anyone is interested in my system but it's basically:

AF - DLF/AF

AM/SS

MZ - DLP - MZ

FBS - CDD - CDC - FBS

GK​

About 1/4 of games I use a 4-3-3 with wingers. Always use Positive custom tiki-taka at home, only ever Balanced as the most defensive tactic in tough away games, so that defensive record is surprising, even if I do have a strong goalkeeper and central defenders for the level of the team. None of my fullbacks are especially good defenders. The team keeps a lot of possession, which surely helps with team defending.

Anyway, this guy should help with the goals problem:

luthi.png

Arguably the best young player I've had on my game so far. I noticed him when he was 17 but bizarrely he went to Young Boys for €10m rather than the usual City, Liverpool, Barfa etc, and then this summer I sold some players so I could sign him for €25m. I can probably buy a whole team for what he will eventually be sold for.
And a few years later aged 23:

luthi-2039.png

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
osawat.png

This shit happens way too often on FM20 for me. The opposition scoring goals from very few chances. The odd game, ok, but it seems to come in spells where it happens in multiple games. I have two top keepers as well. Did anyone else have this? @Osman @Tak! And does it still happen in FM21?

About to ragequit on this particular game until that epic finish.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
osawat.png

This shit happens way too often on FM20 for me. The opposition scoring goals from very few chances. The odd game, ok, but it seems to come in spells where it happens in multiple games. I have two top keepers as well. Did anyone else have this? @Osman @Tak! And does it still happen in FM21?

About to ragequit on this particular game until that epic finish.
Only played 1,5 season with Watford so currently I am the one scoring pretty much as many goals as expected being the underdog. I still haven't figured out a decent approach either, I mix tactics too much. As soon as I find rhythm, something happens and I start tweaking again.
In short: No, I don't feel like that.
In the championship I felt there were less of this happening in FM21. It happens but not that often, counters and set pieces and the likes were the usual ways for antagonist to score. But that seems fitting with reality and how the matches were. I attacked and had possession so the only way for them to score was by counters or set pieces, and they seldom scored that many goals. From my experience, I really like the changes in the ME. Also, now in hindsight. Maybe I am too risk aversive. I don't score so much but we keep it very clean at the back. While I am on it, if you look below - should I be more proactive? I have a very average EPL squad. We are currently in a real rot. Before christmas we were competing for CL spots but since then we have dropped and dropped and dropped. Player performances a really poor and who I thought would be my shining star, Joao Pedro, has been abysmal. In the championship the tactic was basically the same. Almada as AMC was on AP-Attack. Mentality was on attack with reduced width and lower tempo than standard.

Skärmavbild 2020-12-02 kl. 20.03.02.png

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
I'm two seasons in with Blyth Spartans. We were predicted to struggle at start, but overachieved, finished fifth and got to Playoffs. However, York, with league's leading goalscorer, smashed me in the first round. In my second season, I finished second with 91pts. Madness. Guiseley (95pts) had a striker with 48 league goals to his name. Fucking hell. Got to Playoffs final, but lost to Hereford on pens. Heartbreaking. Third time's a charm? Hoping for decent summer freebies...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Sounds like Coman a year or so ago
I wouldn't mind but I paid €117m plus a €65m player for him, and he's out on loan because he didn't do shit for me. I'm worse than Ed Woodward.

Have to say, Real Madrid's scouting in my save in 2042 must be to find Brazilian players with cool-sounding names. They have all of these in their first team squad; Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo Henrique, Pitbull, Maykon Washington, Leonardo, Helmute Crespão, Luiz Ricardo and Eduardo Antônio.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I can sympathize though. It's like, ah man I cut my finger while chopping onions, well now I will never prepare food again and sleep on pizza cartons for the rest of the week. Or, oh man it's a bit chilly outside, well, better not go for that run outdoors then and watch TV instead. Or of course in his case... WHAT?! I CAN GET HURT?! well now I'll never touch a football again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)