Football Manager 2020 (4 Viewers)

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #644
    why is it that every decent regen in this game is a 5'8 midget. Annoying as fuck for set piece defending

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    why is it that every decent regen in this game is a 5'8 midget. Annoying as fuck for set piece defending
    I don't like smelly feet, what's that in cm? I will build a little barca with all my midgets

Sent from my SM-G960F via Tapatalk

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #650
    Are you guys having similar issues with every player demanding massive wages? I am spending 7.5 mil per week on wages. Its not an issue because I've won five CL titles and my budgets are insane from sponsorship deals but it still annoys me when signing some 20 y/o who wants 150k per week.

wagexpenditure.PNG

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    Are you guys having similar issues with every player demanding massive wages? I am spending 7.5 mil per week on wages. Its not an issue because I've won five CL titles and my budgets are insane from sponsorship deals but it still annoys me when signing some 20 y/o who wants 150k per week.

wagexpenditure.PNG
    Cool squad! Keaaaaaaan

Sent from my SM-G960F via Tapatalk

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Are you guys having similar issues with every player demanding massive wages? I am spending 7.5 mil per week on wages.
    Yeah the wages get ridiculous after a while. I'm on about €9.6m p/w now but did have over €10m at one point. But as you say, after a while the money is easy to claw back. I just sell some loanees in regular plusvalenza style.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
    Scotland has a competition named after Tunnock's caramel wafers...amazing. Love them.

So next step CL QF?
    That's what the board wants. And domestic treble, of course.

Had an insane mercato. Sold DC for 50m and AML for 100, got a striker for 85 and a MC for 61.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    Man, Bernardo Silva is amazing. He almost ripped me apart in my new Juve savegame in CL quarterfinals vs City so I decided to buy him. He scores and assists for fun. Not fast as other wingers but intelligent, technical and mentally strong. Not as good as Dybala still, DybyGod has won his 1st Ballon d'Or. This time I decided not to play with Mbappe and O. Dembele. It is too easy.

- - - Updated - - -

@JuveJay How come you beat Man City so easily? In my savegame, Man City is amazing. Very hard to beat. They have Kane, Higuain, Aguero, Jesus, Mbappe, Lautaro, Sterling, De Bruyne and others, lol

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    @JuveJay How come you beat Man City so easily? In my savegame, Man City is amazing. Very hard to beat. They have Kane, Higuain, Aguero, Jesus, Mbappe, Lautaro, Sterling, De Bruyne and others, lol
    Have to bear in mind that I was 9 seasons in at that point and their squad has changed a lot. It's still world class but apart from the first 4-5 seasons where Liverpool dominated and were the other strongest team in Europe, the PL is changing hands between the top 5 teams on my save. Spurs are currently top, even Man Utd and Arsenal won it.

After that defeat Pep went to Liverpool and City got Pochettino, so things change but not that much. On that particular game I think it's just a combination of a strong team and one of those perfect games where most shots go in. I just played a home game with Torino and had 27 shots on target and scored once, whereas that first game with Reggina I had 32 and scored 12 times. The game tries to recreate football randomness but not always very well.

For random's sake, coaches of some top clubs right now:
    City - Poch
    Liverpool - Pep
    United - Zidane
    Spurs - Ancelotti
    Arsenal - Gallardo
    Real Madrid - Laudrup, with Van Basten as assistant
    Barfa - Koeman
    Bayern - Emery
    Inter - Bruno Lage
    Milan - the mighty Graham Potter, current Brighton manager
    PSG - Allegri

Atalanta are the regular challengers in the league, they have Luis Castro as coach. The random new moneybags team in Europe with a takeover is West Bromwich Albion...they are absolute shit but sign players for silly money.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    Since the latest patch the game creators made Man City a monster of a club, lol [at least in my savegame]. They always give me a headache. Worth mentioning though I am now in my 3rd season yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Have to bear in mind that I was 9 seasons in at that point and their squad has changed a lot. It's still world class but apart from the first 4-5 seasons where Liverpool dominated and were the other strongest team in Europe, the PL is changing hands between the top 5 teams on my save. Spurs are currently top, even Man Utd and Arsenal won it.

After that defeat Pep went to Liverpool and City got Pochettino, so things change but not that much. On that particular game I think it's just a combination of a strong team and one of those perfect games where most shots go in. I just played a home game with Torino and had 27 shots on target and scored once, whereas that first game with Reggina I had 32 and scored 12 times. The game tries to recreate football randomness but not always very well.

For random's sake, coaches of some top clubs right now:
    City - Poch
    Liverpool - Pep
    United - Zidane
    Spurs - Ancelotti
    Arsenal - Gallardo
    Real Madrid - Laudrup, with Van Basten as assistant
    Barfa - Koeman
    Bayern - Emery
    Inter - Bruno Lage
    Milan - the mighty Graham Potter, current Brighton manager
    PSG - Allegri

Atalanta are the regular challengers in the league, they have Luis Castro as coach. The random new moneybags team in Europe with a takeover is West Bromwich Albion...they are absolute shit but sign players for silly money.
    Interesting. In my 1st savegame with fake club name [Zebre] and kits I had no real competition. Things have changed. I might take over at PSG, they have Neymar and Mbappe.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

SON!

hahaha, get the fuck in, love it

finally!!

he's shit, but I don't care

91968cfc0e514b28e38fe510c1523b22.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007

What a season. Moved to a new stadium, got a son and won the Champions League. Miloš came in 80'.

a93216e164afcae1ee3ae6df67f1c6cf.png

9c45a44edf2fd6ca7524fc8f8e8529e0.png

Man of the match was Kyle Davidson, academy player. What a beast. Then and now:

8bad9f489e7c0bff6a68372dc402bee7.png

822beffb0412fb7a7d9f6813f5902e20.png

Unbeaten season in the Premiership.

d332c69de14f3d311f27c52e1bf2da2c.png

bfb04ecada5cbcf88bdec9ea63246abe.png

10-15 players are wanted by top clubs.

Some of the big guns:

c44cde48a34f5e34b3af8fc20dbc0c9f.png
    bfde203c0ca120be3af8fb72a037f669.png
    3dba8d670e6318972261f4debda109a4.png
    621837a62d3b558c9481f2dc912dc21a.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)