Football Manager 2016 (3 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Only thing missing was the Benny Hill music!

I sold Mandzukic for 40m, god bless dumbass EPL and Liverpool. They gotten me nearly a combined 100m for Sturaro, Zaza and Mandzukic.

Btw this is unreal, why does Buffon retire after one season? Ridicolous...

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #242
    Ive been playing same file since beta was released...do i have to create new file to play full game or was it automatically updated?

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Its automatically updated, I restarted mainly because I added ad-ons and fixes to the game that needed a re-start, real names and fixes etc.

Bought James for 60m (30 now 30 in 48 months). I super regret I declined selling Lemina for 70m :lol: To PSG, now they arent offering anymore, forgot I had agreed a deal with Witsel and now my midfield way too crowded for 4-5 spots.

DM: Marchisio, Bazoer, Kessie, Mandragora

RCM: Verratti, Khedira, Bentancur

AMC James, Bernardo Silva, Asensio

LCM: Pjanic, Lemina, Witsel

Thats 13 players :lol:

But I will loan out Bentancur (again) and Kessie maybe, Mandragora probably too for another season. But 5 of them are under 21 so I dont need to register them for squad, so it been a luxury to allways have rotation options in emergencies, last season I used 32 players.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #244
    Only thing missing was the Benny Hill music!

I sold Mandzukic for 40m, god bless dumbass EPL and Liverpool. They gotten me nearly a combined 100m for Sturaro, Zaza and Mandzukic.

Btw this is unreal, why does Buffon retire after one season? Ridicolous...

buffon and barzagli retired my first season only letting me know a month beforehand. I was counting on them staying, had already committed 70mil towards signing Verratti, totally fucked over my additional transfer plans

Im kinda fucked right now... Higuian, Dybala and Verratti all want to leave now to play in a better division and my entire squad is supporting Dybala in his desire to leave :(

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Thankfully Barzagli stayed. But Buffon tells me kn May he is retiring wtf.

Also signing Benatia was hard, not from bayern due to the clause, but player himself was super greedy. Was forced to give him 300k per week and 8m signing fee wtf.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #246
    Thankfully Barzagli stayed. But Buffon tells me kn May he is retiring wtf.

Also signing Benatia was hard, not from bayern due to the clause, but player himself was super greedy. Was forced to give him 300k per week and 8m signing fee wtf.

yea he wanted similar figures from me so i just let him go

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #248
    i went hard for Donnarumma and Romagnoli as replacements yet, because of also signing Verratti, only had the cash to buy one of them so i choose Donnarumma since he was still young enough to become a club home grown. I had no money so I ended up taking Phillip Wolschied on loan so i could try again later for Romagnoli. Don't think he played one game outside of friendlies and Coppa

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I got Donnarumma after hugely fucking my economy and some sales, but Romagnoli was impossible to bid on before I signed Benatia.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #254
    Who did you have to sell to make that happen?
    Stu, Asamoah and Khedira but i didnt make much from them. I haven't sold anyone worth keeping yet.

i got Thiago for free at the end of his contract, Romagnoli for only 35 (after months of breaking down his relationship with Milan thru bids and press statements) and Kante i spread the payments out over 36 months. I'm currently paying out over 7mil per month in installment payments for Verratti, Saul, Kante and Romagnoli :D and somehow still projected to pass FFP

One more thing, I requested my board put more money towards youth recruitment in my first season and its worked out for me way better than in previous FMs. They've found a ton of quality youth talents through the annual trial match

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Ah ok, Khedira hasn't been great for me but don't want to ditch him too soon.

Got around 55m for both Asamoah and Sturaro. More shocking to sold Mandzukic for nearly 40m.

How the hell did you get all those? My second season before sales they gave me 17m FFS lol. I adjust wage budget on big purchase like James (60m), but besides that I'm tapped for more of them.

Kinda dissapointed that Bernardo Silva isn't the dominating monster he was in last game so far. Been good but was pretty much top few best in last.

Which season are you in? Thiago isn't free after first season for me.

I improved youth recruitment too but only got one decent talent come through. Maybe asked it too late so next batch will be better.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    @Osman you said you regretted not selling Lemina, how come? 70m is obviously a lot of money(!) but he looks so promising? I started my Juve save yesterday and haven't even past day one yet. Does he not develop at all? Is he inconsistent? Looks like an extremely versatile MC?

Since I haven't passed day one yet and I am too lazy to load and compare with my Pool save. I think I might sign Assane Dioussé but will he develop any bit? Looks promising and is on a youth contract. Tried to sign the Anderlecht young keeper but he declined the contract (he was greedy).

What players did you get rid of in the first season and who did you guys sign?

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    No he is very good Tak, Bayern, PSG and Real wanted him from me and he wanted to leave for Real. But no one offered as much as PSG and even if I don't want to sell him I should have when I for fun made them accept a 70m bid. I could done alot with that money really. As I said in previous post my midfield is stacked even if has more long term possibilities since Khedira, Witseland Marchisio are getting oldish. But besides them players who can fill in for Lemina even if they haven't developed to his level yet is Bazoer, Kessie, Mandragora, Betancur etc.

I forgot I got Verratti and James too so my midfield too many need to make cuts (besides loaning out the youngins.

First season I got rid of Sturaro, Asamoah and Hernanes, signed Bazoer, Betancur, Toni Lato (barely played last two Btw) and Asensio. Also Kessie in January. Asensio been amazing for me.

2nd season starting now for me and got rid of Mandzukic(Buffon retired), got Berardi, Verratti, Witsel, Dolberg, Clichy etc.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #259
    I had too many CMs so I converted Lemina into a DR with duty of Wing Back and its going surprisingly well. He's very well balanced.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    Thanks @Osman then I'll try to keep him. Bidding right now for Asensio but I don't have high hopes. Don't think my budget will be enough since I won't be offloading Asamoah (converting him to backup LB). Did you play Pjanic, Marchisio and Asensio simultaneously? What roles did you then play them with? They're all playmakers and I never have more than two playmaker roles at once.

Can highly recommend Dele Alli btw, scores every game. Expensive but worth every penny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)