Football Manager 2016 (3 Viewers)

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #281
    just starting my sixth season and I've been playing 4-3-1-2 the entire time

With it I've won the CL twice as well as every Serie A, Coppa Italia, Super Coppa, Euro Cup, Club world cup i've played in.

Team instructions are: Higher Tempo, run at defense, play out of defense, exploit the middle, play wider and retain possession

Depending on the opposition formation I sometimes drop exploit the middle and adjust team width

When playing Challenging away matches I change my mentality from attacking to standard, set my wide defenders to defend duty and, when the opposition plays 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 drop play out of defense as they close down my defenders to quickly

as for players I choose shoot less often for everyone but the FWs, fewer risky passes for Kante Barbosa and all the defenders (except Bonucci), more direct passing for Bonucci, verratti, Saul and Dybala and stay wider for the fullbacks. Saul plays as an attacking B2B with more direct passing, dribble more and get forward further.

One more important note is that my GK distributes ball to the wide defenders so its key to have technically capable players in those positions (and the CBs too) or it really fucks up the building from the back

I could never get high line, offside trap or high closing down to work so i scrapped those

Biggest problem i've had with this team is that its vulnerable to quick counter attacks particularly ones based out wide which results in my midfield giving up more fouls than id like as they get back to stop opposing players.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Attachments

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
    We should open a new thread :p

Haven't played a lot of FM, but I might give it a go soon.

Enjoyed managing in Iceland on FM16, so I'll probably start there. Or Juve for a season or two.

Spent too much time fixing the crap with Serbian lastnames. I know noone really cares, but it bothers me when I see Zivkovic instead of Živković.

SI is not interested in translating the game to Serbian langauge because they're not selling enough copies here. So I have to edit at least that part in notepad.

And I hope you guys are using Real names file, because there is no German National Team in default game (licencing issues), then some issues with Brazilian clubs, etc.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    Started a new game with Southampton. Finished first season 8th in the league, won the UEFA Cup = direct Champions League qualification.

2nd Season changed almost my entire team.

Current players:

Goalie: Donnarumma, Alex McCarthy
    Wingbacks: Joao Cancelo, Ruben Duarte, Matthew Target, Yann Valery
    Defenders: Rugani, Goldaniga, Jesus Vallejo (Loan), Rudiger
    Central Midfielders: Youri Tielemans, Thiago Maia, Hogbjerg, Capezzi, Mandragora (loan)
    Attacking Mids: Odegaard, Ante Coric, Marko Pjaca, Nathan Redmond
    Attackers: Berardi, Kelechi Iheanacho, Johannes Eggstein (loan)

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Started a new game with Southampton. Finished first season 8th in the league, won the UEFA Cup = direct Champions League qualification.

2nd Season changed almost my entire team.

Current players:

Goalie: Donnarumma, Alex McCarthy
    Wingbacks: Joao Cancelo, Ruben Duarte, Matthew Target, Yann Valery
    Defenders: Rugani, Goldaniga, Jesus Vallejo (Loan), Rudiger
    Central Midfielders: Youri Tielemans, Thiago Maia, Hogbjerg, Capezzi, Mandragora (loan)
    Attacking Mids: Odegaard, Ante Coric, Marko Pjaca, Nathan Redmond
    Attackers: Berardi, Kelechi Iheanacho, Johannes Eggstein (loan)
    Wtf kind of budget do you get with Southampton to sign so many top wonder kids in 2nd season?

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    Wtf kind of budget do you get with Southampton to sign so many top wonder kids in 2nd season?

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
    First season they had transfer budget of 30m pounds. Managed to get Donnammura and Maia. Rest I got from 2nd season. After winning the UEFA Cup which resulted being in CL, along with some sales, I had 80+m pounds for second season. Like I said, I sold my entire team too, except for 3 players.

second season - I spent 260m and sold 155m

They are fun to manage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)