Football Manager 2011 (24 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
DP is underrated!
say no more or I'll tell the people in the DP thread about you
I think some of them may know about me already :p

About the game, I have no problems that he is created better, It's more fun this way :)

Btw is this just a demo or a full version already? And how is the ME, no major patches needed?

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
Demo.. full version on Nov 5th, I think that was mentioned about 19 times in this thread so far!
um whats's the ME?

btw, I found out you can't take printscreens in this version from the keyboard, but only by ctrl+F9, then find them in the game folders

I love the live negotiations, makes everything easier, and you can have private talks with the players :tup:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I downloaded the demo and played around with it for a bit. I wanted to get Dzeko but Wolfsburg wanted some ridiculous amount for him (44m+10% on next sale or something) and then right as I was about resubmit a bid I saw this new feature where you can get the board to negotiate for you if it involves an important signing. The board managed to sign him for 27m euros and negotiated a contract with him as well.

Nice feature :tup:

Btw, Coentrao is dirt cheap in this game.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Demo.. full version on Nov 5th, I think that was mentioned about 19 times in this thread so far!
um whats's the ME?

btw, I found out you can't take printscreens in this version from the keyboard, but only by ctrl+F9, then find them in the game folders

I love the live negotiations, makes everything easier, and you can have private talks with the players :tup:
M.E. - Match Engine

I'm in credits again :beer:

A friend, SI's Beta tester just told me that Schelotto is a badass, but I'm not sure does he playing pre or post Demo version.

I just hope there won't be any corner bugs this time...

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Thanks Capitano and Aush, I'll think I'll wait a bit more for the patches (I hate starting a game and applying a patch afterwards), especially since I have exams this week :D

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Hm, it's weird, usually it's out day or two before the official release, this might be packed demo. Last year someone uploaded demo and few mp3 albums, lol.
Anyway, there'll be 3 patches, one on 5th november to fix Liverpool owners and some minor stuff, second patch in december to fix any known issues and another in february or march for january transfers.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Ok, I gave the demo a try. It's been two years since I played FM, so some changes I notice may come from the 2010 one.

Live negociations are really good; at least you get a better sense of the process, it's quite nice.

This being said, what's up with signing fess and agent fees? In the past, I avoided signing fees whenever I could (only used them when competing for a signing, and still kept them low). Now, my bid for Coentrao was accepted (2,7 million, wtf?) and then his agent demanded 4+million for Fabio and 1,5 million for himself... !? during live negociation, I offered them reduced fees (600k for Fabio, 400k for the agent), but keeping a substantial salary (230k/month). Next thing I know, Coentrao signs for OM ... for half the salary!!

Shoud I focus on bribing the agent and underpaying the player??

Really? How do you do that?

I downloaded the demo and played around with it for a bit. I wanted to get Dzeko but Wolfsburg wanted some ridiculous amount for him (44m+10% on next sale or something) and then right as I was about resubmit a bid I saw this new feature where you can get the board to negotiate for you if it involves an important signing. The board managed to sign him for 27m euros and negotiated a contract with him as well.

Nice feature :tup:
Same happened with me. I had to work Andrea Agnelli a bit (your lack of ambition ...), but he then proceeded to get me Dzeko in less than 48hours. It's nice of course, but I expected a bit more drama (press reports, long negociations, etc).

Nice feature, but I'd like to see the long term effect of this. Is the board likely to make such deals every year? Is it only for world class prospects? what's the overall effect on the budget? What if I sell the player on next season, would the board be mad, ... ?

Geof

May 14, 2004
I meant private talks with your own players
like when you ask one for a preferred move or to change his style, it's not in public, it's between you two only
Ah damn. Yeah I thought you meant sending the greedy agent to get some beers while I close the deal with the player :lol:

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
Ah damn. Yeah I thought you meant sending the greedy agent to get some beers while I close the deal with the player :lol:
:D It's just so damn realistic that I've been way too addicted for the last few years
This game is simply brilliant, I wish they sold it here so I can buy it, the people who made it deserve every penny people will spend
I'm downloading and I feel guilty!

Hopefully by Friday I'll have some time to start playing it

I think I'll start by Juve for 2 seasons to win everything then let my contract expire and start from Serie C, small teams are 10x more fun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)