17 (14) Schalke £60.5m
18 (-) Marseille £58.3m
19 (-) Rangers £57.1m
20 (-) Aston Villa £55.9m Source: Deloitte
Previous season's position in brackets

Buy on AliExpress.com

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
Lay off the sarcasm and face the facts. What the Juve directors don't have a clue about is how to reduce the team´s costs, so you see we aren't going to be able to buy starplayers anymore. What´s going to happen when Buffon and Nedved get to old to play ? Players that came here when our wallets were full. We are surely not going to be able to afford decent replacements if we don´t fix the damn balance sheet. And for God´s sake move the team to a decent city where there is a middle class, they are predicting that even Arsenal will surpass us when their new stadium is ready. And one more thing, diversify our damn revenues, if TV revenues should fall then we´re screwed

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Paid-off-Ref ] ++
What´s going to happen when Buffon and Nedved get to old to play ?
Dude, Buffon's still got another 10 years left in him, don't worry about that :)
And for God´s sake move the team to a decent city where there is a middle class
If only it were that simple...

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Nedved will retire after 2006 campaign. So we desperately need a good replacer. That and some centrebacks are the only worries we have atm.

OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11
    Lay off the sarcasm and face the facts. What the Juve directors don't have a clue about is how to reduce the team´s costs, so you see we aren't going to be able to buy starplayers anymore. What´s going to happen when Buffon and Nedved get to old to play ? Players that came here when our wallets were full. We are surely not going to be able to afford decent replacements if we don´t fix the damn balance sheet. And for God´s sake move the team to a decent city where there is a middle class, they are predicting that even Arsenal will surpass us when their new stadium is ready. And one more thing, diversify our damn revenues, if TV revenues should fall then we´re screwed
    IMO, they are on the right track by reducing the size of the stadium.

Clubs like Arsenal (much as I hate to admit it) have proved that you don't have to buy star players. Get great scouts to identify future stars, buy them cheap and sell them high. I can guarantee that there'll always be a Madrid to buy. Meantime can't we buy someone that can help us merchandise in Asia?

Turin is an industrial town. If such a town has no middle class, I wonder where there is... :confused:

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #13
    Deloitte and Touche. Sorry I didn't get the URL, it was sent to me by mail.

Colleague of mine. I'll ask him 2moro!

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    The list means nothing.

It is jus a list in order of club turn-over... Has absolutely no meaning or relevance to how rich the clubs are or how they are doing financially

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Look at the big teams around you. Do any of them look like they're curbing costs? Irrespective, Juventus if anything, are really good at getting the most out of every deal, be it sponsorship, player exchange or even a new stadium. As for buying star players, i dont see any reason to worry, because as far as I've known, we dont buy star players, we buy potential star talent. And nurture them in to big stars, then go on to sell them if the price is right. Sure, Turin is a ghost town as far as stadium attendances go, but the main reason behind that is the architecture of the stadium, which is now being taken care of. Think about it, would you pay good money to go and see your team with a pair of binoculars, when instead you could sit at home, open a pint of beer and only have to jostle with your better half to be comfortable to watch the game? I dont care if Arsenal surpass us, or if Inter surpass us. Its a temporary thing, the signs arent worrying, and the positions surely dont matter, because we've got the players to grind out the results that'll continue to bring us money, and in turn get the balance sheets to do just that, balance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)