[FML] Serie A 2009/2010 (31 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Amauri & DP had better performances than Pato last season & let us not forget about Ibra last season.
Come on Byrone, are you joking? :D

In late 2008, Pato scored two goals in Milan's 5–1 win over Udinese just before the Christmas break, and managed to shine again with a brace against Roma the following matchday at the Stadio Olimpico on 11 January 2009, proving that he is a vital part of Milan's attack. He continued his impressive form for Milan, hitting six goals in four games, including a game winning strike against Fiorentina on 18 January. On 15 February, he scored his 11th goal of the season in a 2–1 defeat against home rivals Internazionale. On 26 February, Pato scored his 12th goal of the season against Werder Bremen in the UEFA Cup, a game Milan drew 2–2; but with this, were knocked out the competition on the away goals rule. Pato continued his good form with two goals against Siena on 15 March. Pato finished the 2008-09 season with 18 goals. This meant that Pato finished the 2008-09 season as Milan's top goalscorer. [wikipedia]

You know how much I do love Ale but Pato was head and shoulders above Ale (and of course Amauri) last season . He was brilliant in a woefully wretched Milan.
Pato is not among the top five strikers right now but he can make it for top 10, with no doubt.

scottazzurri

Del Piero's understudy
Feb 21, 2007
Milan are in real trouble......

Aside from the fact that Borriello is total shite.......Ronaldinho80 is only good in fleeting moments......Easly he fizzles out of games

Nesta is single-handly holding their defence together.....

Their mid-field is so shite its un-believable...Gattuso is clearly un-fit, Pirlo looks so lethargic I thought someone had drugged him and Ambrosini is toss......

I hate Ambrosini so much.......he has no first-touch and he cannot pass a ball to save his life!!!!!!!!!

Good to see Ekdal get yellow carded....And I'd loved to see Simone Vergassola chin Pato????!!!!!!!

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
What if Pato got injured for a longer period this season? That sure would be an ugly sight for Milan. I can't even imagine what it would look like. Boriello and Inzaghi up front? :scared: That is so poor it's not even funny.
That's only one of the strenghts with Juve of this season as compared to Milan. We're not overly dependant on a single player.

Jun 24, 2009
Milan are in real trouble......

Aside from the fact that Borriello is total shite.......Ronaldinho80 is only good in fleeting moments......Easly he fizzles out of games

Nesta is single-handly holding their defence together.....

Their mid-field is so shite its un-believable...Gattuso is clearly un-fit, Pirlo looks so lethargic I thought someone had drugged him and Ambrosini is toss......

I hate Ambrosini so much.......he has no first-touch and he cannot pass a ball to save his life!!!!!!!!!

Good to see Ekdal get yellow carded....And I'd loved to see Simone Vergassola chin Pato????!!!!!!!
Haha ,and he always has a stupid i just woke up face and don`t know were i am :)

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Eℓvin;2112438 said:
No no please, let's do compare. You say Rooney is one of the Top 5 strikers right now, and I say Del Piero is better than him right now (and all the seasons really), in all aspects: dribbling, accuracy, passing, positioning, set pieces, footballing brain in general, Rooney only has shot power on his side.
It's your opinion and I respect it. Overall roony is not good enough to shine alex's shoes. But in recent years i hate to say it but roony is the better player. Roony is dangerous with the ball and without it, great shot and good passer. He puts in many assists. He is a game changer, just like delpiero is. Roony to manure is what del piero was to us back in the 90's. overall alex is the better palyer, but recently roony is.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Come on Byrone, are you joking? :D

In late 2008, Pato scored two goals in Milan's 5–1 win over Udinese just before the Christmas break, and managed to shine again with a brace against Roma the following matchday at the Stadio Olimpico on 11 January 2009, proving that he is a vital part of Milan's attack. He continued his impressive form for Milan, hitting six goals in four games, including a game winning strike against Fiorentina on 18 January. On 15 February, he scored his 11th goal of the season in a 2–1 defeat against home rivals Internazionale. On 26 February, Pato scored his 12th goal of the season against Werder Bremen in the UEFA Cup, a game Milan drew 2–2; but with this, were knocked out the competition on the away goals rule. Pato continued his good form with two goals against Siena on 15 March. Pato finished the 2008-09 season with 18 goals. This meant that Pato finished the 2008-09 season as Milan's top goalscorer. [wikipedia]

You know how much I do love Ale but Pato was head and shoulders above Ale (and of course Amauri) last season . He was brilliant in a woefully wretched Milan.
Pato is not among the top five strikers right now but he can make it for top 10, with no doubt.
Well i should have said the first half of the campaign but bare in mind that Pato got some real gem passes from kaka & pirlo.Where as Amauri & DP really had to trek back & really dig in to create scoring chances.Do you think Pato would have mirrored last seasons performances if he was in the Juve squad last season?

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
and he isnt better then Zarate in overall, nor more talented. Just another "random" name that is better then him too IMO is Aguero. Defenitely needs to do more if he is to be this exaggerated.
Come on. I know I wouldn't hesitate to bet my house on Pato to emerge as a far greater player than Zarate. It's not very close to me. His talent is larger for once, and then there is the discipline aspect that can never be underestimated. Far more talented players than Zarate have faded before making it big due to having the same mentality as he does; the wrong one.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Well i should have said the first half of the campaign but bare in mind that Pato got some real gem passes from kaka & pirlo.Where as Amauri & DP really had to trek back & really dig in to create scoring chances.Do you think Pato would have mirrored last seasons performances if he was in the Juve squad last season?
yes he would have, the service Pato received was by no means better. kaka was injured for periods and their whole midfield sucked hard without Gattuso, who was their main man in midfield at the start of the season, but then got injured. ffs, Molinaro compared to their last seasons left backs is fucking God, and Zambrotta wasn't much better.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
What if Pato got injured for a longer period this season? That sure would be an ugly sight for Milan. I can't even imagine what it would look like. Boriello and Inzaghi up front? :scared: That is so poor it's not even funny.
They also have Huntelaar.

That's only one of the strenghts with Juve of this season as compared to Milan. We're not overly dependant on a single player.
Both Juve and Diego have every needed characteristic to negate that statement :D

I agree about Kaka but Pirlo was a ghost last season. I watched many of Milan matches and Pato was really awesome. Kaka was an important factor for Pato being impressive but scoring 25 goals in 55 Serie A matches for a 19 years old kid is not something you can easily ignore.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
They also have Huntelaar.

Both Juve and Diego have every needed characteristic to negate that statement :D
Huntelaar, yes. Yet another forward that is very similar to Inzaghi and Boriello. Although younger and surely more useful than Boriello.

As for Diego I find it unlikely that a player that is yet to play a competitive game for us is a player that we are overly dependant on.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
yes he would have, the service Pato received was by no means better. kaka was injured for periods and their whole midfield sucked hard without Gattuso, who was their main man in midfield at the start of the season, but then got injured. ffs, Molinaro compared to their last seasons left backs is fucking God, and Zambrotta wasn't much better.
Yes,Pato scored all his goals with no assists what so ever.:rolleyes:

I agree about Kaka but Pirlo was a ghost last season. I watched many of Milan matches and Pato was really awesome. Kaka was an important factor for Pato being impressive but scoring 25 goals in 55 Serie A matches for a 19 years old kid is not something you can easily ignore.
I never down played his talent,i simply said he's not one of the top 5 or ten strikers in the world.I do admire him & id simply love to have him in our team.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
To wade in the Pato argument, i think he is a very good striker, one of the best upcoming talents in Europe.

I find it strange that Osman would say that he and Zarate are on a similar level, you're either overrating Zarate or underrating Pato. Zarate is way too selfish and way too erratic to be on a similar level to Pato. Talent wise they might not be far off, but even talent wise Pato is a much better finisher and a better striker than Zarate.

What is laughable however is that poster who said Pato was better than David Villa :lol:

I also have to agree with Hoori. Pato did extremely well judging by the cirumstances. He was one of the few positives in a poor Milan side last season. No way was Amauri better than him last season.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
To wade in the Pato argument, i think he is a very good striker, one of the best upcoming talents in Europe.

I find it strange that Osman would say that he and Zarate are on a similar level, you're either overrating Zarate or underrating Pato. Zarate is way too selfish and way too erratic to be on a similar level to Pato. Talent wise they might not be far off, but even talent wise Pato is a much better finisher and a better striker than Zarate.

What is laughable however is that poster who said Pato was better than David Villa :lol:

I also have to agree with Hoori. Pato did extremely well judging by the cirumstances. He was one of the few positives in a poor Milan side last season. No way was Amauri better than him last season.
You forgot,Benzema is overrated.:wallbang:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)