FML Major Poll 2009-2010 - Goalkeeper (1 Viewer)

Goalkeeper

• Jean-François Gillet

• Federico Marchetti

• Júlio César

• Salvatore Sirigu

• Morgan De Sanctis

• Antonio Mirante

• Gianluigi Buffon

• Júlio Sérgio

• Marco Storari

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
J.Cesar didn't start the season well, but he's been great recently, and i'd say he is better than the rest of the names mentioned here.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Heurelho da Silva Gomes. Though I haven't seen all that many Spurs games.
He's pretty good with an average of 2-3 great saves per game I say, but I can honestly imagine him spending another 8 months adjusting to Serie A and the new environment in the club.

But I could have understood your post wrong and you've just wanted to respond at Fred's post about the lack of good GKs this season and you wanted to mention one :D

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Nah, I was pointing out he's had ( as far as I'm aware ) a good season. He was amazing at PSV and I was pretty shocked to see his first year in the EPL, looks like he's finally come through this year.

I've seen truely amazing saves by him, but like I said, I haven't watched Spurs week in week out, so I can't say all that much about consistency.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Júlio Sérgio. For someone who has been on the sidelines for a major part of his career to step up the way he has is great.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
1- Julio Sergio
2- Salvatore Sirigu
3- None!

Actually, I think Serie A GKs haven't enjoyed a good season except for those two. Julio Cesar, in particular, has been disappointing IMHO. Buffon looked fired up at the start of the season but lost form after one month and then stopped by an injury.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
1- Julio Sergio
2- Salvatore Sirigu
3- None!

Actually, I think Serie A GKs haven't enjoyed a good season except for those two. Julio Cesar, in particular, has been disappointing IMHO. Buffon looked fired up at the start of the season but lost form after one month and then stopped by an injury.
Storari and Gillet were good too.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Consider how well gillet performed with that defence in front of him.

Same reason i think David James is one of the better keepers in the epl this season, everytime i watched them play the goals conceded were nothing to do with him, but defencive fuck ups.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)