Firewalls (1 Viewer)

Geof

May 14, 2004
Hi you geeks,

I was using zonelabs firewall, and I was pretty happy about it, free easy and apparently reliable.
Unfortunately, I got some troubles with it while using Emule. I read that this firewall isn't recommended when you use emule.

So do you guys know any good (and free) firewall, other than Zonelabs?

thx

Buy on AliExpress.com

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
soak a rope in kerosene, and put it in a circle around your computer with a 3 foot radius, light it, and you have an inpenetrable fire wall until it burns out

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Sir Sebastian said:
soak a rope in kerosene, and put it in a circle around your computer with a 3 foot radius, light it, and you have an inpenetrable fire wall until it burns out
:lol:

@Geof, read the help pages of emule, they explicitly said that Zone Alarm would cause problems, and recommended other softwares...Don't remember which though.

OP
Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    Sir Sebastian said:
    kerosene? can't afford it, I'm looking for freeware.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Sir Sebastian said:
    :rofl2:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Geof, a firewall is no more than a pile of bricks, it's not a terribly sophisticated piece of software and there isn't a lot of difference between firewalls either. If it's blocking your traffic then you have to open the ports you need to open, the issue will be identical with every firewall.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

instead of changing your firewall, try and switch from e-mule to dc++. much, much better. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)