Figo (1 Viewer)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

rubbish. if you put it this way, totti can be compared to hitler.
i see your point, but, i used to like figo. but when i saw him take off his shirt and walk off before the end of the game before that penalty, i was disgusted, and ive never respected him at-all since

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Actually at that moment I started to like Figo. Because he showed he at least cared. And that's a hell of a lot better than someone being so passive about football as Zidane.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I definitely had a foul taste in my mouth when Figo as team captain did not stand by to support his team in a time of real need against England.

But I'll agree with Andries a little on this. Figo at least demonstrated how much of a competitor he was -- even if he expressed it poorly.

Contrast with, say, Totti's leadership challenge in Euro 2004 (or WC 2002, or...).

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sir Sebastian ] ++

i see your point, but, i used to like figo. but when i saw him take off his shirt and walk off before the end of the game before that penalty, i was disgusted, and ive never respected him at-all since
come on! if something like that happened to me i'd probably punch the ref, then abel xavier, then wiltord and then zidane. and then took my jersey off and went out.

owen

Aug 1, 2004
i think if figo ready to take a big pay cut in his wages,then we should sign him...but he stil demands for high wages,then it will be a waste of money as he can only play for a few more seasons..

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by owen ] ++
i think if figo ready to take a big pay cut in his wages,then we should sign him...but he stil demands for high wages,then it will be a waste of money as he can only play for a few more seasons..
Sometimes players do accept a pay cut. Not that I am a big fan of Figo.

He did say several times that Real is not the last place where he plays.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

come on! if something like that happened to me i'd probably punch the ref, then abel xavier, then wiltord and then zidane. and then took my jersey off and went out.
when your pocketing millions a year, your a world famous star, he should at least have the sportsmanship to stay on the field. yes it shows he cared, and i understand why he was so angry, but in my eyes leaving your team and walking off completely is just disgracing your country in a way. (thats just my opinion). also, think of all the kids who look up to this guy, when somethign little happens what if they go and do that? i think the worlds "top" players should at least be able to set an example for sportsmanship. im not sure abotu this, did he shake hands with the french team after the game? if he did then ok, but if not, i really have no respect for the guy at all, no matter how heart breaking his loss was. when neddy got his yellow in the champions league semi final, and knew he would miss his dream after all his hard work and dedication, he had the class not to flip out and dis-honor his team.

thats just the opinion of a 14 yr old, sorry if you disagree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)