Fifa's Unfair Ruling Towards Uzbekistan (1 Viewer)

OP
Alex 2002

Alex 2002

Sep 22, 2002
  • Thread Starter #21
    Here is an article in British paper "Daily Mirror"

"FIFA'S SPOT OF INSANITY
    Oliver Holt
    ANOTHER example of the loony-toons bureaucrats who run FIFA.

On Saturday, Uzbekistan beat Bahrain 1-0 in an Asian World Cup qualifying play-off tie.
    The Uzbeks scored a penalty but had it wiped out because one of their players committed an infringement.
    Instead of letting them retake the penalty as the rules dictate, the Japanese referee awarded a free-kick to Bahrain.
    FIFA's response? Not to do the sensible thing and let the result stand. Not even to award the game 3-0 to Uzbekistan. No, punish them twice by forcing them to replay the tie."

Link to the article

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex 2002 ] ++
    Dr-Juve,

there was a goal. Yes an Uzbek player entered the penaltyu area. But this means that the penalty should be retaken!
    Referee was going to give a retake, but after talking with Bahrain players, he gave a freekick!
    Also he did not give a red card for a Bahrain player for playing hand ball for obvious goal (only a penalty!).

Unfortunately there is no video file of that accident in Internet which I could attach to this discussion here.
    u r right
    and i am not defending the ref or saying that FIFAs decision is ok
    u r saying that the FIFA is always favouring the arabs and i asked u to give me an example?

second thing
    is this the first time to see or to hear about the ref mistakes (intentional ones)

third thing
    do u think the UZb were fair enough to ask the FIFA to count it 3-0
    they are really rediculous

fourth thing
    do u know that the Substitutions bench of bahrain team has been humilated and insulted through the whole game and the UZB fans kept throwing the fire works and other things towards the palyers

SlimValdi

Dec 28, 2002

No hi did not. The goal was scored from penalty (the GK in one corner, the ball in another).
    did you realy watch the match !!!!!

as for me and thousneds of who REALY SAW the match , saw the keeper touched the ball.

OP
    Alex 2002

Alex 2002

Sep 22, 2002
  • Thread Starter #24
    ++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++

fourth thing
    do u know that the Substitutions bench of bahrain team has been humilated and insulted through the whole game and the UZB fans kept throwing the fire works and other things towards the palyers
    It is not possible that in Uzbek central stadium (Pakhtakor) people throw fireworks and other things. For your information the security control in the stadium is very high. I am from Tashkent and can tell you that there is no chance for any fan in the stadium to burn a firework. He will be catch by policemen in the stadium and put into a jail.

Other points, I agree with you. It is not first mistake from FIFA refs. But the thing is that AFC is reaaaally corrupted.
    About favouring Arab teams - it is obvious and no need to prove in Last Asian cups.

Forza Uzbekistan!

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004

No hi did not. The goal was scored from penalty (the GK in one corner, the ball in another).
    Not really what I saw!! The GK jumped to the same corner of the ball! He might of have touched it or hit the post. But regardless the ref. shouldve replayed the penalty kick and not award a penalty. I still dont see the relavance of Dr-Juve's post (the fifa ruling) though.

Oh and please provide us with actal examples of AFC favouring to arabs, and not just assume without any evidence!

Mar 6, 2005

It is not possible that in Uzbek central stadium (Pakhtakor) people throw fireworks and other things. For your information the security control in the stadium is very high. I am from Tashkent and can tell you that there is no chance for any fan in the stadium to burn a firework. He will be catch by policemen in the stadium and put into a jail.
    Yes, but somehow they manage to nail Talal Yousuf with a rock, and pelt the stadium floor with bottles.. Very high security, I'm sure.. Must be of a Roman standard.. :rolleyes:

Forza Bahrain!

Mar 6, 2005
    World Cup Play-Off Ref Suspended
    9/12/2005 3:07:00 AM
    Referee Toshimitsu Yoshida has been suspended for an indefinite period following his blunder in the recent World Cup play-off game between Uzbekistan and Bahrian.

In the first leg of the match in Tashkent, with the hosts leading by a single goal, the Japanese official disallowed a converted penalty after encroachment and then, instead of ordering the kick to be retaken, awarded a free-kick to Bahrain. FIFA then declared the game invalid and ordered a replay scheduled for October 8.

"Unfortunately a mistake has taken place and what the referees’ committee is going to do is lift the name of the referee off the list of allotted referees, but for how long we don’t know," Football Asia reported AFC president Mohamed bin Hammam as saying.

"He is suspended at AFC level and FIFA level."

The Uzbeks were not sure what they wanted," said bin Hamman. "In the beginning they asked for a 3-0 result for that match, but no law will support that and FIFA will not support that. Then they asked for the game to be restarted with the penalty but no law is going to support that either.

"The match is finished after 90 minutes and the result was 1-0 and the team who is the victim of the bad refereeing was the team that won the three points. For me, this is the result, let us accept it and let us award Uzbekistan the three points. What if Uzbekistan had been leading 3-0 or 4-0 and there had been this mistake? Are we going to replay the match? No, justice has been made by this decision."

Football Asia also quoted FIFA president Sepp Blatter.

"The representatives of the Uzbekistan football association asked us to go back to our decision but this is the decision,. Afterwards it was confirmed by the executive committee, so the decision is upheld."

"There was a precedent and I want to make this call, especially for those who haven’t been following exactly what happened in the match. We are not making a decision on the facts, we are talking about a technical error in the application of the rules of the game."
    I'm not going to say anything, but the AFC president said what needed to be said..

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    what are those things ur saying about arab countries??
    Kuwait got screwed in their game against the uzbeks.......
    nobody said anything in favor of the kuwatis

do u know how many times bahrain were discriminated against in asian games not only soccer?? and ur talking about fifa or any other governing body favoring usss ???

plzzz

we r going to go to those games and we will kick ***, even if we dont reach the WC

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    Dear Juventuz.com forum participants please have a look into

http://www.petitiononline.com/uzbekwcq/

To: FIFA
    Dear Sir/Madam,
    We find your ruling on the Uzbekistan-Bahrain match to be unjust and contradicting Fair Play rules.
    The Japanese referee stole Uzbekistan’s second goal and now FIFA has robbed thier first goal. Giving Bahrain a 'second chance' to qualify now. This isn't strange as AFC always backs arab teams and it's obvious they have a hand in this. FIFA's decision is wrong as both goals of Uzbek team were legitimate and now whatever decision has been made was done to benefit of Bahrain. Was this FIFA's overall purpose - to make Bahrain happy? Why? Why should Bahrain benefit from the Japanese referee's mistake? Why should Uzbekistan suffer from tyranny of Japanese referee and FIFA? Uzbekistan had the advantage, and now Bahrain's getting another chance? Uzbekistna asked for a broader scoreline, not for the game to be replayed.
    Referees make a lot of mistakes and the matches not replayed. Please remember matches of World Cup 2002, when several teams suffered from wrong decisions of officials. Let’s replay all matches in World Cup 2002 shall we?
    We believe that FIFA should:
    1. Continue the first leg match from the 39th minute with the score 1-0 in favour of Uzbekistan
    2. And allow Uzbekistan to take a penalty kick, which was negated by Japanese referee
    3. European officials should referee both legs of the play-off match, and any future AFC game, Asian refs are UNQUALIFIED and never ready to handle tough Asian matches (etc. Asian Cup 2004)
    Please prove that Fair Play is not just words and FIFA respects its own rules
    AFC has nothing to do with it, WCQ is purely a FIFA competition!

Uzbekstan asked for a 3-0 which is not reasonable and unfair also. Would Uzbeks complain like they are complaining now if the desicion swinged their way?

OP
    Alex 2002

Alex 2002

Sep 22, 2002
  • Thread Starter #30
    Sorry guys, if I offended you somehow. It was pure emotions in after that game.
    Let's the game decide which team is better to be in WC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)