FIFA World Cup 2005 (YOUTH) (2 Viewers)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Fallout from the WYC:
Barcelona have agreed an improved contract for young Argentine striker Lionel Messi, the Primera Liga champions said on Tuesday. "Messi has opted for Barcelona and we have a lot of confidence in this player," sports director Txiki Begiristain told the club's website.

"We are convinced his participation in the first team will be very important from now on," he added.

"He is a very quick player, with a lot of confidence on the pitch, and with an extraordinary technical ability."

The 18-year-old, who has drawn praise from Diego Maradona after his recent performances with Argentina's under-20 team, has signed a contract with Barca till 2010.

After debuting with Barca's first team last October, Messi became the club's youngest ever goalscorer on May 1 when he netted against Albacete at 17 years, 10 months and 7 days.

Messi on Tuesday helped Argentina reach the World Youth Cup final in the Netherlands. He scored their opening goal and laid on the extra-time winner in a 2-1 victory over Brazil.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Whatever. For me the important part of the story is this: we've gotten the core of a team for 2010!
As for the Argies, they are good yes, but they should stop diving!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Messi.....

fukin barcelona they are not tired of having the "creative, innovative, charismatic " player???

we need one of them at least!

PD: Nigeria´s goal was very very cool.

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #110
    Argentina! :extatic: They deserve it; they played some of the best fooball in the tournament and that Messi kid is fvcking amazing!

Nigeria need to stop cheating with the dates of birth on their forms.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Argentina! :extatic: They deserve it; they played some of the best fooball in the tournament and that Messi kid is fvcking amazing!

:wth: I know it's easy to say that he's Nigerian, so he'll support his people, but why are you still living in 1991 Erik? For fuck's sake, the young man who scored the goal against Argentina as an example, Chinedu Ogbuke, has a 23 year old seniour brother Henry who works in my firm's branch office in Jalingo, Taraba State of Nigeria. They are from Ohafia in Abia State of Nigeria. This is one of the people whom I was told is 'overaged'. I don't claim to know the guy personally, but I know his elder brother. Henry is 23, and says Chinedu is 4 years younger than he is, with a sister in between.
    I really get pissed when people just draw conclusions based on events that happened years ago. True, there was an age scandal in 1991, and I'll be the first to admit that even the 1999 WYC squad had some dodgy passports, but ever since the disaster of 99, a consious effort has been made to stop that, and that includes the Shell Cup for Secondary Schools (sponsored by Royal Dutch Shell) from where school boys with potential are spotted and taken to the Pepsi Football Academy. That is where the majority of these players came from.
    Check your facts before making statements Erik, please!

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #113
    ++ [ originally posted by Chxta ] ++
    :wth: I know it's easy to say that he's Nigerian, so he'll support his people, but why are you still living in 1991 Erik? For fuck's sake, the young man who scored the goal against Argentina as an example, Chinedu Ogbuke, has a 23 year old seniour brother Henry who works in my firm's branch office in Jalingo, Taraba State of Nigeria. They are from Ohafia in Abia State of Nigeria. This is one of the people whom I was told is 'overaged'. I don't claim to know the guy personally, but I know his elder brother. Henry is 23, and says Chinedu is 4 years younger than he is, with a sister in between.
    I really get pissed when people just draw conclusions based on events that happened years ago. True, there was an age scandal in 1991, and I'll be the first to admit that even the 1999 WYC squad had some dodgy passports, but ever since the disaster of 99, a consious effort has been made to stop that, and that includes the Shell Cup for Secondary Schools (sponsored by Royal Dutch Shell) from where school boys with potential are spotted and taken to the Pepsi Football Academy. That is where the majority of these players came from.
    Check your facts before making statements Erik, please!
    I don't actually believe that, I was just throwing you an annoying statement as your alledged 'objective' statement regarding the supposedly often practiced Argentinian dives was annoying me just as much.

And Shell are hypocrites regardless of the fact that they happen to be Dutch. I'm not blind for my country's failures.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Let's face it...
    Adeleye got the ball on the first penalty, the second was an OK call, but the first was pure crap.

Take Mikel Obi as an example, his conduct during this little matter involving Chelski and ManU is that of an immature child don't you think?

Meanwhile, the team captain Isaac Promise finished his secondary school last year, ditto the goalie.

Those are the guys I can confirm immediately. If I can get others, I'll let you know.

Shell are bastards IMO!

Romano

May 22, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

you only say this because you can't have it that the nigerian won from the netherlands.
    I know that u cant, because my friend also hates them and calls them ''monkeys'' and hoped that they would lose.
    When I asked why, he said I can't have it that they have won from us.
    Thats just a fact and everytime something happends you will say : Ahhh they cheat.
    Just like that guy, told me : When Juventus were playing in that Final against Ajax, they used EPO you cheaters.
    Then I said : ohh yeah? so why aren't our players banned and at that time YOUR Davids was punished a few years later on using EPO?
    Then he just shut up and knew that the Dutch ALWAYS have to get a ''joke'' just not to accept that they aren't good enough at some times

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    They are showing the reception for the youth team on TV now. Mikel Obi isn't there, he has gone to Norway, back to his club. It is said that the coach Siasia told him to go back and sort himself out.
    I pray to high heavens that the coach also told him to do the right thing and join ManU!

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    Argentina deserved it.Nigeria is a good team too.no one believed they could go to final.their captain Isac (if I'm not wrong) was really good and also the number 7.but 2 stupid penalties(that reminded us that here is the YOUTH world cup)made Argentina the winner.
    ...and...I envy Barca because of this Messi kid :fero:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Romano ] ++
    you only say this because you can't have it that the nigerian won from the netherlands.
    I know that u cant, because my friend also hates them and calls them ''monkeys'' and hoped that they would lose.
    Thats just a fact and everytime something happends you will say : Ahhh they cheat.
    Just like that guy, told me : When Juventus were playing in that Final against Ajax, they used EPO you cheaters.
    Then I said : ohh yeah? so why aren't our players banned and at that time YOUR Davids was punished a few years later on using EPO?
    Then he just shut up and knew that the Dutch ALWAYS have to get a ''joke'' just not to accept that they aren't good enough at some times
    Romano, don't make ungrounded assumptions like that, it can cause you embarassment. How do you know why Erik thought Argentina was more deserving? Do you know him so well that you know what he's thinking even when he doesn't say it?

I agree on Messi but Nigeria has many talented players themselves, I now understand the noise around Mikel, he's excellent.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

I completely agree with you Romano.Erik can't stand Nigeria just because they beat Holland.I'm sure there was no problem about Nigerian players' ages and stuff.youth world cup is an important competitions and as I said before there are many tests that can show the real age of each player.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #120
    Many people on this forum will verify to you that I'm the first to point out flaws in Dutch football the minute I spot them. If you need that confirmed; just ask Ian.

Fact is that Holland weren't good enough to win it and Nigeria were better. I never joined the Quincy hype over here because I managed to see through the media praise and value Quincy for the mediocre winger that he is who can't tell when he needs to make an action and when he needs to refrain from doing so. As for Ryan Babel, he only made it into Ajax' premier squad because they have NO good strikers whatsoever. Most the Dutch players I didn't even know and that says A LOT because I follow Dutch football closely. The only decent player we had was Hedwiges Maduro and, let's face it, one player isn't going to win you a tournament.

Coming back from Holland's flaws that I pointed out to you for no charge whatsoever and you may thank me for that if you want, I do not have anything against Nigeria because they put good football on display. They played as a team and seeing as football is a teamsport, they were always going to have a good shot of winning it.

Argentina, however, also played as a team and based on individual strengths, I think they had the better players. When someone then states Nigeria partly lost because the Argentinian players are divers, I get annoyed. When I get annoyed, I tend to post a comment that shows the exact opposite, such as what I did above, even if that isn't my opinion at all. I just think one ignorant comment deserves another.

And as far as your Dutch friend goes; I know it's popular in this country to point the finger at everything that is supposedly "bad football" such as the Italian defensive tradition, which was ridiculed heavily after the semi-final on Euro2000. I never joined that rally; I happen to value different styles of football born from different cultures.

And just because your friend can't handle losing, doesn't mean that I'm the same just because I share his nationality. Your statements made, Romano, offend me to the bone and I only just found the way to ignore them; by seeing them for what they are: useless, empty words typed by an obvious racist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)