Fernando Llorente (10 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
It was also there with Secco, from around 2009 if I remember.
yes, sure

it's a "present era" problem

- - - Updated - - -

"let's hope it stays that way"? are you hoping Tevez continues to be the exception and all the others continue being $#@!?
:D

i meant to say "i hope we continue to have one great forward because i've lost hope in all the others"

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
no? Quagliarella. Amauri. Matri. Vucinic. Iaquinta. Llorente.

why is it that they always seem like pretty good players when they join us, and always seem like an improvement on whoever is there, and after 2 years they seem worthless?

this is a Marotta era thing, it wasn't always like this
Good question. I'm afraid none of us know the answer though.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
amauri and iaquinta are not marrota era. and the problem existed even in moggi era. see zlatan second season, salas..etc.

the problem is old fashioned people like crimsonian king who are at juve staff who keep defending such players over youth because they are "experienced" if such people would just shut the fuck up let youth play we would perhaps have not suffer this

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
amauri and iaquinta are not marrota era. and the problem existed even in moggi era. see zlatan second season, salas..etc.

the problem is old fashioned people like crimsonian king who are at juve staff who keep defending such players over youth because they are "experienced" if such people would just shut the fuck up let youth play we would perhaps have not suffer this
:tup:

Fuck young talent, we have world class llorente and friends

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
well, Morata is not at his peak yet and he doesn't have injury problems

do you think he will blossom? let's see

- - - Updated - - -

well, doesn't that happen at other clubs?

anyway, you offer a hypothesis to back my point, namely that the club is the problem here
llorente wasn't like that when we bought him!! he does have terrible form and stamina now! it's not our problem.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

the problem is old fashioned people like crimsonian king who are at juve staff who keep defending such players over youth because they are "experienced" if such people would just shut the $#@! up let youth play we would perhaps have not suffer this
okay, it existed to some extent. but we had DP/Trez who delivered the goods for years

but now it's become a full blown epidemic

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
and all of this attackers you mentioned weren't world beaters to begin with. they just had this great seasons and we went to pick them up. i remember the days we were buying Amauri. alot of people including me said this guy is overrated. but we were run by chaotic managment..

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
- - - Updated - - -

okay, it existed to some extent. but we had DP/Trez who delivered the goods for years

but now it's become a full blown epidemic
it's only because in recent years we havent had a striker that is consistent and stays a long time. we sort of fixed that with tevez.

but this problem is more common than you think. look at barca for example. they have changed strikers 7 times in 6 years. arsenal same. liverpool same.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
and all of this attackers you mentioned weren't world beaters to begin with. they just had this great seasons and we went to pick them up. i remember the days we were buying Amauri. alot of people including me said this guy is overrated. but we were run by chaotic managment..
you're right, but tell me.. if Quagliarella can score 3 against Sampdoria today, with Torino's midfield.... why can't Llorente score more than 4 goals (so far this season) with Juve's midfield? isn't our midfield quite a bit better than Torino's?

Llorente and Quagliarella are comparable players career wise, Quagliarella is more talented but still

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
you're right, but tell me.. if Quagliarella can score 3 against Sampdoria today, with Torino's midfield.... why can't Llorente score more than 4 goals (so far this season) with Juve's midfield? isn't our midfield quite a bit better than Torino's?

Llorente and Quagliarella are comparable players career wise, Quagliarella is more talented but still
i didn't see the goals of today. but i think Quagliarella was always been a great finisher and more dynamic than llorente. guys we bought llorente from bilbao and we know that most of his goals were from headers.. quag on the other hand has great technique in shooting and more teamwork.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

To do that you'd have to change the core of Italian Football. Starting from training centers all over the country from the scouting and producing system. Build coaching schools for new coaches and so on. It's a long-term commitment the Italians are not willing to take. It simply won't happen.

AND it's important to highlight that that still doesn't automatically fix the problem. The German league play their youngsters because they've good scouts and find quality from all over the world, and most importantly their own youngsters are talented, name me a young Italian who's above the average talent in recent times, except Verrati? There's no one.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yes, sure

it's a "present era" problem

- - - Updated - - -

:D

i meant to say "i hope we continue to have one great forward because i've lost hope in all the others"
While i agree with everyone else that Llorente simply doesnt suit our tactics anymore... i think the main problem comes from the conservative formations we play since who knows where. Since i follow Juventus.. all our formations are pratically build around defensive players and isolated forwards. IN the past Trezeguet and Del Piero masked this because of pure talent... but thats the truth. We play overall tood efensive and hope our isolated strikers to all the work....we dont play offensively as a group and that suffocates our strikers,

Thats my theory. And yes this is a deep italian problem which will not be solved as easily

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)