Federico Macheda - Manchester United - FW (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Italian giants queueing up to sign Macheda, claims agent

Sir Alex Ferguson has reportedly given his blessing for the 19 year-old to gain some first team experience, and Macheda's agent has told the media that at least four Serie A sides are interested in his client.

"I can say that Inter, Juventus, Fiorentina and Lazio are all clubs that potentially could take the player,” said Giovanni Bia.

“However, at this moment in time, this is all speculation and there is nothing concrete. Now that Sir Alex Ferguson has given his okay for an eventual departure, we'll see what happens.

“I don’t think the player will simply arrive on a pure loan though, I think any deal would at least be a loan with the option to buy."

Source

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Marotta and co said they will only sign players that improve the team, which automatically disqualifies Macheda. Not to mention there is no point developing their player if we don't have any chance of keeping him.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Marotta and co said they will only sign players that improve the team, which automatically disqualifies Macheda. Not to mention there is no point developing their player if we don't have any chance of keeping him.
How does Macheda not improve the team? Our strike-force is pathetic.

Loan w/ option to buy - Yes
Loan w/ no option - forget it.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
How does Macheda not improve the team? Our strike-force is pathetic.

Loan w/ option to buy - Yes
Loan w/ no option - forget it.
Because he is inexperienced and unproven at the top level. We need a proven goalscorer, and Macheda's career has barely started.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
:tup:

Unless people are judging his unknown potential vs the known Amauri. In which case, its fair to say that he could improve the squad with time, training and maturity, none of which fit into any plans to sign players in the january window...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Lots of folks have a very shortsighted view of the game. You can't always expect "instant dividends" when it comes to players and profit... I mean what sort of free lunch school of economics are you from? With regards to football, everyone's beloved Dzeko might need a little time to settle in as well, plus the good sides develop players for the future.

Macheda appears to be a good talent. A loan plus buy option on him would follow Marotta's policy of looking to good young players to develop. You can't just simply rely on a transfer policy of buying players in their prime and at their top market value... I mean come on, think a little.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
Lots of folks have a very shortsighted view of the game. You can't always expect "instant dividends" when it comes to players and profit... I mean what sort of free lunch school of economics are you from? With regards to football, everyone's beloved Dzeko might need a little time to settle in as well, plus the good sides develop players for the future.

Macheda appears to be a good talent. A loan plus buy option on him would follow Marotta's policy of looking to good young players to develop. You can't just simply rely on a transfer policy of buying players in their prime and at their top market value... I mean come on, think a little.
yea but there isnt going to be an option...alex just wants him to go get some experience and return...to be frank..i never saw him as anything special...our situation now is we have some lacklustre strikers so we need someone in that department to impact our attacking line sooner than some yute that has to go on this learning curve bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)