Facchetti blasts Giraudo (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Facchetti furious at Juve jibes Tuesday 29 November, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ill-feeling between Inter and Juventus continued last night as Giacinto Facchetti launched an attack of his own at Antonio Giraudo. "He is the immoral one," he blasted.

The Inter President was responding to a public broadside from Giraudo, the Bianconeri’s director of finance, who raised the subject of Inter’s excessive expenditure in the transfer market.

"Nowadays much is said about morality in football," Giraudo told a group of pupils in Turin, celebrating their school’s centenary. "Then some clubs go out and spend over £80m a year without winning anything."

Although Giraudo didn’t openly name Inter, you don’t have to be a financial expert to work out which side he was referring to.

Under Massimo Moratti, Inter have spent over £446m on 110 players and - although they won the 1998 UEFA Cup and last year’s Coppa Italia - this hardly represents an impressive return on their investment.

Facchetti responded to Giraudo’s sleight by suggesting that Juventus’ so-called economic footballing model is based on spending money that isn’t theirs.

"Those who spend their own money cannot be immoral," he retorted. "I don’t think I need to tell Giraudo what is really immoral about Italian football, because he knows that all too well himself."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Modo Bianconero said:
ye well butatleast chelsea are winning stuff .. inter are just a sad bunch i cant hate them coz i pity them and their funs soo much
pity them for making fun of their own players..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)