Fabio Quagliarella (16 Viewers)

Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I'm not a fan of this guy at all, but the bashing I'm seeing he receives on this forum is absolutely ridiculous and I've never seen it anywhere. Someone even comparing him to Iaquinta... Are you serious? Iaquinta didn't play for 3 years till 2013 and didn't want to leave his contract nor join another club, taking his wages without doing nothing (probably he even had some stuff with drugs, but however)... Quagliarella is in the team, has been praised by Conte this season and has played more than Vucinic and Giovinco, and has been a starter just a week ago. He accepts every role in the team and gives his 100% every time is on the pitch, but he's compared to Iaquinta... And the guys like that baggio, who's one of the most objective "fans" I've seen, who tries to take some points to him fairly, it's getting big laughs as an answer... LOL... But is it the same Quagliarella we're talking about? Because I swear, it doesn't look so.
Well said mate, cheers. And thanks for the props. :tup:

:lol2:

Like he was going to get picked anyway.

Even if he was stupid enough to think that he has a chance then he should have left to somewhere where he knew he had a chance to play, he knew that he won't play here anymore so why didn't he fuck off but instead he chose to stay like a leech he is.
He hasn't had a chance under Prandelli, who does have his favorites. But if you looked at it objectively enough, Quag was never even called up when he was in a good run of form for us last year. The last time he played for the Azzurri was under another coach. That's not to say, he isn't good enough to be going to Brazil. The likes of Gila. Pazzini etc are not far ahead.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Think about it. He agreed to Lazio and wanted Samp. Neither could've paid him the wage he earns here. The club's couldn't settle on a transfer fee. Most of the offers Quag rejected were from oversees, ands those were clubs from richer leagues who could've paid him a similar wage, but he chose not to go there. It just seems like he'd prefer to stay in Italy. Quite like Vucinic. Nothing wrong withh that. A lot of the people here, would've done the same thing in a similar professional predicament. So it's unfair to judge a player who is technically doing no wrong.
His desire to stay in Italy is perfectly understandable. Considering his age, I don't believe he's willing to get himself into that kind of adventure which different competition would definitely provide; there's family factor as well. No resentments in this respect, but he did reject moves to Lazio and Sampdoria for monetary reasons, while clubs as far as I know had agreed over transfer fee.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Quag accepted a pay cut with Lazio (3 year contract, 1,5m), and even requested a move to Samp, who found it difficult to pay what Juve wanted. He would've perhaps taken a pay cut there too had Juve reduced the transfer fee. He could've gotten a similar salary at Arsenal and thereabouts at Valencia, Villa or some of the other teams, but most players at this stage in their careers consider lifestyle and culture just as much. Vucinic would've been paid similar wages at Arsenal, maybe even more if he pushed them, but he still chose not to go there. It's more than just the money IMO, and I think these player's are entitled to that.

The loss if anything, is theirs. More than the clubs. And overall, some people here seem to be taking offense like Quag, Vucinic or Gio have blocked the arrival of Messi. Nothing really changes in our mercato and it's not like any of them, or Osvaldo, are going to be getting much game time anyway. We are talking about 3rd, 4th and 5th striking options with a coach who keeps his starters out there for ninety mins if he can. For the position of the player on the team, nothing changes if he stays or leaves.
Almost forgot.

Ancora su Quagliarella : “Ha un contratto in scadenza con la Juventus e si muove solo per un contratto triennale a cifre molto importanti e noi in questo momento non possiamo fare questo tipo di operazione”. - Osti (Sampdoria's DS)

Stop making up things, please.

He didn't accept a pay-cut that's why they didn't get him.

runner0xff

Feb 15, 2013
Think about it. He agreed to Lazio and wanted Samp. Neither could've paid him the wage he earns here. The club's couldn't settle on a transfer fee. Most of the offers Quag rejected were from oversees, ands those were clubs from richer leagues who could've paid him a similar wage, but he chose not to go there. It just seems like he'd prefer to stay in Italy. Quite like Vucinic. Nothing wrong withh that. A lot of the people here, would've done the same thing in a similar professional predicament. So it's unfair to judge a player who is technically doing no wrong.
It's a sign we are overpaying some players.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Isn't it Quags loss that he'll likely be on the bench in a world cup year with minimal chances to prove that he can be part of the Nazionale, by staying on? I think it's his loss.

He hasn't had a chance under Prandelli, who does have his favorites. But if you looked at it objectively enough, Quag was never even called up when he was in a good run of form for us last year. The last time he played for the Azzurri was under another coach. That's not to say, he isn't good enough to be going to Brazil. The likes of Gila. Pazzini etc are not far ahead.
So you are basically refuting your own point.

How is this his loss again?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
iaquinta also didnt do anything wrong, technically. He's done, no slef respecting player will be happy with not only the bench but basically not being wanted.
I just fail to see the comparison here. Iaq was perpetually injured. He didn't play for us, for what 3 seasons in a row, on much higher wages than Quag. Iaq was the one who had retired mentally, that's also another reason why he didn't get many offers either. Quag agreed to move to Lazio last mercato window, we blocked the move then. Thats not how you treat an unwanted player. And if he is so unwanted, i wonder why he has '200' minutes more than Gio, and has even featured ahead of Vucinic at times. He even agreed a move this window, we didn't agree a fee. He offered to move to Samp, and they couldn't afford our transfer fee. He didn't want to move abroad, which is where most of the offers came, and so many offers wouldn't have come for a player that showed nothing on the pitch. Don't see why he's not within his right, to prefer staying in Italy than moving abroad. I think we are being a bit unfair in this case. But whatever.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I just fail to see the comparison here. Iaq was perpetually injured. He didn't play for us, for what 3 seasons in a row, on much higher wages than Quag. Iaq was the one who had retired mentally, that's also another reason why he didn't get many offers either. Quag agreed to move to Lazio last mercato window, we blocked the move then. Thats not how you treat an unwanted player. And if he is so unwanted, i wonder why he has '200' minutes more than Gio, and has even featured ahead of Vucinic at times. He even agreed a move this window, we didn't agree a fee. He offered to move to Samp, and they couldn't afford our transfer fee. He didn't want to move abroad, which is where most of the offers came, and so many offers wouldn't have come for a player that showed nothing on the pitch. Don't see why he's not within his right, to prefer staying in Italy than moving abroad. I think we are being a bit unfair in this case. But whatever.
Nope, again.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
His desire to stay in Italy is perfectly understandable. Considering his age, I don't believe he's willing to get himself into that kind of adventure which different competition would definitely provide; there's family factor as well. No resentments in this respect, but he did reject moves to Lazio and Sampdoria for monetary reasons, while clubs as far as I know had agreed over transfer fee.
No. On the contrary, they didn't agree. He agreed a wage cut with Lazio at 1.5m for 3 seasons, but they couldn't offer more than 6m and we wanted 8m. They then got Postiga on their terms. Quag offered to go to Samp but they couldn't afford the deal.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
So you are basically refuting your own point.

How is this his loss again?
Hed probably have more game time if he chose to go to a smaller club. More game time and perhaps more goals. He's a player capable of having a good enough run of form and he'd definitely have a better shot at convincing Prandelli than if he didn't go. So yea, it's his loss. What am I refuting? His chances are low to begin with, but staying at Juve those chances have all but diminished. Don't see how that's a refutal.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Exactly.

Put yourself in Quag's shoes, he's making 2.5M/season at Juve would you move over to Genoa to make 1M?
I understand your point. I believe the likes Valencia and EPL teams that were interested would have gone close to his wage, albeit a loan move. If he didn't have these offers then I wouldn't have anything against him for earning money by sitting on the bench.

When a time comes that you know your not needed by the club, and knowing others want you, then its a question of their morals. Not matter how you try to defend them, the likes of him are leeches.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Hed probably have more game time if he chose to go to a smaller club. More game time and perhaps more goals. He's a player capable of having a good enough run of form and he'd definitely have a better shot at convincing Prandelli than if he didn't go. So yea, it's his loss. Where is the refusal here?
So why didn't he go?

And what's up with "he offered to go to Samp with a pay-cut"?

Here you have Samp's DS saying how he wanted a 3 year contract with a high wage they couldn't afford.

Why are you saying lies?

Ancora su Quagliarella : “Ha un contratto in scadenza con la Juventus e si muove solo per un contratto triennale a cifre molto importanti e noi in questo momento non possiamo fare questo tipo di operazione”.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
It is known that he's waiting to be a free agent, that way he's get a nice signing on fee which will compensate for his lower wages in his next (most probably Italian) club. A lot of the people here would've done the same thing.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
So why didn't he go?

And what's up with "he offered to go to Samp with a pay-cut"?

Here you have Samp's DS saying how he wanted a 3 year contract with a high wage they couldn't afford.

Why are you saying lies?

Ancora su Quagliarella : “Ha un contratto in scadenza con la Juventus e si muove solo per un contratto triennale a cifre molto importanti e noi in questo momento non possiamo fare questo tipo di operazione”.
He was offered a 3 year contract at Lazio, and he asked for the same duration at Samp. Before agreeing with the Samp DG and terming this lies, I suggest you look at the wage structure at Samp. Their highest paid players earn a million or under. So when the operation is not feasible for Samp, it's not because Quag was expecting the same Juve wages there, it's because, maybe they couldn't afford anything over 1-1.2m. It doesnt mean he didnt offer to lower his wages. Context is a bitch, clearly.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
if quag had character, he'd be fine with one and a half mill and he'd earn a higher wage by performing for samp at a level which demands higher wages. he's a bench player that never had a high goal tally, how much does he really expect to get in serie a?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)