Fabio Quagliarella - Thank you Napoli! (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Screw Quagliarella, if we want to replace Trez than we should sign Dzeko. It seems that he gave an interview to Corriere Della Sera where he said that he would like to play in Italy for Milan or Juve.
TBH I agree. He's the easier option, he wants to play for Juventus and please people, he's not a one year miracle. He's amazing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
TBH I agree. He's the easier option, he wants to play for Juventus and please people, he's not a one year miracle. He's amazing.
That's what I tried to say, he is not miracle, the guy works a lot and is improving. Last season he joined Wolfsburg and didn't get much playing time, than Wolfsburg released two attackers to make more room for him, and now he is regular. I will say that he can hardly repeat 25 league goals, but still I'm sure that he will score plenty. He is not typical goal poacher but is good at that too, plus he have good first touch, pass and solid dribble so he can hold up ball. However it's best for him to play alongside SS. If Magath stayed at Wolfsburg he would stay too, but it's uncertain now.

Too bad that he is Milan fan actually and that we aren't linked to him. And he is pretty wise guy and I'm sure that he will chose team who have good coach at the hel, coach that will help him to improve.

P.S. I'm not Dzeko's fan boy but I know much about him, mostly cuz he is one of the closest cousin to my friend, and he is also great friend still from the school to one of my friends and they speak regulary to each other.

Jul 21, 2006
Why don't we just keep Paolucci as the 4th striker if we are looking for a downgrade to our current attack line.

unless we are going to play 433 next season, otherwise it just doesn't make sense at all to buy Quag.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
We have a verbal agreement with Udinese for Quag and D'Agostino according to some "guru" at VS. 18m+Paolucci is mentioned.

Normally I wouldn't believe it, but with Lippi seeming to have some kind of influence on the club, especially now that Ferrara is here, there might be some truth in this. Not to mention that Cobolli recently said good things about Quag.

I'm not liking it at all. D'Ago is pretty decent, he had a great season, but heck even Almiron was more proven when we signed him. Almiron was one of the best midfielders in Serie A in his last 2 seasons at Empoli. I think we'd be making the same mistake. If he can continue this seasons form he'd be great though, but I doubt it.

About Quag, well IMO he's very average and I wouldn't want him in Juve.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
We have a verbal agreement with Udinese for Quag and D'Agostino according to some "guru" at VS. 18m+Paolucci is mentioned.

Normally I wouldn't believe it, but with Lippi seeming to have some kind of influence on the club, especially now that Ferrara is here, there might be some truth in this. Not to mention that Cobolli recently said good things about Quag.

I'm not liking it at all. D'Ago is pretty decent, he had a great season, but heck even Almiron was more proven when we signed him. Almiron was one of the best midfielders in Serie A in his last 2 seasons at Empoli. I think we'd be making the same mistake. If he can continue this seasons form he'd be great though, but I doubt it.

average players!!!

juveBIH

Jun 20, 2006
Bla bla bla,time will tell......until now Bosnia never had a WC player,neither will so soon. Bundesliga flashes are top of the crop for them. Anywhere he goes he'll sit on bench and spend his career as Bremen's Pizzaro....flop anywhere except Wolfsburg.

I'll take your bet,name your stakes....

yea ur wrong there budy dont forget that alot of croatian players they r half bosnian ok so dont b so proud google it ok

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I played ODP, made regional pool once and was on the Ohio ODP team. That's about as far as I got towards the US national team...

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

yea ur wrong there budy dont forget that alot of croatian players they r half bosnian ok so dont b so proud google it ok
Leave him. He's lost any shred of credibility while claiming Trezeguet is not a football player.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

:scared: :wallbang: No, no, and No!!! Why waste 18 million on 2 very average players?! They will add nothing to our existing set-up. :( We already have enough average and mediocre players in our team (Molinaro, Knezevic, Sali, Marchionni, and the list goes on). What we need are difference makers. I would take that 18 million, add a few more, and buy both a quality RB and a promising & talented CB.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
My main problem with Quag is regarding the value he could add to this forward line. We have a good variety of skills in that line and if they are all fit and used correctly could break any defense any day.

I don't know whether he could fill any of the gaps if either Trezi or Vinny leave as he isn't a goal scorer or hard worker who just keeps running.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
I think that the squad selection tomorrow will doubtless give us a clear indication about Ferrara's position on Trezeguet.

Of course if Ciro is not retained as coach then it wouldn't be of any real consequence. I still believe that the change from Ranieri to Ferrara should have re-energized David and he may quickly return to the form that characterized 95% of his time at the club. I still think he has a fair bit to offer the club.

If there's a consensus at the club that he should be moved on, then I can see two, possibly three, new attackers arriving and Iaquinta leaving as well.

I think that we may see in total around 8 fresh faces arriving in Turin before mid-August. Two, Diego and Cannavaro, appear to be in the bag. Gaetano D'Agostino appears to be a strong possibility, as do Lavezzi and Quagliarella. Add to that Criscito's likely return and a new right back and we are set for a Spring/Summer that will prove to be hectic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)