vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't see why paratici is so hated, he had one summer and in theory those players he brought in should be performing better
I do agree it's about time we stop going cheap in the midfield, we need to spend big and get the right players

Too many of our midfielders are one gear players, just slow
Moreover, a lot of these players are leftover from the Marotta era and their careers are ending. Other than Bentancur, we didn't really invest in a lot of younger players during Marotta's last couple years, apart than the ones we sold off for capital gains. At least Paratici has brought in De Ligt, Demiral, and Rabiot instead of a bunch of average, hard working Italians.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Moreover, a lot of these players are leftover from the Marotta era and their careers are ending. Other than Bentancur, we didn't really invest in a lot of younger players during Marotta's last couple years, apart than the ones we sold off for capital gains. At least Paratici has brought in De Ligt, Demiral, and Rabiot instead of a bunch of average, hard working Italians.
Definitely was a big mess to clean up

That's why I don't think all the blame is on him
He needs time, we already know he has an eye for good young talent

That's why I don't understand those who want Marotta back

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I agree that, since his "takeover" from Marotta (if we start at summer 2018 as i assume some of that action happened before Beppe was officially gone) the club have made what at the time looked to be some very good signings. However, it is hard to ignore the substantial decline in actual performance on the pitch. He is sporting director no? And the club, performance and results wise, has nosedived since he has taken over.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Wasn't Fabio considered the great mastermind behind all the Beppe's deals back then? Wasn't it the reason why many fans were excited when he was put in charge when Marotta left the club? There's no reason to separate his responsibility from Beppe's when they worked together. He was a head of scouting, after all, which means a lot of mediocre signings were approved and recommended by him too.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't see why paratici is so hated, he had one summer and in theory those players he brought in should be performing better
I do agree it's about time we stop going cheap in the midfield, we need to spend big and get the right players

Too many of our midfielders are one gear players, just slow
I won't go through a lot of analysis as to why he is a fraud except for one reason. This recent winter window where he was satisfied with the team and went and burned a hell of a crunch of our budget for next season without knowing what we are going to need, who our coach is going to be or if the player he bought is actually good enough for the team.

Oct 23, 2011
I blame this mess of a team on him, not Sarri.

I blame marotta for leaving him with this midfield.

he had a summer to address it and he waits for winter to be a player and leaves him at Parma
Though I absoluyely agree, this team is definitely more capable than what's its showing now. Other than the RB position, we are stronger than we were last year and if it wasnt it for the penalty + red card not given in Amsterdam and the injury crisis we had around that period, we would be facing IMO a pretty average Tottenham in the semis. Right now we are at the brink of elimination against a midtable squad from the Ligue 1 and in a neck and neck race in the serie a with 2 squads that have no business competing with us. That's 100% on the coach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)