vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I wish Agnelli would plusvalenza Tootsie and Goldilocks. I guess we need to keep Goldilocks because of Raiola, but if we bring in Pogba come summer, can we terminate his contract? Are of of Raiola's other clients of interest/importance to us? :boh:

dryatson

Feb 2, 2020
Remember lots of people here considered this guy was the real master of all big transfers from Pirlo, Vidal, Pogba etc. but Beppe got the credit?
I was always sceptical about this well spread opinion...

The fact is Marotta will get the Scudetto this year (a guy Juventus sacked) with Conte as a head coach (the guy Juventus refused), while Paratici and Nedved will remain at the management (the guys who screwed up the depth of the team and were unable to fix midfield problem since 3 years).

Yeah...

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
If only he could plusvalenza Sarri
I'm not trying to add insult to injury (I wrote these 2 words and the picture of spitting Douglas Costa automatically popped up in my head), but Juventus did plusvalenza Sarri - for Chelsea. It should never be forgotten that the management was so desperate to get Sarri that they even paid to buy out his contract.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I'm not trying to add insult to injury (I wrote these 2 words and the picture of spitting Douglas Costa automatically popped up in my head), but Juventus did plusvalenza Sarri - for Chelsea. It should never be forgotten that the management was so desperate to get Sarri that they even paid to buy out his contract.
I was thinking the same thing today. Chelsea wouldn't have believed their luck that we were stupid enough to pay money for a coach they were about to sack.

Apr 19, 2007
I was always sceptical about this well spread opinion...

The fact is Marotta will get the Scudetto this year (a guy Juventus sacked) with Conte as a head coach (the guy Juventus refused), while Paratici and Nedved will remain at the management (the guys who screwed up the depth of the team and were unable to fix midfield problem since 3 years).

Yeah...
3 years in charge? 2. Also can we establish the fact that we bought De Ligt,Demiral,Romero,Ramsey,Rabiot, Kulu, and that one forward I forgot his name. Ronald or something. Say what you want but hes completely rebuilt the squad and made it younger. while adding quality that can play or be sold for a profit(Can).

Conte turned his back on us in an abrupt decision and Im ok with not taking him back

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I think he went for Ndombele and Poba but couldnt deliver. Also hes been in charge a year. He has brought us Ronaldo, the hottest cb in the world, Rabiot who was a great coup, and other reinforcements. Hes not terrble if he gets us a big name this summer but if our mid looks no different then I would start to lose faith. Sarri is his big move. We will see at seasons end how that one looks
He was signed during Beppes time at the club, but it was AA who made it happen. For Ronaldo you send out your top dog, that's why Agnelli went to get him and that's why Stu 1st went out to greet him when he arrived on the training ground

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
He didnt "Brougth us Ronaldo"...

Mendes, who is Ronaldo's manager, offer Ronaldo to Paratici, he did all the work, he convince Real to sold the player in the price we need it... what Paratici made as only to bring the idea and work as a "channel" between Mendes and Agnelli.... and may I also said... he did it behind the back of his boss (Marotta).

So...

Apr 19, 2007
lol So he did nothing good bc others did that for him but that bad stuff hes solely responsible for. The board works together obviously. Paratici doesnt come up with the budget on his own. Do you think Paratici could have offered 150 mil for Pogba if he wanted to? He just decided not to? Our financial growth has been pretty great and creative the last few years. Hopefully it doesnt implode on us. Ronaldo was a huge risk and if Paratici di it thats awesome. If Agnelli did it thats also awesome.
Either way it affects how Paratici does his job in the future.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
lol So he did nothing good bc others did that for him but that bad stuff hes solely responsible for. The board works together obviously. Paratici doesnt come up with the budget on his own. Do you think Paratici could have offered 150 mil for Pogba if he wanted to? He just decided not to? Our financial growth has been pretty great and creative the last few years. Hopefully it doesnt implode on us. Ronaldo was a huge risk and if Paratici di it thats awesome. If Agnelli did it thats also awesome.
Either way it affects how Paratici does his job in the future.
I didnt claim either of that you know. Paratici has his goods and bads, but he shouldnt have let Allegri go unless we got someone better in the bag. He also should have gotten a top class mid in the summer instead of playing FM plusvalenza. I understand he needs to fit everything into his budget but the one time he got a chance to sign a "opportunity" thats actually top class in eriksen, he let him go to our main rival. Eriksen and Haland went for ~Kulusevski money, now unless this kid turns into another de Bruyne, i think we might look back at this as an epic failure

Apr 19, 2007
I didnt claim either of that you know. Paratici has his goods and bads, but he shouldnt have let Allegri go unless we got someone better in the bag. He also should have gotten a top class mid in the summer instead of playing FM plusvalenza. I understand he needs to fit everything into his budget but the one time he got a chance to sign a "opportunity" thats actually top class in eriksen, he let him go to our main rival. Eriksen and Haland went for ~Kulusevski money, now unless this kid turns into another de Bruyne, i think we might look back at this as an epic failure
Haaland wasnt doable if his priority was playing time. Eriksen sucks especially ging to Inter. In the end though you have to judge on the team they are making and not on a single transfer target not coming. Im still not convinced Sarri is a failure yet but Im in the minority I know.

In the end he gets no credit for some incredible transfers last season while getting blamed for others and no credit on Ronaldo.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Should not be criticized for any serie a shortcomings, that's 100% on the coach
Is he not involved in acquiring the coach. If not, he at least acquired a set of players that don't really suit the coach and we're now stuck playing a shit formation (without the CAM or even CMs) required for it because the coach only plays two formations and his other formation requires wingers which we also don't have.

Not saying its 100% his fault but someone needs to recognize the mistakes here and not repeat them.

Considering the amount of money spent over the past few seasons and some of the current names in the team, is the team, overall, close to how good it should be? Do you think it will be that good at any point this season?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
CR7 was Tici's deal actually...
No, it was Mendes telling him that CR7 wanted to play for Juve. And Tici asking Agnelli if they could make the financials work. He didn’t go out and make an offer to Ronaldo and Madrid. Mendes had set up the agreement for a 100 mil fee with Madrid previously, Mendes reached out to Tootsie to offer CR7, and Tootsie played messenger boy to Agnelli to see if financials could work.

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless, Tootsie isn’t to blame if we fail to
win anything of note this year. The squad is easily good enough to win a domestic double and be competitive in CL, even with its shortcomings. Failure is on the coach. Tootsie needs to fix some issues this coming summer Mercato, but he has the summer to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 133)