Fabio Cannavaro (2 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Juve, sign Diarra, says Canna

Fabio Cannavaro has advised Juventus to raid Real Madrid again and sign Mali international midfielder Mahamadou Diarra.

Cannavaro re-joined Juventus on Tuesday, three years after leaving the club for Spain following the Calciopoli scandal.

According to the Italian Press, Cannavaro believes Diarra would form a formidable partnership with compatriot Momo Sissoko in central midfield.

Diarra signed for Real from Lyon for a fee of £26m three years ago and became a favourite of Fabio Capello, who was then in charge at the Bernabéu.

He became an integral part of Real's midfield and was seen as a crucial component in their championship winning sides in 2007 and 2008

The 28-year-old has made just nine appearances for Real this season, partly because of a serious knee injury he suffered while on international duty last October.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Shut the fuck up, Canna... there can only be one Momo in a team.

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
I don't want to be the one who defends Canna AGAIN but I read the interview on Marca and they basically asked him which players Real should sign and he answered that there are so many good players. So Marca made the question more precise (Which one from Barca? - Iniesta, Which one from Valencia? - Villa, etc.) and then they just asked him which player from Real he would like to take with him to Juve and he answered Diarra.

Fabio and Mahamadou are great friends, that was no transfer advise for Juve whatsoever... ;)

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Well, I'm sure Diarra would be better than a lot of the CMs we have....but I'd prefer someone more creative. Wouldn't be a bad signing though I guess...other than the fact he's coming off of a serious injury.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Has this not been posted?

Fabio Cannavaro on "Permette Signora": «I’m back to win»

A few days ago the club officially announced his return to Juventus. However, before getting back to wearing the black and white jersey, Fabio Cannavaro will have to finish his adventure at Real Madrid, a few matches which will end a three year parenthesis during which he won two championships.

As from July he will return for a new experience in Turin. As from the first day with the team he will be seeking to complete the mission “winning back the fans”. After having said so during the announcement of the contract having been signed, Cannavaro repeated his concept on “Permette Signora”, the magazine programme which will be aired on Sky Sport 1 (at 18:30 with a repeat at midnight): «Each persons either sees the glass half full or half empty. I see it as being half full. For the club it was a good deal since I was sold for an amount between 8 and 10 million but I am returning on a free contract and earning much less then before».

The recipe to get back to what he was three years ago and therefore an idol of the Juventus fans is already complete: «For a footballer the most important thing is doing his utmost and I have always done this. Obviously this is another Juve, another club. There will be a lot to work on but this does not frighten me. I will do my utmost and give my maximum professionalism. Then, rightly so, the supporter goes to the stadium and applauds what he liked and boos what he doesn’t. I will always respect everybody but will proceed on my path».

What is clear right from the start is his want of victory. «Fighting for the scudetto? I not why would I have returned…This is not only my objective but also of all the Juve supporters. We want to add another star. Everybody knows Juventus won 29 scudetti. We won them on the field even though the sport authorities handed them to other clubs for other situations. The most important objective is working to win. A club like Juventus must always aim at winning».

Is that we won the 29 scudetti thing sincere? I imagine he's doing his best to win back support from the fans.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
we have sissoko, zanetti and marchisio as CM that can actually do something. poulsen if he stays but we will still be thin in that department, no?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)