Fabio Cannavaro (7 Viewers)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
he's back, and I'm happy he's returning

I always had a feeling that if any of the "deserters" came back, it would most likely be him, but lets keep one thing in mind-

this team needed money, and the idiots running the club after Moggi and Co. resigned sold him because of that fact

Canna refused to play for any other Serie A team, unlike scumbags Zlatan and Vieira, who went straight to our worst enemy, Inter, who's owner masteminded Calciopoli
:agree:

although I dont liike the way he left (the whole saying I will stay even in serie c then accepting Madrids offer) I dont think he was fully to blame for his leaving. We were offered good money for a person over 30 so the board, who needed to sell some players decided to cash in on him and emerson rather than selling Chiellini and Camo. It makes complete sense.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
:agree:

although I dont liike the way he left (the whole saying I will stay even in serie c then accepting Madrids offer) I dont think he was fully to blame for his leaving. We were offered good money for a person over 30 so the board, who needed to sell some players decided to cash in on him and emerson rather than selling Chiellini and Camo. It makes complete sense.
Chiellini's market value at that time was probably like 1 million euros. But i do agree. we needed money bad at the time and the board played a huge part on his move to madrid. So i don't consider him as a traitor because he didn't leave for a rival like inter or milan, unlike zlatan and patrick. or stupid zambrotta who came back for milan.

May 22, 2007
Eℓvin;1997333 said:
Ale totally owned him in those two games :D
He always does this to Madrid.

Ale looks ready to pass the baby bottle there.
:D

I had it as avatar after the game.
I'm surprised I haven't seen it before then. Something like that I should remember quite clearly.

Both wins were my favourite games of the season though. Loved the reception Ale got when he came off in the second game as well :tup:

Gustav

Jul 20, 2008
he's back, and I'm happy he's returning

I always had a feeling that if any of the "deserters" came back, it would most likely be him, but lets keep one thing in mind-

this team needed money, and the idiots running the club after Moggi and Co. resigned sold him because of that fact
The team needed money yes, but I remember vividly that Cannavaro was one of the players Deschamps and the board wanted to keep, to have a leader and a experienced player at the back. But Cannavaro wanted to play at the highest level and try to win the CL.

I have nothing against him coming back though.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I do not know, but the second from the right looks like del piero :lol:
It is Del Piero indeed, as their height difference is no more than 1-2 cm. For a second i thought that guy on left may be Gigi, but only the upper part of the guys face looks like Gigi. Interesting pic anyway :)

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
It is Del Piero indeed, as their height difference is no more than 1-2 cm. For a second i thought that guy on left may be Gigi, but only the upper part of the guys face looks like Gigi. Interesting pic anyway :)
THe guy on the left is Delvecchio, guy on the right - no idea.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Gigi can't be serving at the same time as Del Piero and Canna, he's like 4 years younger than them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)