[Europe League] JUVENTUS vs Salzburg (4-Nov-2010) (3 Viewers)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
The players seemed uninterested - I am disappointed in Marchisio this season - he has shown no leadership in midfield at all
has NEVER shown me any natural leadership zeal...his form has been hit and miss this season, not helped by his usage to help de ceglie and plug the left flank. Sometimes he has beautiful technique, sometimes he seems like a ghost...rarely makes horrible errors, but its these anonymous performances which are most worrying. Once we have a fit left winger, i hope we stick with the increasingly successful Big Phil/ Albert combination in the middle...Claudio can start from the bench, try impress when he comes on, wherever that my be on the field...

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I had big hopes for Marchisio but as of now he seems like a ghost and I think Aquilani and Melo should start in the center, and Marchi on the left. Once we find a natural left winger Marchi should be benched until he proves otherwise.

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
Juventinopoli Scandal

A new scandal arise in Italian Serie A. Over the pass three years, Moratti was said to be bribing Juventus' doctors and medical team to prescribe the wrong medicines and therapy which is damaging to the players' health and physical conditions. The main notion behind this motion is to make sure that Juventus rarely has a full team to field and to make sure that the important players are injured most of the time.

This has also caused many other footballers to re-think about joining Juventus as it may damage their career and health. But, as it stands, Juventus board has done nothing about it and chose to stand by their medical team.

"The medical team is doing a great job and we are standing by them" they released a statement on their website.

But, over the years, some of Juventus key players are getting more and more unhealthy. Gigi Buffon has been injured a number of times. The same goes to Trezeguet and Camoranesi, who has decided to leave the club due to the reason.

Both Trezeguet and Camoranesi are performing very well for their new clubs and have not had an injury since.

What is most shocking is that the Juventus directors actually let this happen for the pass 3-4 years without knowing about it or suspecting anything about it. Stupidity or trust? You decide

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
Juventinopoli Scandal

A new scandal arise in Italian Serie A. Over the pass three years, Moratti was said to be bribing Juventus' doctors and medical team to prescribe the wrong medicines and therapy which is damaging to the players' health and physical conditions. The main notion behind this motion is to make sure that Juventus rarely has a full team to field and to make sure that the important players are injured most of the time.

This has also caused many other footballers to re-think about joining Juventus as it may damage their career and health. But, as it stands, Juventus board has done nothing about it and chose to stand by their medical team.

"The medical team is doing a great job and we are standing by them" they released a statement on their website.

But, over the years, some of Juventus key players are getting more and more unhealthy. Gigi Buffon has been injured a number of times. The same goes to Trezeguet and Camoranesi, who has decided to leave the club due to the reason.

Both Trezeguet and Camoranesi are performing very well for their new clubs and have not had an injury since.

What is most shocking is that the Juventus directors actually let this happen for the pass 3-4 years without knowing about it or suspecting anything about it. Stupidity or trust? You decide
o dear....our directors....MOGGI PLEASE COME

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
We hired all new medical staff in the summer.

Well we sucked but let's be honest so many key players were missing and we had chances
to win the game that could of ended in the back of the net on another night, we should forget about Europe for the time being our squad cannot cope with both competitions at the moment.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
At times, we really are a poor team. At the risk of repeating myself: when & if we give our all, we can pretty much beat everyone. But we are just not good enough to win games based on talent or quality of the squad alone. This has very little, if anything, to do with injuries.

I guess we just don't care about the EL, which is a shame. But then why did we even bother to get through the preliminaries?

Storari 6 - Did his job
Motta 5 - Pretty poor as usual. No disasters though.
Legrottaglie 6 - Probably our best player. Which tells you everything you need to know.
Bonucci 6 - Decent enough.
Pepe 5,5 - Ok at the back, but useless when he switched positions.
Krasic 5 - Poor. Barely got involved, looked uninterested.
Sissoko 5,5 - Poor at the start, but improved.
Giandonato 5 - Extremely hesitant to get involved. Seemed calm though.
Marchisio 5,5 - Rather poor, but still one of the most important players on the pitch.
Del Piero 4 - Poor touches, mostly bad free kicks.
Amauri 3 - No comment.

Buchel 5 - Sloppy & insecure.
Liviero 5 - First impression was good, what followed wasn't.
Giannetti -

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
I would say that Pepe was out best player last night. The only one that showed any heart. But that was when he was fullback.

I would have liked to see Giannetti earlier. The other three weren't very good.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
BF pretty much wrapped it up.

CL qualification + proper investment in the team + new stadium will be the three keys for seeing a better Juve in Europe next season IMO.

Right now, we simply cant complete on 3 fronts.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Look, it's pretty simple here. If we don't want to advance from this competition, then simply field the entire youth squad or submit a proposal to UEFA to get out of participating. There isn't a point in playing a tournament we don't want to win, and it doesn't look like we want the extra revenue from it either. From a marketing perspective, such a performance is like a political ad you issue with your candidate running around a playground with his pants off. It's incredibly embarrassing. And it won't do anything to acquire more fans. So why even bother with it.

And lets not try to put a positive 1984-like spin on this and say it's a good thing to be knocked out of a competition. Losing never builds confidence, and neither does playing poorly against a team we should beat. So lets not celebrate this as some folks were in the match thread.
Agree, especially with the second part, I would also field an even more changed lineup as long as it doesn't affect sponsorship deals etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)