[Europa League] Shamrock Rovers 0-2 JUVENTUS (July 29th, 2010) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
no disrespect here but we are juve,and you are shamrock.no matter how bravely you'll fight,you'll end up well beaten...some folks have forgotten who we really are and what we represent....

claiming that shamrock would give us a hard time is like i say that paok(who will play vs ajax on wednesday) will beat them 5-0 in amsterdam.
My thoughts exactly, Luke...I was reading over some of the lunacy in this thread, and trying to reason out the concerns, in light of last season's woeful showing. But I cannot get past the fact that if my other team, the mighty Gillingham, were playing Shamrock, that I would be expecting a win.

true enough anything can happen in a football match, but...for shamrock to grab anything from this first game, on their own patch, we will need to play with zero determination, zero passion, zero talent, from storari to trez, right through the team...for even chiellini alone playing well, would be enough to cruch them, both offensively and defensively.

Anything less than a 2-3 goal victory will be an abject failure, but enough.

i can not recall a time in my history of following Juve when other juve supporters were apparently concerned about a trip to play against irish minnows like shamrock.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Why would the Rover's fans be pissed? I mean this is a Juventus forum what do they expect?

They are more then welcome here but of course we are going to rag on the opposition a bit. On their forum I'm sure they are discussing how those dirty cheating Ities are going to dive their way to victory.

Of course we should welcome fans of other teams here and treat them with respect so long as they don't support Barca, Manure, Madrid or one of the Meelans.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Why would the Rover's fans be pissed? I mean this is a Juventus forum what do they expect?

They are more then welcome here but of course we are going to rag on the opposition a bit.
I wasn't being entirely serious.;)

Get dole cheque, go to pub, get fucking plastered. Go back home, beat your wife. You're a Dublin bastard. :scarf:

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
no disrespect here but we are juve,and you are shamrock.no matter how bravely you'll fight,you'll end up well beaten...some folks have forgotten who we really are and what we represent....

claiming that shamrock would give us a hard time is like i say that paok(who will play vs ajax on wednesday) will beat them 5-0 in amsterdam.
+rep

Shamrock rovers.. seriously?

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Juve should get out of this stupid cup since it is not the level of juve to be in this micky mouse cup and to concentrate on competing in Serie A.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Or you're actually a Shamrock fan so naturally you'd want Juve to "get out of this stupid cup".

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
About Rovers:

Rovers, who play in green and white hooped shirts, are the most successful team in Irish football history and have collected 15 league titles as well as winning the Irish Cup 24 times.

But they have struggled over the last two decades. It is 16 years since they last won the league and they spent 22 years without a home following the sale of their stadium to property developers.

Rovers finally moved into the 6,000-capacity Tallaght Stadium in 2009 and that tiny arena will be packed to the rafters as fans clamour to see one of European football’s aristocracy.

The current Irish league leaders stand to make around 700,000 from the tie and, after years in the wilderness, O’Neill believes the Juventus clash is a reward for everyone who fought to keep the club alive.

“This club stayed alive because of people’s love for it. They refused, under any circumstances, to let the club die,” O’Neill told the Irish Independent.

“That’s why nights like this are fantastic for those people. When you come to Rovers you can sense what it means to the club, what it means to bring success to the club and the players are desperate for that.”

While the chance to take on Juventus is a red-letter day in the club’s history, it is not the first time they have played in Europe.

Former Leeds and Republic of Ireland star Johnny Giles, arguably the club’s most famous manager, masterminded the club’s record European win – a 7-0 success against Fram Reykjavik in 1982.

A repeat of that scoreline against Juve would be too much to ask for, but Republic of Ireland coach Giovanni Trapattoni – a former Juventus manager – has no doubts O’Neill’s side will put up a good fight.

“Man for man Juventus have better quality players,” he said. “But Shamrock Rovers are well organised and will be motivated as they are in the middle of their season.

“I am sure Juventus will not underestimate them. If Rovers are not overawed by the challenge, then they have a chance.”

AFP
And this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...bine-to-take-on-juventus-in-the-europa-league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)