[Europa League] Manchester City v JUVENTUS (Sept. 30th 2010) (5 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Mancini: Boateng could start euro tie

Roberto Mancini is debating whether to hand Jerome Boateng his first Manchester City start in Thursday's Europa League tie with Juventus at Eastlands.
Boateng finally made his debut as a late substitute in Saturday's win over Chelsea after an injury-plagued start to life at City.
The 22-year-old £10.4million signing from Hamburg was due to make a late return for pre-season training anyway after starring in Germany's run to the World Cup semi-finals.
But he aggravated a knee injury in a bizarre collision with an in-flight meals trolley last month, condemning him to a further period of rehabilitation.
Only last week was Boateng able to join the City squad in training and he was far from fully fit on Saturday, meaning Mancini preferred to use him off the bench. However, with Juventus due in Manchester later this week and then Newcastle on Sunday, the Blues boss is deciding what route to take next.
"Maybe Boateng will get a start," said Mancini. "He needs to take things very softly because I don't think he is quite ready yet. He needs to work and train."

Eurosport

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Who's playing in their defence? names please
This will be City's probable lineup

Hart

Boyata - Toure - Kompany - Zabaleta

Toure - De Jong - Barry

Milner - Tevez - Silva​

vs

Del Piero(C) - Iaquinta

Pepe - Marchisio - Melo - Krasic

Grygera - Chiellini - Bonucci - Rinaudo/Motta

Storari​

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
BTW how's Ale doing vs. British teams in the last...5 years? I think his last good performance was against the United in the OT Stadium (Friendly) 2 years ago, when he got a standing ovation. Am i right?
I would say good.

Apart from Man Utd standing ovation, he played pretty well against Chelsea under Ranieri scoring a goal though from penalty and playing decent at Stamford Bridge.

He has always impressed against the English teams, minus the Capello times when Capello didn't play him except for the L'Pool away match (in which he also scored a valid header goal) but the ref canceled it.

Aug 17, 2007
This will be City's probable lineup

Hart

Boyata - Toure - Kompany - Zabaleta

Toure - De Jong - Barry

Milner - Tevez - Silva​

vs

Del Piero(C) - Iaquinta

Pepe - Marchisio - Melo - Krasic

Grygera - Chiellini - Bonucci - Rinaudo/Motta

Storari​
It'll be a tough one, definitely.

I remember Ale did well vs. British team in the 90's and the early years of the previous decade, but i kind of forgot about his performances recently...

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
'10: Fulham 4-1 Juventus
'08: Chelsea 1-0 Juventus
'06: Arsenal 2-0 Juventus
'05: Liverpool 2-1 Juventus
'03: Man Utd 2-1 Juventus
'02: Newcastle 1-0 Juventus
'01: Arsenal 3-1 Juventus
'01: Celtic 4-3 Juventus
'99: Man Utd 1-1 Juventus
'97: Man Utd 3-2 Juventus

Hands up, who's still confident?

Fuck we suck in Britain. I would absolutely love a draw.

I remember that 2-1 loss to ManUre back in '03, if I remember correctly some hectic virus/flu wiped our squad out and we were missing many regulars. Im pretty sure Chimenti played in goals?

And I also remember us losing 3-0 at home to those cunts.

EDIT: And yes curiosity got the better of me and I dug up the lineup

Juventus (4-5-1): Chimenti; Pessotto, Ferrara, Montero, Zenoni; Camoranesi, Nedved, Tacchinardi, Davids, Zalayeta; Trezeguet (Olivera, 66).

Not a bad lineup at all (compared to what we field now), but we were missing Zambrotta, Thuram, Buffon, Del Piero etc. According to the match report we actually werent too bad, and we didnt struggle too much in the game

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Fuck we suck in Britain. I would absolutely love a draw.

I remember that 2-1 loss to ManUre back in '03, if I remember correctly some hectic virus/flu wiped our squad out and we were missing many regulars. Im pretty sure Chimenti played in goals?

And I also remember us losing 3-0 at home to those cunts.

EDIT: And yes curiosity got the better of me and I dug up the lineup

Juventus (4-5-1): Chimenti; Pessotto, Ferrara, Montero, Zenoni; Camoranesi, Nedved, Tacchinardi, Davids, Zalayeta; Trezeguet (Olivera, 66).

Not a bad lineup at all (compared to what we field now), but we were missing Zambrotta, Thuram, Buffon, Del Piero etc. According to the match report we actually werent too bad, and we didnt struggle too much in the game
Yeah we had a flu crisis, even many of those who played were struggling, but UEFA wouldn't postpone the match :rolleyes:

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Milner is the one I'm more bothered about, looking at how dreadfully we are dealing with crosses.
he is def the one who worries me but in all honesty its there midfield that highlights there abilities. control the midfield and we should be alright, provided our complete back line give in the best display in 4 years!

By far our toughest match, im expecting a lesson from city
i dont think they will teach us any lessons, but we sure as hell better be ready and cautious when we play them bec there forwards can do a lot of damage.

i dont know about u guys but there back four are not easy to crack if u ask me, i feel they r being under-rated here. i would'nt mind drawing against them goals can wait until we play them in turin but this coming game would be awesome if we manage to draw them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)