[Europa League] JUVENTUS vs Lech Poznan (Sept. 16th 2010)) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
At least Del Neri is aware of the weaknesses unlike Zacc and Ranieri who would have said "we showed character"
:tup:

Once we win a game, I think we will be fine.

Its a matter of showing ourselves that we can, IMO. Obviously, defense needs to be sorted.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
yes i was sure that he will say we had a great game but were unlucky to draw just like Ciro and Zac us to saw.
although pointing out the problem is just the first step, he have to address it and fix the wholes in our games

Zidaninho

Aug 31, 2010

Its a matter of showing ourselves that we can, IMO. Obviously, defense needs to be sorted.
That's the thing - if we win 3-0 or so, it has the potential to really uplift the season for the next few months.

If not, it will be last season all over again.

I guess it's good that they haven't got our hopes up with a few early wins like they did last season. Bit less painful that way :)

Udine win is a MUST!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

It will take more than one match. We saw it last year. We'll need a string of positive results while showing improved performances to build confidence.

Juve11

Mar 3, 2008
Pepe must play left back. Untill Traore is fit or

Chellini to LB and Lega in the centre, I don't like this BUT

De Ceglie is the not very good (that is being nice).

He lets people cross the ball in with no pressure, he looses players that are behind him!

It makes it way to hard for the CB when players are running at them from angles or good quality crosses are coming in all the time!

Zidaninho

Aug 31, 2010
01/10/10 UEL Manchester City vs Juventus

04/10/10 SEA Internazionale vs Juventus

The way we are going, it could be a very very painful first week of October!

If they don't string a couple of wins before these games then God help us!

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Let's be brief: absolutely dreadful game, fair result. I saw a lot of positives against Samp, very few last night.
The team, just like most of the forum, completely underestimated the opposition. That's how it goes, I guess.

Manninger 5 - Very insecure.
Grygera 5 - Mediocre.
Legrottaglie 5 - Mediocre.
Chiellini 8,5 - Massive game at the back, covered for everyone. And decisive up front.
De Ceglie 5,5 - Mostly decent.
Krasic 6 - Dangerous but sloppy.
Sissoko 6 - At times amazing, at other times rather poor.
Melo 5 - Liability.
Lanzafame 4 - Poor.
Del Piero 7 - Sloppy, slow, selfish. But decisive.
Iaquinta 4 - Poor.

Motta 4,5 - Didn't do enough with the space he was given. Overall poor positioning.
Pepe 5 - Very little impact.
Marchisio -

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
That's the thing - if we win 3-0 or so, it has the potential to really uplift the season for the next few months.

If not, it will be last season all over again.

Udine win is a MUST!

Are you kidding? how can you possibly assume this team not conceding?
The problem's been issued and it's obvious that the only solution for any fluent 4-4-2 to work is aquilani-marchisio which won't work bcuz it will be consistently interrupted due to injuries/disqualifications so
The solution -as ugly as it seems- is Red's: sitting way back with two DFs, sending long balls to strikers in hope of free kicks or moments of ingenuity from DP.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Let's be brief: absolutely dreadful game, fair result. I saw a lot of positives against Samp, very few last night.
The team, just like most of the forum, completely underestimated the opposition. That's how it goes, I guess.
Sure, it's not as if Poland is Liechtenstein, but regardless, they weren't a Serie A standard team from the way they defended and we should have won by a couple of goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)