[Europa League] JUVENTUS vs Lech Poznan (Sept. 16th 2010)) (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
The problem is a succession of managers incapable of inspiring people.

DD could do it, nobody since can.

We'll never get back to being a European giant without a European quality manager.

Don Trap makes our previous 4 managers look like Phil Brown.
You hit it on the head, the teamsheet doesnt look bad, you can bet your arse that if these players went elsewhere theyd do a better job when facing a sides like lech.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I just want a fully fit, well familarised group of players on the pitch. If we played Aquilani, Bonucci, Motta, an in form Marchisio, Pepe, Amauri and DP/Quag we would be a completely different team. Hopefully Del Neri start playing them and they get used to each other in the next week or so.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
I just want a fully fit, well familarised group of players on the pitch. If we played Aquilani, Bonucci, Motta, an in form Marchisio, Pepe, Amauri and DP/Quag we would be a completely different team. Hopefully Del Neri start playing them and they get used to each other in the next week or so.

Buffon
Motta-Bonnucci-Chiellini-PDC
Krasic-Aqua-Melo-Martinez
Quag-Amauri​

The best solution imo, and you know what? it will not happen.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008

Buffon
Motta-Bonnucci-Chiellini-PDC
Krasic-Aqua-Melo-Martinez
Quag-Amauri​

The best solution imo, and you know what? it will not happen.
Pretty much. Except the jury is still out on Martinez for LW. It better start happening, I pray to god. Melo - Sissoko is a disaster it changes the whole dynamic of the team.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Overall rating - 4.5

Manninger - 4.5 - couldn't particularly do anything on any of the goals conceded, especially the second as 3/4th of his defence sat by idly watching the goal as if it were a shooting gallery. poor when claiming the ball in the air, didn't inspire confidence from the back.
De Ceglie - 3.5 - fullback is our weakest position, but this guy really takes it to another depth of depravity. to think, he earns more than the vast majority of the positive members of society. can make the occasional decent cross, but he fails in all other aspects.
Grygera - 4 - marginally better than De Ceglie, but this doesn't say much. caught out of position quite often, doesn't contribute going forward to even make up for suspect defending.
Chiellini - 8.5 - hero. it comes across as cheesy or tedious to repeat, but this guy is a juventus legend in the making. make no mistake about this. marchisio a future captain? no chance with chiellini in the team. he bleeds the club colours. the only one to give a shit and carry the team on his back. always a threat in the air (not a long shot to predict him being one of our top scorers by season's close), and so bloody solid at the back. exceptional today. really.
Legrottaglie - 4.5 - didn't do much besides look sloppy and embarrassing when next to the aforementioned. caught ball watching and out of position. i don't trust him to be even fourth choice cb. frustratingly kept launching aimless long balls up front, effectively ruining our "possession" time and time again. time to retire, i'd wager.
Sissoko - 4 - this guy is an embarrassment. he can be summed up by (+1 -1 = 0). steals a ball? gives it away immediately. makes a bit of a nice run? fucks it up inevitably. makes a good tackle? either gives the ball away needlessly or tries to get fancy and fails. extremely poor decision making when it comes to tackling. how many times has he been booked for ugly fouls in the middle of the park for no reason at all? don't rate him in the slightest. sell him asap.
Melo - 4.5 - this guy needs a brain transplant, as his is perpetually malfunctioning at inopportune times. consistently unpredictable, as it were. gave away a penalty, but made a few nice moves, passes, and other assorted things.
Lanzafame - 3.5 - had a stinker. first touch of a donkey, can't pass, can't shoot, can't dribble. nothing more to say.
Krasic - 6 - wasn't as influential as the previous game, but he's a bright spot, regardless. constantly blowing by his man, getting into dangerous positions, making the nice incisive balls. 90 minutes of energy and effort. already our signing of the summer. imagine a proper team around him?
Del Piero - 5.5 for the game, 6.5 for the wonder goal - fairly anonymous most of the game, had a decent free kick or two, but didn't do much beyond scoring a 35 meter bomb. i'm sure many people will give him some ridiculous rating like an 8, just for that, and excuse the otherwise forgettable performance.
Iaquinta - 4 - awful performance. can't get into a threatening position to save his life, can't hold up the ball, can't make that final pass when we're crowding the box. looked more interested in sticking to his defender than getting away from him. where were his runs (his saving grace)? looked out of form and tired, so perhaps that's a mitigating factor.

Motta - 5 - made a few great forward runs (in particular, late in the second half, where he used Krasic's favourite maneuver to get around his opposition). a couple of alright crosses. suspect defending, otherwise.
Pepe - 5 - added some needed energy, made a nice move or two actually, but didn't have enough time to really leave an impression.
Marchisio - 4 - lame. highlight was giving away the ball to give the opposition an extremely dangerous counter. consistently nothing special. no way does he deserve a pay bump.

---

closing thoughts. what did we expect when we have a team built from the top down with provincial parts? what did we expect when we haven't put in any significant investment at fullback in how many years now? freebies, cheap solutions and loans. it's no surprise we leak like a cheap tampon. we'll struggle this whole season.

Adluc1

Aug 30, 2010
This defence will be gang raped by any good team. I don't even want to think about what Tevez and company will do.

What's worse is that after the game I saw the same hung heads and expressions as last season...

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
i have a question for the professed geniuses here, when a player comes back from injury can they play their first game in its entirety?
With these type of players we have, they won't make a difference even if they are injury free. A team that depend on an incosistent 36 years old player to lift them up, has no place among the big boys like lech

Aug 17, 2007
Another thing- i don't give a fuck about the lose of 2 points. We'll finish first or second in this group, i'm sure. It's just that the team needed the win to reduce pressure...and now we'll come to Udine with a lot of pressure and i hate this

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Pretty much. Except the jury is still out on Martinez for LW. It better start happening, I pray to god. Melo - Sissoko is a disaster it changes the whole dynamic of the team.
Well he is better than Lanza and tbh I'll never put Poope's name on my teamsheet.

Sissoko is the medical cure for football.
I'm honestly at breaking point with club football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)