[Europa League] JUVENTUS 2-1 Lyon (April 10th 2014) (3 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Chiellini

• Bonucci

• Asamoah

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Vidal

• Isla

• Tevez

• Mirko

Results are only viewable after voting.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
First of all because they put 3 goals and they put goals like nothing.Thats why.Why is Porto weaken?
Second Valencia is way better.
Third also Benfica is better than us.
Thats is just my opinion .I dont expect that anyone will agree with me.
I love Juve utmost.Thats why I am so pissed off.
But we will be tore apart if we play like today .
No way that we will be EL champions.
I will be utmost happy if we won scudetto with this kind of display.
First was tiredness,then MENTAL tiredness....,and so on,so on......
We are just sucking at this stage.
We will be happy if we win scudetto.Mark my words.Probably we will.
porto were missing key players tonight, they had absolutely no goal threat tonight whilst defensively they were comical and without fernando they had even less defensive cover.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Our tactics are all wrong.

Slow motion lethargic displays won't beat a pub side, let alone a strong European one in EL semis.

It's not necessarily the formation, though it does play a role, it's more the tactics. For one, our players are always maintaining the exact shape in attack. It gives the defence nothing to think about, as you always know exactly where your man is going to be. If this wasn't bad enough, our passing is so slow that it's almost in rewind. Again, it hardly threatens the defence. To make things worse, we have all but given up on pressuring the opposition as a team when defending, we just hang back waiting for them to get real close to the box or give the ball away.

Conte needs to mix things up a bit, if not in formations, then at least in speeding up plays at times and allowing players more movement in attack.

Aug 1, 2003
So excited like we won CL.So fucking pathetic .Beating Lyon who is playing without 5 first team players.Sevilla and Valencia will tore us apart.Think whatever you think.There is no excuse .We are no Europe material.At least not now.
wow seriously? wrong for them to celebrate? a win's a win. either way celebrations like that show that they are capable of feeling gratification when we win, and that's important. stop being such a whiner

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
boring display...

havent relly followed up on whos through or not but either way the teams left play something more resembling football than that tripe we play...we will be on the defensive quite a bit and concede alot of possession part because we cant go toe to toe but because we needlessly and carelessly hand over the ball...we have zero ideas of what we want to do with the ball...

i love my team

- - - Updated - - -

in what way are sevilla more european material than Juve? what because they destroyed a weakened porto side?
because they play proper football first things first. u guys talk bout everthing else but what goes on on the field.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Not bad buddy. Woke up early to watch the game, couldn't get back to sleep, now tired as fuck. At least I have the day off today though :)
Just give it an hour or two, you'll be fine. Once you approach the hours you would normally be awake, the tiredness should be gone. I'd advice you to do that instead of giving in to the current tiredness.

I'm a nightowl veteran, been struggling with this shit all my life :lol2:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Sometimes I think 'Tuz fans think that other teams are not playing to win also...

We're into the SFs in Europa. We beat Fiorentina and Lyon to get there. Of the teams progressing to SF, we had, by far the toughest opponents. We won 3-1 on aggregate here, and 2-1 against Fiorentina after having gone into the away leg in a poor position. We're doing well. This was always going to be a tough match with the way Lyon man-marked us and ran their socks off. We've had a bit of an injury crisis through February and March, meaning a lot of our starters did not get much rest, so of course we're tired. So are other teams who have had injury troubles. We're still winning though. On pace for 98-100 points in league, and in Europa semi-finals.

Teams don't see that they're playing Juventus in Europe and just roll over and play dead. Not even Bayern, or Barca, or Madrid inspire this. Everyone is playing to win in Europe. In the league, often teams play for draws away from home, (besides us and a couple other frontrunners), in knockout, everyone is trying to win obviously. Real Madrid was knocked out of UCL 6 years in a row in the round of 16 including Ronaldo's first year, and against much weaker sides often.

The Atletico Madrid people are all obsessed about, played Europa last year, and got knocked out by Rubin, in the round of 32. Europa League, round of 32, Rubin. And this was under Simeone. Talk about embarrassing. This year, they're doing fantastic. Good for them. But don't act like Simeone is some kind of god because he has had the good fortune of having some of the best strikers in Europe fall in his lap, and has had great success this year, as opposed to a piss-poor year last year.

Everyone plays to win. Sometimes good teams get upset by lesser teams. Unfortunately this happened to us in the group stage this year. However, we're doing very well in the EL. Maybe take some pride in your club's accomplishments, rather than behaving like spoilt children, acting like the apocalypse is here. Have you forgotten the two 7th place finishes already?

And to suggest that we've regressed from Conte's first year is beyond absurd. We weren't even playing in Europe, we finished the season with, I think, 84 points. We already have 84 with 6 rounds left this year. Our nickname was Drawventus. People seriously think we have regressed since a 15 draw season (unbeaten albeit) without even having to deal with European play? We drew against have the bottom dwellers in the league that season.

delpiero4life

Mar 23, 2010
Our tactics are all wrong.

Slow motion lethargic displays won't beat a pub side, let alone a strong European one in EL semis.

It's not necessarily the formation, though it does play a role, it's more the tactics. For one, our players are always maintaining the exact shape in attack. It gives the defence nothing to think about, as you always know exactly where your man is going to be. If this wasn't bad enough, our passing is so slow that it's almost in rewind. Again, it hardly threatens the defence. To make things worse, we have all but given up on pressuring the opposition as a team when defending, we just hang back waiting for them to get real close to the box or give the ball away.

Conte needs to mix things up a bit, if not in formations, then at least in speeding up plays at times and allowing players more movement in attack.
Couldn't agree more

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We beat Fiorentina and Lyon to get there.
Those teams have nine losses in their respective leagues, so... they suck. It's like saying we beat Real Sociedad or something.

Juventus should be steamrolling all of these clubs in the EL, but instead we look like the Capello years in the CL. It's just not good enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone plays to win.
That is an obvious false statement. If teams always play to win, why do some always sit back for the draw? Why does Juventus do the same?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Those teams have nine losses in their respective leagues, so... they suck. It's like saying we beat Real Sociedad or something.

Juventus should be steamrolling all of these clubs in the EL, but instead we look like the Capello years in the CL. It's just not good enough.

- - - Updated - - -

That is an obvious false statement. If teams always play to win, why do some always sit back for the draw? Why does Juventus do the same?
I did not say they are amazing teams, I said we have had the toughest opponents in EL so far of the teams remaining and that is certainly true.

And in a knockout competition, teams play to win. In league, it's not the case always, but I was referring to knockouts. Lyon came here to win today, as they had to if they didn't want to go out of the competition. They weren't playing for a draw. Obviously. We only sit back for a draw when it will suit us. Which is never in the league, but in a knockout, where you are winning after the first leg, especially away, most teams play to not concede at home.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Even in knockouts teams sit back and play for the draw all the time, or even to protect the current loss but aggregate win. Juventus has violated that supposed "truth" for a number of years, so have other sides. That much is evident.

But I guess your point really comes down to the fact you're trying to fluff a poor performance, which is fine, but as others have said, it doesn't make any sense. Juventus can play better than this, even against teams "playing to win." That is really insulting to this great club.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Even in knockouts teams sit back and play for the draw all the time, or even to protect the current loss but aggregate win. Juventus has violated that supposed "truth" for a number of years, so have other sides. That much is evident.

But I guess your point really comes down to the fact you're trying to fluff a poor performance, which is fine, but as others have said, it doesn't make any sense. Juventus can play better than this, even against teams "playing to win." That is really insulting to this great club.
I don't think I'm disagreeing with you, that Juve can play better. Of course we can. You are 100% correct. However, I don't think our performance was an atrocity by any means. And I'm not shouting that "the sky is falling" like so many here. We dominated the second half, easily. We should have dominated the entire 90. Yes. We didn't. I see something slightly off with our clubs mentality, and our coaching. Nothing dramatic, but enough to mean that we seem to have trouble imposing our style for more than about 45-60 (being generous at 60) minutes a match. This is a problem against opposition that can make you pay for 15 minutes of lackadaisical play, let alone 30 or 40 minutes like that. I'm hoping this will improve next season.

All I was saying, was that the results are coming, sometimes in poor fashion, sometimes in good fashion. It seems it is that time of year for us. Our form is suffering in about 2 out of every 3 matches right now. Disappointing, but not the end of the world as we are still winning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)