[Europa League] JUVENTUS 2-0 Trabzonspor (Feb. 20th 2014) (1 Viewer)

MoM

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Ogbonna

• Bonucci

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Pogba

• Isla

• Tevez

• Osvaldo

• Giovinco

• Vidal

Results are only viewable after voting.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
lol, really?! molinaro , ceglie and peluso imo are almost on the same level, but i would say peluso are better than them. de ceglie was a menece to our defence and $#@!ed up alle the time. peluso is much better defencivly, tackler and header. also his crossing can be pretty good. focus on the players who is the heart of this team, and we should expect better of

- - - Updated - - -

he did serve the ball on a plattern for tevez, but he just isnt a very good finisher...
Poor Juve if it could stand a argument who is better Peluso or Molinaro-De Ceglie.Poor ourseves.Yes he did one good pass to Tevez and zillion errors.Period.Not a JUve material.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I just don't see how or why Conte would go about things differently between a game in Europe and a game in Italy. I think the biggest difference is that teams aren't scared to attack you. They know that if they lose and they are the underdog so be it, in Italy it's different. We also probably don't have as much time to play our game as it moves a bit faster. Now against the bigger teams they are a bit more cautious as they know we can play and they don't want to ship a goal, so they go about it a bit differently. So that's my answer. I'm guessing you were hoping I was going to say Conte. But that doesn't make sense to me.
It's always easier to play when you are expected to lose, the pressure is on us in this tie and will be for perhaps the whole tournament. Simply, we need to control games better, we never did tonight. Forced every pass and gave up too much.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
It's always easier to play when you are expected to lose, the pressure is on us in this tie and will be for perhaps the whole tournament. Simply, we need to control games better, we never did tonight. Forced every pass and gave up too much.
we missed quite a few players though.

Juventus lacked the calm and pressing presence of litch, asa, and vidal.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
\\Anyway that ball pass the line.I saw the repeat several times.But the movong of our players was horrible then.So that goal was rightfully dissalowed.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Definitely after this game we can say something for sure:

This team is by far not rliant on Pirlo. the 352 is by far not realint on Pirlo and Bonucci.... the real pillars of our 352 are Licht and Asamoah. By far.

You take those 2 out and we end up being a distateful bunch. Mind you, maybe licht and Asa are not the most gifted wingers out there,,,, but Conte´s formation is so badly planned, that for it to work...we FORCEFULLY need the work of those 2 on the wings to be able to produce something.

Add to that the absence of Vidal and the wonders of the 3 stoogies (Bonucci, isla, Peluso) and u are in for a ride of bad emotions.

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
I like the idea of Gio playing LW but we NEED another player next to him to take the ball back or kill their counterattacks because Gio will be dispossessed many times during a game and the referee would be tired of halt the match.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Definitely after this game we can say something for sure:

This team is by far not rliant on Pirlo. the 352 is by far not realint on Pirlo and Bonucci.... the real pillars of our 352 are Licht and Asamoah. By far.

You take those 2 out and we end up being a distateful bunch. Mind you, maybe licht and Asa are not the most gifted wingers out there,,,, but Conte´s formation is so badly planned, that for it to work...we FORCEFULLY need the work of those 2 on the wings to be able to produce something.

Add to that the absence of Vidal and the wonders of the 3 stoogies (Bonucci, isla, Peluso) and u are in for a ride of bad emotions.
:lol: Well said.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I just don't see how or why Conte would go about things differently between a game in Europe and a game in Italy. I think the biggest difference is that teams aren't scared to attack you. They know that if they lose and they are the underdog so be it, in Italy it's different. We also probably don't have as much time to play our game as it moves a bit faster. Now against the bigger teams they are a bit more cautious as they know we can play and they don't want to ship a goal, so they go about it a bit differently. So that's my answer. I'm guessing you were hoping I was going to say Conte. But that doesn't make sense to me.
In Europe it's mostly knockout football: win or lose, 0-0 gets you nothing. That's not the same with the league where teams sit back for a point, but in Europe teams attack and open up. Juve have created plenty of chances (highest in Europe in some matches) our strikers aren't finishing well enough, imo aren't good enough.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
In Europe it's mostly knockout football: win or lose, 0-0 gets you nothing. That's not the same with the league where teams sit back for a point, but in Europe teams attack and open up. Juve have created plenty of chances (highest in Europe in some matches) our strikers aren't finishing well enough, imo aren't good enough.
New forwards, same problems as last year.

Well, at least we aren't Ajax.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Well Tevez - Llorente is certainly an upgrade on what we had, and Llorente adds a lot to our game with his size, which is great for us because we can literally hoof it and make something happen

But yeah being an upgrade on Matri & friends isn't hard. You just have to be able to control a ball to achieve that.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
We can beat Sassuolo 6-0 on Sunday and meet them in Europe in three days and somehow we would manage to get ourselves in trouble.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I also agree, whose job is to take the pressure off?

Apr 8, 2013
The thing who astonished me the most was seeing a lot of our players making banal mistakes in the middle of the pitch in the late second half. That could've been really dangerous and decisive for the match.

Luckily Buffon had a focused performance and the lineman had that error on the legit goal, otherwise it would've been 1-1 and then I wouldn't have known how the outcome would have been. But our Europa League was born under a lucky star I'd say, unlike the former CL.

I think we derserved this win, and the Coach and the Guys deserved it even more because someone's been talking shit about our CL without knowing nothing and looking just at the results, while we played a fantastic CL and have been just unlucky, in every possible way, and the stats and facts, that don't lie, shows that.

Tonight we wasted a lot, in the first half the scoreline could've been already 2-0 or 3-0 and it would've been fair. In the second half they had some chances, as I already said before, when we switched to that wide 4-3-3 (but hey, here I see people saying that 4-3-3 was great... Jesus :lol:) even if JUST one was big (on their disallowed goal), but people are making a big matter out of it. They had 11 shots, we the double, without half of our starters and without running at all. The Pogba goal at the last min (the first in Europe for the Enfant Prodige), that great shot, makes everything sweet, after so much risks, and today I'm even more convinced, as I was before, that in this Europa League we can really succeed. A very great way to start the evening, now I'm hanging out.

Buffon 7 - Leader tonight, the only one really focused and yelled and woke up the team when necessary. True captain.
Caceres 5 - Often unfocused, I didn't like that.
Bonucci 5.5 - On that last chance when a Trabz player outbursted him in speed by 2m behind, you could see another of his several lacks as a defender. Not starter material, I'll repeat.
Ogbonna 5 - Same as Caceres, with the other problem that he was even sloppy sometimes. But I like his attitude, he's not as irritating as Martin when making mistakes. He'll become great in the next years.
Isla 4 - Not a bad game, tbh, but I totally HATE and DESPISE his complete lack of character. In Juve, since... always, when a player didn't excel technically, to be a massive part of the squad at least he had to have the right attitude. This guy doesn't, he's totally unreliable, and even when he plays well he can be a reliability on the pitc cause of his lack of balls.
Pogba 5.5 - Really superficial, didn't like him at all. Half vote more for the really pleasing last-gasp goal.
Pirlo 6.5 - Gave a bit of order and precision and a crucial last-man tackle int he last mins, leading a midfield who was overall very confused. His experience and Buffon's were visible and really useful on the pitch.
Marchisio 6+ - Just a word: reliable.
Peluso 4 - Just a word: horrible. By any point of view.
Tevez 6 - Liking all his efforts, but he really needs to scroll out of himself that europe complex. You could see it on his face that he has it.
Osvaldo 7.5 - OSVALDONE! Really useful and intelligent on the middle of the pitch. When he arrived, I really thought he would have been a nice surprise, and he's confirming it. Keep it up Pablone!

Vidal n.v. - Didn't have to do that much, I prefer to don't give him an average vote for nothing.
Llorente 5 - Didn't play that much, but really looked unsharp. Lost amost every ball. Only good thing the lay-off on Pogba's post, but for the rest really bad.
Giovinco 6 - Was useful in last mins. But it's really sad to see people jumping on him and 4-3-3's dick for nothing.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
How clear-cut have been those chances though ? If we are including half-chances too, then it doesnt make a good argument.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I also agree, whose job is to take the pressure off?
The coach can't remove pressure because it's always there as a favourite, but he has a part in helping us playing a normal game.

Maybe his character goes against the team in this respect, with him being so fiery. I suppose we can't have it both ways, and the players are responsible for being professional.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
A large reason we had the 'most shots in the CL' at that time was because we were reduced to our midfield taking pot shots from 25 yards after failing miserably to break down shit teams like Copenhagen (Who were 3rd bottom of their own awful league when we drew with them) or Galatasaray who appointed a new manager just before.

Not to mention Gala conceded about 400 goals to Madrid in the last 2 seasons in the CL

Here's this for an attacking statistic, one that really matters.

In 6 group stage games, we failed to score more than 1 goal from open play in each game.
There's no point glossing over our failures in Europe. If you keep making excuses about 'luck' for too long you end up believing it and you turn in to your average liverpool fan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)