[Europa League] JUVENTUS 0-0 Benfica (May 1st 2014) (4 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Asamoah

• Pirlo

• Pogba

• Vidal

• Licht

• Tevez

• Llorente

• Marchisio

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
It's crazy. After their red card we turned to walking pace mode. It's like we said "no need to rush now, calm down and create something with intelligence, not with sheer power". The problem is we don't have intelligent players.
After the red card they went in full defensive mode , made the space compact . When a team is in park the bus mode its difficult to break down rather than when a team is playing .

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
ßöмßäяðîëя;4530412 said:
Hey Zach!

At least you won the battle which matters! You won possession!
We dont believe in such bullshit mentality. Only teams that like to get spanked hard seemb to.

now gtfo and go infract someone else

I will call you a peasant because that's your favourite word and also that's how you act 99% of your time here.
You were wrong. I was right. That makes you the peasant.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Conte in europa is a mismatch. We need to inject some pace, flair and individuals who can perform and create on their own. We need matchwinners. Our response to the benfica red card was horrendous. We clearly lack the attacking firepower which was reqired and needed. We cant counterattack for $#@! and we cant go all out attack. This is a serious handicap in cl and el. We are perfect for grinding out 1-0 results in serie a, but so handicapt compared to eurocups that even the smallest teams can stand toe to toe with us. The image of juventus is hurt and we continue to be irrelevant in eu. Emberrasing result yet again
Spot on.

Like i said before the match..... this Juventus tea, struggles when in need of going for goals,, because we cant create them. As simple as that. This team is flawed.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Why blaming Conte?!
Conte did all he could!
His subs and everything was ok. We need a fast player who can dribble and score Giovinco was our only candidate for that spot so he got on the field!
Someone like Sanchez (although I`m not a big fan of him) would make us a lot better
should've taken pirlo out and bring isla or something so kind of 4-2-3-1 with gio-tevez-llorente-isla... pirlo add nothing in such a situation and pogba can take over the job... instead he brought that useless osvaldo.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
We have been lucky to win certain games this season, there was matches where we created nothing and still scrapped through the match to get 3 points in the league. After the Bayern game it was clear 3-5-2 was not the way forward but Conte insisted on it and spent 30 million on Ogbonna and Tevez to keep the 3-5-2.

I hope the management takes a good long look at themselves and starts actually trying to play attacking football with a direction, i got a lot of flame on this forum for suggesting we are not as good as we think we are and sadly i have been proven right and the results are there for everyone to see we have not been good enough.
So should pep and mourinho also change their formation ?.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
nO, u are not alone. Like i said before... we have some highly rated individuals but we suck as a team

We always just gp there to hoe something happens and save us...we have no plan in attack. We can get possesion but as a unit in attack with are a mess.

also this:

I think a variation to LLorente would do wonders. The man is just not enought. INmobile next season plz
Yes i agree we have fantastic players but as a team under Conte he is not getting the best out of them with his formation/tactics. He has also bought players who give us no cutting edge and we have no attacking play or any sort of counter attack ability. How many games do we see the long ball so often it's not good enough and we got that we deserved nothing.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Serie A teams give us too much respect, the games are much slower pace and we capitalize on that with players like Pirlo, Pogba, Vidal and Tevez.

In Europe its a whole different ball game, constantly pressed and worked. Hopefully we improve this summer.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
should've taken pirlo out and bring isla or something so kind of 4-2-3-1 with gio-tevez-llorente-isla... pirlo add nothing in such a situation and pogba can take over the job... instead he brought that useless osvaldo.
You do know that taking out Pirlo even if he is not at his best game is a mistake given that Pirlo can at any day deliver that one killing pass or one FK that make the difference!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)